eight -edited-

I fight against Embry as he walks me out of the house before throwing me over his shoulder, ignoring how much I'm thrashing. "Elizabeth, knock it off!" He barks. "Stop it! I don't wanna go!" I finally get myself down, stumbling but catching my balance quickly. "I don't want to go!" I growl, glaring at him when Jacob walks out. "Elizabeth. That's enough. You're acting like a child." "Whatever, but I'm not leaving my sister." Jacob steps forward, grabbing my jaw, forcing me to look up at him. "You're going and that's final." He growls. "I'm." I push his hand down. "Not." Taking a step back. "Going."

"Elizabeth, you're gonna get yourself hurt." He warns, slowly dropping his hands to his sides. "I'm not, can't you understand that?" I step back again to put more room between us but my foot doesn't land on anything and I lose my
balance. I've always gotta go and get myself hurt. I sit up from my spot on the ground, holding my head as Bella and Edward pull up. Bella rushes out of the car, carefully picking me up. "What'd you do?" She seethes at Jacob. "He didn't do anything," I promise, hissing when I put pressure on my foot. "There might be something wrong." I huff.

"What are you talking about?" "She thinks she broke something." Edward butts in. "And I'm not going to the hospital," I swear, holding my hands up. I push myself away from my sister and wince, spewing curse words when Jacob covers my mouth with his hand, laughing nervously. Bella has this thing about cursing, she hates to hear it. "She's hurt, I'm not gonna yell at her this time," Bella states, crossing her arms over her chest. "We'll have to wait until Carlisle gets back. She refuses to go to the hospital." Edward sighs as Jacob picks me up bridal style, taking me inside.

Carlisle, Esme, and their friends show up, Carlisle being rushed to me inside. "What do you think is wrong?" I ask as he twists my ankle to its regular angle. Jacob slips his hand over my mouth again as Leah and Renesmee walk in. "Why're you covering her mouth?" The young girl asks. "Because she likes to use grown-up words," Leah says, chuckling. Vampires begin to pile up in the house and I can't walk, so I'm stuck on the couch, watching anxiously as they stare at me. Jacob growls at each one when they stare too long, standing behind me like a bodyguard.

Their red eyes unnerve me. I sit stiffly, my back straight against the couch, Jacob mirrors my position beside me. "Jacob, Elizabeth, don't worry about them, you're safe here." Someone promises, I know the voice. Emmett. I nod, carefully relaxing but Jacob never does. "You should've just gone to the rez." Jacob snaps, glaring at me. "You should've told me when I was going." I snap in return. Our exchange is quiet but I know each of them is listening. Eighteen. We ended with eighteen different vampires. "Jacob, I wanna go." My voice is barely above a whisper but I know they hear.

"I know, baby. C'mere." He sighs, pulling me against him before picking me up, and taking me outside. "Where're you guys going?" Bella asks as Jacob buckles me in the truck. "Bella, I tried, but I can't be around them. They look at me like I'm a meal." I shake my head, looking at my hands. "I get it." She says quietly. "You're welcome any time." She pats my hair softly before nodding at Jacob. "You and Embry better take care of her." She hisses. Jacob nods, smiling at me quickly. "Of course, Bells." They hug softly before she sends us on our way. We pull up to Sam's to have Embry run out.

He sighs, looking at the cast. "When I left I knew you broke it." He says as Jacob picks me up again. "She's not allowed to walk or get it wet," Jacob states as he walks me inside. Sam sighs and Emily gasps. "How?" The alpha asks. "I fell off the porch at the Cullens." I shrug. Emily quickly comes over, carefully taking my hand. "Do you need anything? An ibuprofen, maybe a drink?" I smile at the woman. "I'm okay." Jacob sets me at the table, kissing my forehead. "I'll be back later, okay?" I nod, huffing. "What?" He laughs as I cross my arms over my chest. "Why not stay?" I question.

"Baby, I can't." He kisses my forehead again, starting to walk away when I grab his arm. "Come on, Liz let go." I shake my head, holding tighter. "But I'm hurt, you wanna leave me while I'm hurt?" "Guilt-tripping won't get you anywhere, babe." He laughs, pulling himself away. "I'll be back later." He presses his lips to mine but I wrap my arms around his neck, holding him to me. "Damn it, Elizabeth, I've gotta go." He huffs. I growl, dropping my arms down angrily. "Fine." "I love you, I'll be back later." I nod, looking away from him. "Be that way, but I'll be back." He grumbles.

"I love you," I mutter before he leaves. He ruffles my hair, smiling as he walks out. "Well, that was an experience." Embry laughs, wrapping his arms around my shoulders, leaning down a pressing a kiss on my temple. "Shut up," I mumble, leaning back against him. "You look tired," Emily says as the rest of the boys come in. "I am tired," I state, leaning forward again. She sets a bottle of water down in front of me along with a muffin. "Eat something, then you and Embry can take a nap in the guest room." She smiles as I do. "Thank you, Emily." Her smile widens as she nods.

I turn to the boys. "You guys better be thanking her when she does things like this." I point at them making them raise their hands in defense but Jared's face goes red. "Thank her." I push his leg with my good foot, huffing. Each of the boys thanks her as they bite into their muffins. I smile as Emily's face lights up at the thanks. "See how simple it is to make Emily happy?" I say as I push myself up, starting to help Emily clean, hopping around on one foot. "Well, she figured out how to walk on one foot pretty quick." Embry laughs, staring at me. "Emily needed help and I came here and ate, I need to help."