four -edited-

The following week, I stayed with Jacob during my every moment. I slept in his small twin bed beside him and spent the entire day making sure he was okay and healing correctly after everything that happened. Jacob had explained why it was a bad idea for me to go with him that day and how he had gotten hurt, it took me a while to understand it because he said vampires and my brain wouldn't listen. Eventually, he got it through to me. I also realized during that week that I have never felt better, I didn't get sick like I have been, and didn't have any trouble sleeping at all.

Tonight, I have to go home, knowing Jacob is completely healed and doing entirely well. Right before I start to leave Jacob storms out, grabbing my hand and pulling me with him. "We're leaving." He states angrily, throwing a paper to the ground. "Where are-" He turns to me, grabbing my face and kissing me aggressively. "Okay. We're leaving." I say when he pulls away. It's pouring down rain and we're speed walking to the truck to leave, nothing packed and nowhere to go. "Elizabeth! Jacob!" Billy yells at us as we pull out, tires screeching when they hit the slick road. I smile, looking over at Jacob who grimaces in return.

My smile quickly drops. "Why'd we leave, Jacob?" "She's actually marrying him." I scoff, looking out the window when he sighs, dropping his hand to my thigh. "Because we needed to go away, Elizabeth. We don't have a future here. There are two too many people." I scoot into the middle, holding his hand. "I guess you're right," I mumble, looking up at him. "I love you, Elizabeth, and I only want you." He reassures, squeezing my hand tightly. I smile again, moving closer to him, leaning up to kiss his cheek. "Charlie is not gonna be happy about this." I chuckle, keeping my eyes on Jacob who starts to laugh. "Oh shit."

We both laugh, realizing we might be fucked. I shrug, looking up at him again. "I doubt he'll even notice I'm gone," I mumbled, watching the way Jacob's jaw tightens, his eyes narrowing at the road. "What do you mean?" "I mean he won't notice. He's always been caught up with Bella." He growls, looking over at me. "You mean to tell me he didn't even notice you were gone this past week?" I shake my head, looking out the window and not at the growing angry Jacob. "No." He slams his hand against the wheel causing me to flinch slightly when he looks back at me before pulling over. He drops his hand to the back of my neck, carefully rubbing circles with his thumb.

"C'mere, love." He pulls me into his lap, setting one of my legs on either side of his lap. I wrap my arms around his neck, pressing my lips to his forehead. "I love you, Jacob," I mutter, moving closer to him. He looks up at me, planting kisses all along my neck as he nears my jaw. "I love you, Elizabeth." He states, continuing to pepper kisses along my skin. "You know we have to go to that wedding, right?" I add after a moment of silence as his teeth graze my neck. "I know, not yet though." "Don't leave marks," I state, rolling my eyes when he hums in response, doing exactly as I told him not to.

I carefully move off his lap, sitting beside him again when he sets his hand on the base of my neck, fingers running over where I'm assuming he left the marks. "Gorgeous." He mutters, looking me up and down. "C'mon, Jake. We gotta drive if we're ever gonna get out of Forks." I laugh, leaning against him. One week passed and I got nothing from Charlie. I push the thought from my head as Jacob and I run. We run around a California beach, shoes in hand as we race each other. "I beat you!" He announces proudly, throwing his hands up in the air as I wrap my arms around his waist, laughing. I nod, standing on my toes to kiss him. I smile as he picks me up, wrapping my legs around his waist.

Two weeks. We sit inside an In and Out Burger, shoveling food in our faces after our activities. My shoulders are beet red from the sun and my legs are tan as I drop them into Jacob's lap, looking up at him. We've never been closer, or happier. Leaving Forks was our best idea. He soon picks me up, dropping our trash into the can as he walks out with me. We've been living in the truck but even then, we're happy. I sit in his lap in the truck, the sun shining in and heating the vehicle. "Let's go for a drive," I mutter, messing with his hair. He presses kisses against my sunburnt shoulder before nodding.

Three weeks. We run around a Wal-Mart, foam swords in hand as we chase each other down the aisles until we're kicked out. We sit in the truck laughing about the manager when he couldn't catch us. His face beet red as he growls at us, yelling for us to leave. My phone rings causing us to instantly go silent. 'Charlie' flashes across the screen before I answer, my heart dropping into my stomach. "Hello?" "Elizabeth Swan, you have been gone three weeks, I have given you plenty of time to come home on your own, and yet, you haven't. You need to come home now." Both of our moods drop. "Let me check in with the pack before we leave," Jacob states, he hasn't shifted since we left for fear of them finding us.

Soon enough we're driving back, hands tightly intertwined as we await whatever hell-storm we're about to walk into. We reach home the night of the wedding, meaning dad may leave me alone until Bella and Edward leave. I get dressed nicely and help Jacob button the buttons on his shirt, running my hands down his chest to his stomach. "I don't want to be back, Jacob," I mumble. We've barely spoken a word since we got here. He kisses my head, nodding. "Neither do I, baby. Neither do I." I sigh, looking up at the boy before he kisses me softly. "We're gonna be okay." He mumbles though I'm not sure who's trying to convince more, me or himself.