nine -edited-

The following days I stay at Emily's, Jacob's visits are few and far between, he's here now but he's not here. "Jacob." I push his shoulder, scowling. "Yeah?" "I'm literally talking to you and you're texting someone." I huff, taking the phone from his hands. "Elizabeth!" He growls, snatching it back quickly. "I get it if you don't want to be here but I'd appreciate it if you didn't ignore me," I say, turning away from him. "Baby, don't be like that. It's not that I don't want to be here but Leah keeps updating me on what's happening at the house." I scoff, pushing myself off the couch. "Just go, Jake."

"Go?" "Go. If you wanna know what's going on there so badly, then leave." He goes to open his mouth when I turn away, hopping off to the kitchen. I can hear his stifling his laughter as I lean against Emily against the counter. "I'm sorry, sweetie." She says, pulling me into a hug. "He's so caught up in everything going on. I wish he was here with me, Emily. I know he can hear me but still." Jacob walks out, running his hands down his face. "Babe, it's not that I don't wanna be here, I do, it's just things are a bit stressful at the Cullens." "It's stressful here too. More boys are shifting every day."

His eyes widen and he quickly pulls me into the living room. "You mean to tell me you're staying here and Sam is bringing new shifters around you every day?" He seethes. "No, Jacob. Sam's a lot smarter than he looks. I'm just saying, it's stressful for everyone." I snap, pushing his hands off me. "Oh, wait, Carlisle told me to bring you these." He walks outside and a few moments later he returns with crutches. "Finally." I huff, taking them from him. I sit them on the couch, turning to Jacob with my hands on my hips. "Are you done ignoring me when you're here?" "Of course."

He walks over, kissing my forehead. We sit back on the couch after moving my crutches, me in his lap to make room for Emily. "Emily! Come sit with us, I'll help you cook later." I call for her. Soon enough she comes in, sitting beside me as we watch tv until Sam comes in. "Everything going okay?" Emily asks the man. He nods, smiling and walking over to her. "Doing great." He plants kisses down the scars on her face before walking back to the kitchen. "I want that one day." I look up at Jacob who laughs, kissing my forehead. "You'll have everything you want, baby." He says.

I smile, leaning against him until his phone rings. "Give me five minutes." "Jacob-" "Just five. You can even count." I sigh, nodding. He lifts me up, sitting me on the couch as he walks outside. "Are you counting?" Emily asks with a laugh when she notices my concentration. I nod. Five minutes later and I'm on my crutches, walking to the door. "Jake?" "Hey listen, I gotta go. Elizabeth needs me." I smile, stepping over so he can come in when the other guys follow close behind. "Hey." Embry walks over, kissing my cheek. My smile widens as I ruffle his hair.

Quil also kisses my cheek. Since being here I've grown quite close to all the boys but being closest to Embry and Quil. Jacob growls at his friends, pulling me closer to him. "It's a friendly gesture, Jacob. Don't be that way." "You should come back to the Cullens with me. Everyone knows to stay away from you, so you'll be safe." I nod, shrugging. "I don't see why not. I haven't talked to Bella in a few days." He picks me up, glaring at both Emry and Quil before leaving with me. Back at the Cullens, Bella rushes to me. "What are you doing here?" "Jacob brought me over."

"You shouldn't be here. They haven't fed in days." She hisses, pushing us back to the truck. "I'll take her back. I wasn't aware the bloodsuckers haven't fed recently." "Yeah, and you brought my sister around like meals on wheels." Bella sighs. "I just wanted to see Nessie," I state. "Plus, Jacob will be beside me the entire time." "Leave her side and I'll kill you," Bella promises, poking Jacob's chest. "Got it." He says, helping me inside. "Elizabeth!" Nessie shouts, running to me. I laugh, hugging the small girl. "Nessie!" Red eyes flash to me and I hear a snarl before someone growls.

"We should get going," Jacob says, his fingers curled in my shirt. "Yeah, yeah," I mumble, huffing. "I'll be around soon." I smile at the girl when Leah walks over. "Good to see you up and walking around, Liz." "Not the first time I've broken a bone." I shrug. I scan everyone over before turning to Jacob. "I'm ready if you are." He nods, picking me up and wrapping my legs around his waist, and walking out. "I could've walked y'know." "I know." He smirks, kissing my forehead. "I didn't like the way they looked at you." He says once we're in the truck. "What, like a meal?" I tease, knowing I'm right.

"There was one who looked at you like Embry does." "Oh?" He growls. "Don't sound so pleased." "It's so easy to make you jealous," I smirk, looking over at him. "I know that look, don't you dare." I go to open my mouth when he growls again. "Don't." "I haven't even done anything." I defend with a laugh. At Emily's I walk in, sitting in Embry's lap at the table. "Jacob is okay with this?" He asks. "Absolutely not. I just wanna make him jealous, it's so easy." I smirk, looking at Jacob when he comes in, slamming his keys to the counter. I blow him a kiss, staying seated.

"Elizabeth." He growls, yanking me off Embry's lap and outside. "Can't put weight on my foot, slow down." I huff when he pushes me against a tree, slamming his lips onto mine when my phone rings. I smile, pushing him away and answering. He stands off to the side, fuming as I talk. "Hello?" "Hey, Liz, we're heading to dad's tomorrow for Christmas." I nod, leaning against the tree again. "Who all is going?" "Me, Edward, Ness, Leah, Seth, you, and Jake. Sue's gonna be there too." "I knew Sue and dad were seeing each other." She laughs. "Have been."