seven -edited-

-Third Person Pov-

Embry paces the small room, his hands gripping his short hair tightly as he does. "What have I done?" He mumbles, eyes wide, staring directly at the door, trying to listen to anything indicating that something went wrong with Elizabeth. The door opens and out walks Sam. "Is she- Did I-" Embry cuts himself off, not wanting to think about that as Sam takes his shoulders. "She's gonna be fine. Definitely gonna scar and take a bit of healing, but she's fine." He states slowly, trying to get the words to sink into Embry's thick skull. "I have to tell Charlie." Embry breathes out, realizing it was the chief's daughter he's just mauled, he wasn't supposed to be with her. Had he just texted her as he said he would instead of showing up at her house, she'd be in bed right now, sleeping so she could go ride the bikes with Jake and Bella tomorrow.

Sam stops Embry quickly as he tries to walk away. "You can't do that yet. Not right now." He sighs as Embry's eyes fill with tears, not dropping over the lashes. "What we have to worry about most is making sure Jake doesn't know that it was you who did this." A quizzical look takes over Embry's face as he stares at the alpha almost ordering that in front of him. "Why?" "I've been keeping an eye on him, there's a very real chance that he's the next to phase, and by the way that Jacob was when he met Elizabeth shows me she's his imprint." Sam explains as Sue and Emily slowly come out of the room. Embry immediately drops the subject at hand to rush to them, waiting for their update. He rubs his sweaty palms down his shorts, holding his breath in anticipation.

Sue carefully pulls the latex gloves off her hands, walking to Embry after throwing them away, she takes his face in her hands, making his eyes level with hers. "Elizabeth is going to be okay." She states, no expression on her face, no falter in her voice. Embry nods, his eyes still filled with tears as he speaks. "Can I see her?" "When she wakes up." Sue walks him to the couch, holding the boy against her as Leah and Seth walk downstairs.

-Elizabeth's Pov-

I finally woke back up, half expecting to still be in the woods despite hearing people talk, it sounded like two girls and a guy. I sit up, immediately crying out from the feeling of sheer pain tearing through my skin. The door practically flies open and Embry stands in the doorway, staring at me. I move back quickly, the wolf flashes through my mind causing me to flinch and move back further. He freezes, his eyes welling up with tears. "I'm sorry, Elizabeth. I'm so sorry." He mumbles, carefully moving toward me. "What in the absolute fuck is going on?" I stumble over my words as a few other people walk in. Two of which I recognize. Harry Clearwater, one of my dad's best friends, and Sam, the dude from the woods.

The woman beside Harry steps forward, pulling Embry back before walking back to me. "Before we get into that, I'm Sue Clearwater, Harry's wife. You're at our house because we were afraid you wouldn't make it to the hospital." She states quietly as she sits in the chair beside me. "W- Wouldn't make it?!" I sit up again, this time the tearing feeling is worse as if my skin is pulling apart, tears immediately stream down my face as I force back a scream. "Hey, hey, take it easy." She reaches for the blanket. "Can I?" I look down realizing I'm... bandaged? I nod as she carefully pulls it away. "You need to be extremely careful when doing anything for a little while."

"So no motorcycles?" I grumble, staring at the bandages. She stifles a laugh, narrowing her eyes at anyone who didn't. "Exactly that. No motorcycles." "What the hell happened to me? I was walking with Embry, and I pissed him off, I remember that and I'm sorry, Embry. But out of nowhere there was this huge wolf, and within seconds it attacked me." Embry's face contorts in a look of pain as he looks down. "I happened to you, Elizabeth." "In all fairness, he warned me not to talk about Quil and Jake." I smirk, reaching out for him. "Come here, Call." He quickly walks over, sitting beside me. I grab his face, pulling it toward me. "I'm not angry with you. I should be, but I'm not. I'm kinda scared of you now, but I'm not angry."

I chuckle as his brows furrow. "You're not mad at me?" I shake my head. "No. In all honesty, I'm just, extremely scared." I shrug, one hand coming down and wrapping around my stomach because even just sitting up feels like I'm being torn in two. Embry stands quickly, putting space between us. Sue comes over, carefully sitting beside me. "Why don't we call Charlie? Maybe get you something small to eat?" I shrug, leaning against the wall so I can sit up without having to hold myself up. "Let me go call Charlie. Leah, can you come with me?" Sue stands up, being followed out by a thin girl with long hair, and an angry expression on her face. "What am I supposed to do about taking care of myself? Dad has to work and Bella's always busy."

Sam looks over at me, his brows furrowed in thought before he nods. "We could talk to Billy. He's home almost always, and Jacob can help." "I don't want to be anywhere near J-" Sam holds his hand up, stopping me. "You need people around you, Elizabeth." He states, a serious look on his face. "Fine. But Charlie has to allow it first, clearly." I smirk, staring him dead in the eye. "Well, looks like you'll be having fun at Billy's." Sam challenges. Sue walks in with a sigh. "Charlie is on his way, he's taking you to the hospital. Bella, Billy, and Jake are coming as well because they were with him already." She states her hands on her hips. I groan, rolling my eyes. "Ugh, Jacob?" She chuckles, nodding. "Yeah, he'll be there."