031: The Fallen

Sadly the first sibling that was to join Valhalla was the only daughter of Ragnar Lothbrok

With a blooded sword and shield she fought the many of attackers that stood in her way, cutting open their flesh and leaving them to bleed out as she continued her journey towards her eldest child. She had noticed Alec struggling from a far and made it her duty to protect him, but unfortunately the Gods would not allow such things.

With already having several wounds to the stomach and arms, the young warrior was too weak to fight any longer due to loss of blood. With one final swing of his sword, his mother watched in horror as the an axe impaled him, smashing right through his skull. He was not alive by the time his body crashed to the dirt and blood soaked ground, a wound like that would have been fatal in the matter of seconds.

The distraught Mother had no time to grieve over the loss of her child, she was in a battle and when in a battle you kill. And that's what she intended on doing.

She let out a painful scream that she did not know would be her last and charged forward, aiming straight for the group of Rus that had mercilessly killed a child. Her child. Swords clashing with shields, screams of pain, that was what pushed her to the edge, the Gods had pushed her to the edge. She was becoming Ivar, someone longing to shed blood.

The first of the men didn't get a chance to turn around before Isi dug her sword straight through his stomach, making sure to twist the blade insuring that he would be in even more pain. With a grunt she held her shield up to block the second mans sword before pulling her own from his friend. However before she could use it, the third man tore open the flesh of her arm with a quick swipe of his sword resulting in her shield slipping from his place.   

Knowing that if she didn't continue her remaining children would be left without a mother, and her experiencing that first hand she extended her hand and smashed her shield into the second mans face, a fraction of it breaking off. Insuring that the man was properly dead she swiped her blade across his neck before failing to block another attack and receiving another wound to the leg.

Isi fell to the dirt and watched as the 4th man retrieved the axe that had been buried in her sons skull, wiping the blood onto his clothing. With a hint of the devil in his eyes he began to approach her, though much to her surprise she didn't not receive the same fait as her son. Instead when she looked down at her stomach she saw the tip of a sword covered in her blood sticking out of it, the sword had belonged to the third man that she was still yet to kill. Just as soon as it had gotten there the man pulled it back out, but there was no pain.

Surprised that the men hadn't made sure to finish her off, she clutched onto her stomach and began crawling towards the body of her son. With blood shot eyes she could see more and more bodies falling around her, her own body nearly being trampled on many times.

Just as the still body of her son came into view Isi felt herself grow weaker by the second, loosing more and more blood with each movement. Though she was not in any pain due to the adrenaline that was coursing through her, it was clear to her that she was dying and her only wish was to be at her sons side when she did.