ten -edited-

I wake up not sure how long later, someone's arm draped over my hip, their chest pressed to my back. I force myself up, half expecting it to be Embry, forgetting where I am for a moment, only to turn and see Jacob. I quickly stand, walking to the kitchen. I look outside to see the sun just barely rising. If they have to deal with me, I should at least try to help somehow. After cooking breakfast for them, I start washing dishes and cleaning up here and there in between as well. Soon enough Jacob walks in, his shorts hanging loosely off his hips, no shirt on, stretching, only making his muscles more defined. My face goes red and I quickly look down at the dishwater, continuing to wash dishes. "'Morning." He mumbles, rubbing his eyes. "'Morning." My response is quiet.

He quickly realizes what I'm doing and carefully grabs my waist, picking me up. "Sue said no walking or standing. And you're standing here doing dishes." I point to the table when he sits me on the counter. "I also made breakfast. There are bowls over the food to keep it warm." He sighs, leaning on the counter beside me. "You're hurt and you're still making breakfast for us. You don't even like me." He chuckles, grabbing a plate off the table. "I never said that." I lean back against the cabinets, my head against the door but looking at him. "The fuck you Jacob's pretty much told me everything." My face goes red as he looks at me with a smile, his sharp canines making his smile that much more attractive.

"Sorry." I carefully push myself down off the counter but he quickly grabs my hips again, stopping me. His face is inches from mine as he looks at me. He starts to lean towards me, his lips almost against mine when we hear Billy's wheelchair against the floor. Jacob jumps back, grabbing his food again, and quickly shoveling it into his red face. I turn back to the sink, scrubbing at the pan I've washed three times now. "'Mornin'!" Billy says with a smile, it falls when he sees me. "Now, Elizabeth-" I cut him off. "I insisted. I was already awake, breakfast is on the table and Jacob tried to stop me from doing dishes but I decided I wanted to anyway."

He shakes his head, looking up at Jacob for a split second. "What's got you so red, son?" My face immediately goes red again as Jacob shrugs. "I must just be warm." Jacob offers as a simple solution, just barely looking at me. Billy nods, his eyes scanning both of us over before I drain the sink, drying the pan in my hands. "I'll wash breakfast dishes later." I start to put dishes away when someone stops me, I turn, my face inches from Jacob's for the second time today. "I'll put them away, go sit down." He picks me up, carrying me to the couch. I huff, pulling my feet up and turning the tv on. "You're moving around pretty well today." Billy adds, watching me stand as soon as Jacob leaves the room. "It's not the first time I've been hurt like this, I can manage."

I pick things up in the living room, the tv droning on in the background to fill the noiseless space. "I'm gonna be out with Harry today. Jake, can you keep an eye on her until I get back?" Jacob steps into the room, his eyes narrowing when he sees me walking around. "Shouldn't you be sitting?" I shrug, continuing to pick things up. "I've got her, dad." Jacob speaks while staring at me. As soon as Billy leaves Jacob grabs my waist, picking me up and setting me on the couch. "Sit. I'll clean, you watch tv." "Jacob-" He stops me, slapping his hand over my mouth. "No, sit." I lick his hand, trying to get him to move it but he just leans down, his face inches from mine.

"I don't want to sit." Everything I say is muffled through his hand and he sighs, pulling his hand down. "What?" "I don't wanna sit. I physically cannot sit still." He shrugs, sitting down beside me. "Then, not sit still with me. What do you wanna do?" He looks over at me with a smile. "Do you have checkers or chess?" He nods and stands. "Should I put a shirt on?" He teases and my eyes immediately rake down his chest, stopping at his waistband before snapping back up to his face. He smirks, taking a few steps back. "I'll put one on." "You suck." I cross my arms over my chest as he walks to his room. My face goes red as I look down. He soon comes back out with a shirt on and a checkerboard in his hands.

"Here, set it up. You want a drink?" He thumbs to the kitchen, I nod, and as soon as he turns I stand. Cleaning until he comes in again, but he came in a lot faster than I expected. "Seriously?" His face holds an expression of amusement. "You guys have to deal with me until I'm better, the least I can do is clean." He shakes his head, grabbing my waist again. "Sit. You don't have to do anything." I go to protest when he pulls his hand away, his fingertips stained red and he immediately lifts the edge of my shirt. "Bathroom. Let me grab something." As soon as we're in there he sits me on the sink, lifting my shirt directly underneath my bra, his hand resting on my chest. My face goes red but he doesn't move, doesn't even seem to notice.

He quickly cleans and rewraps everything, carefully dropping his hands to my hips. "I didn't mean to touch your chest." He mumbles dropping his head so his eyes are level with mine. "It's cool." I attempt to say but it comes out fumbled and stuttered together. He leans closer, his lips finally connecting with mine. My eyes close and I sigh into the kiss just as the front door opens. Jacob quickly pulls back, stepping away from me. He helps me down before walking out to the living room. My face is hot as I willingly sit on the couch. After about an hour of sitting there, thinking about the fact that I just kissed Bella's best friend, Jacob comes over. "You hungry, 'Lizabeth?" I shrug, pushing myself up. "I'll make lunch for us, sit."