twelve -edited-

I walk over to Jacob and he immediately grabs my wrist, pulling me to him. "Why are you with them?" He hisses, his skin practically burning me from the heat coming off of him. I rip my arm away quickly. "I'm friends with them and you know that. You can't tell me what to do and what not to do. You're not my boyfriend." I seethe, walking backward. "And I would never want to be." He snaps, throwing his hands up in anger. "Fuck you, Jacob." My eyes just barely fill with tears as I stare at him. His attitude immediately drops and his eyes soften. "'Lizabeth." He grabs my hand. I yank my arm away, walking back to the pack. "Sam, you need to get him. Seriously. He's burning up and his anger is through the roof."

Sam quickly hands me a jacket and passes me to Embry. "Take her back to Billy's to get her things then take her to Charlie's. She can't be around him at all." "But I thought she was-" Embry starts only to be cut off by Sam. "Take her to Charlie's." His voice holds a certain authority causing Embry to immediately straighten up and nod. "Come on." He takes my arm carefully before Paul stops us, handing me my clothes. "Figured you'd want these and your money." He smirks, dropping them into my hands. "Sure thing, I just love getting money from people." Embry leads me to the truck, glancing back every few seconds to look at Jacob. "He's-" I cut myself off, not wanting it to happen because it means he has to leave Bella and Quil. "Isn't he?"

Embry sighs as he drives. "Yeah." I drop my head to his shoulder, my nose pressed against his still-damp skin. "You're worried?" He asks, just barely looking over at me. "Yes. Bella's gonna lose her best friend and so is Quil." He shakes his head, looking at me a bit longer that time. "I don't care about them right now, how do you feel about all of this?" "I kissed him, Embry. I feel like shit because of it, I know he and Bella like each other, and I just showed up and took him from her." I huff, staring out the window. "Oh." His brows furrow as he nods. "Listen, Elizabeth, I'm really sorry about everything. But there's always a chance you'll be his imprint." I crease my brows, looking over at him. "Imprint?" He shakes his head, zipping his lips. "Not my place to tell you."

I huff again, the car ride going silent the rest of the way, and when I go to get out Embry stops me. "No way. Stay in the truck. I'll be back." He goes inside and within moments he comes back out, my bags in his hands. "Put something on before you show up at your house like that." Embry scans me over, handing me shorts and a t-shirt. I chuckle, pulling the jacket off my shoulders and slipping clothes on. "Jake's not gonna be allowed around you for a while, it's nothing personal but we can't have that," He motions to my stomach. "Happen again." I shrug, lifting my shirt to scan it over. "I mean, they're gonna be some gnarly-looking scars." Embry laughs with a nod.

"The biggest thing you need to do is keep Bella away from Jake. Seriously. She's already caught up with v- the Cullens, we don't need her caught up with wolves too." He shakes his head with a scoff.  "Seriously. It's like she willingly puts herself in harm's way without a single thought." Embry smirks looking over at me as we get closer to my house. "You literally got attacked by a wolf, stayed with an almost wolf, then pissed off said almost wolf, all in the matter of a few weeks." "I- That's not- Okay- Okay fine, perhaps I'm not the safest person, but I didn't know I'd get attacked, didn't know Jacob would shift soon, and was tired of his attitude." I cross my arms over my chest with a huff.

Embry chuckles as he pulls into the driveway. "Come on, you need to get inside." I huff again, dropping my head back. "I have to?" "You have to." I look over at him, messing with his hand on my thigh. "Can you stay with me?" He smiles sadly and shakes his head. "I need to go deal with Jake." He squeezes my thigh before motioning to the door. "I gotta get back before Sam starts getting worried." He kisses my forehead before I climb out. "Be careful, Em." "Always." I smile before going inside. "What are you doing here? Not that I'm not happy to see you, but what are you doing here?" Dad sets his beer down when I walk in. "Turns out Jacob's..." I pause slightly trying to come up with a reason. "Sick. And I didn't wanna get it." He nods, looking back at the paper.

"I'm super tired, so I'm gonna head upstairs." "Goodnight, Elizabeth." He looks at me, his awkward smile on his face. I kiss his cheek with a smile. "Night, dad." As soon as I get upstairs, Bella pulls me into her room. "What's going on with Jake? Why are you here tonight? It's only Tuesday, I thought you wouldn't be back until the weekend." "Jacob's sick, so he won't be able to talk for a while. I'm here cause I didn't want to get sick." I walk out, rolling my eyes. Dropping down onto my bed, I text Embry. 'It's not fun being here, when can I come back to Billy's?' I set the phone on my nightstand, staring up at the ceiling. I had apparently fallen asleep because I woke up to my window being opened, I sit up, eyes wide until I realize it was Embry.

He smiles at me and walks to the bed. "Hey." I reach out for him, grabbing his hands. "Come lie down. I'm sleepy and it feels so cold here." He kisses my forehead as he lies down beside me. "You're worried, aren't you?" "What if it's Bella? What if she's supposed to be with him?" I look back up to the ceiling, avoiding eye contact. "If it is, I'm still here. I'm here." He mumbles the last sentence, holding me to him. "I love you, Embry." "I love you too, Elizabeth."