five -edited-

We walk out of the room, clutching each other's hands tightly as a look of pain crosses my face when I see how happy Bella looks. "We're gonna be okay." He whispers, his arms encircling my waist, planting a kiss above my ear until my dad comes over, clearing his throat angrily. We pull away, our hands still held tightly between us. "I cannot believe you. Either of you." He growls, making me look at my high-heeled feet. Guilt etching onto my features. "I'm sorry," I mutter, feeling bad for leaving my sister before her big day. "I'm not," Jacob states, looking down at me.

My head snaps up and I look at the boy beside me, his hand gripping mine tighter. "What'd you say, boy?" Billy asks, I hadn't realized he came over. "I'm not sorry. These past three weeks with Elizabeth have made me the happiest I've ever been." Jacob's jaw is tight as he stares at me, his eyes are soft but his face is hard, letting them know he means his words. He pulls me closer to him, his face softening as he looks at me. "I've never been closer to Elizabeth, and for once, I forgot my stupid, stupid little crush on Bella."

My lips curl into a smile, knowing I'm the reason Jacob forgot my sister. Knowing I'm the reason he's moved on. "Jacob." His father scolds, his brows furrowing. "Dad. You saw the pictures, you know how happy I was until Charlie made us come back." "You're back because Elizabeth's sister is getting married." I roll my eyes. "To a leech," I mutter, knowing exactly what Edward and his family are. "Excuse you, young lady." Dad snaps, pulling me away from Jacob. "You're to have no contact with Jacob until further notice." He snarls, glaring at me. "But dad-" "No buts. You two are done."

Billy sighs, knowing he has to go along with dad. "Same goes for you, Jake. No further contact." My eyes well up with tears as I nod, knowing I can't change his mind. "I love you, Jake." I rip myself from my dad, hugging Jacob tightly, knowing it's the last hug for a while. I'll be under constant watch while Bella's away. Jacob holds me tighter. "We'll be okay." He mutters, pulling my chin up and kissing me before dad yanks me away again. "Enough." My face drops as does my heart as dad pulls me to my seat. The entire wedding drags on as I search for Jacob, coming up short every time.

Seth meets me at the snack table afterward. "Hey! You're back! Where's Jake?" His happy voice makes my eyes well up with tears again and he quickly wraps me in a hug, shushing me while apologizing. "I didn't mean- I thought- I'm so sorry." I carefully pull back after a moment, sniffling and wiping my face. "No, I'm sorry. Dad, um, dad's not letting me see Jacob anymore." "But the imprinting." He says. I shrug, nodding. "What did Billy say?" He asks. "Billy said no further contact either." I sniffle again. "But he- He knows about the imprinting. The way it could affect both of you." He says quickly before his eyes dart behind me.

He points behind me to make me see Bella and Jacob dancing together, the latter quickly getting angry, and only angrier when he looks at me before storming off into the woods when Edward speeds over to them. Right before I open my mouth the pixie one, Alice, I think, comes over to me. "I'm Alice! You must be Elizabeth!" I nod, looking down at my shoes. "Your makeup is all smeared, come with me." She offers me a hand, waiting patiently for me to take it. I carefully do so, flinching away from her cold skin for a moment before following her. "Can I ask why you look like you've been crying?" Her voice is soft as she asks.

"It's stupid," I mutter. It doesn't feel stupid though. "I don't believe that." She states quietly as she fixes my makeup. "My dad won't let me see my boyfriend anymore. We, uh, we ran away together." I smile slightly at the memories but my eyes well up with tears again. She quickly pulls out a handkerchief, dabbing beneath my eyes. "Why'd you run away?" "Because we knew we had no future here," I mumble, her cold fingers running across my skin. "Well, that makes sense." She smiles.

I nod as she stands me up, walking me outside. We walk out just as Edward and Bella are starting to leave. Bella grabs my shoulders, hugging me tightly. "I'll talk to dad about Jake." She whispers before letting go. I sigh a breath of relief, watching her leave, knowing I should've forgiven her for everything with Jake. It wasn't entirely her fault. Later that night I lie in bed, scrolling through the pictures on my phone of me and Jacob when something clicks against my window. Click. It happens again so I stand, walking to it and looking down to see Jacob. 'Open the window.' He mouths then motions for me to move back.

I throw the window open and step back. Within seconds he's in and has his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. My arms wrap around his neck, holding him to me, our bodies flush against each other. After a moment he pulls back slightly, continuing to hold me. "You really think I'd let Charlie keep us apart?" He mumbles against my lips, his eyes half-lidded as he takes a deep breath. I pull him closer, smashing my lips onto his until there's a knock on my door. "Elizabeth?" It's dad. "Hold on, I'm changing." Jacob dives headfirst out the window, landing down by the tree.

I pull my hair up, fixing my shirt as I open the door. "I wanted to apologize for the way I acted earlier," Dad states, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's just," He sighs, sitting on my bed. "You're just a kid, Liz. You don't understand love-" "Dad, I know you don't believe me but I'm in love with Jake. How old were you and mom when you found out you loved each other?" I challenge, crossing my arms over my chest. "Around your age." He mutters, running his hands down his face. I smirk, dropping my hands to my hips. "Exactly." "You can see Jake. Only when one of us is with you. Either me or Billy." I smile, hugging him before he leaves.

Soon enough Jacob is back in my room after knocking on the door downstairs, 'begging' to see me. We lie beside each other in my bed, my legs are thrown over his, my head on his chest. "I love you, Jake," I mutter, playing with his fingers. "I know." I shove his shoulder, laughing as his arms wrap around me. "I love you too, 'Lizabeth." The rest of the night we stay up as late as we can, watching movies until I fall asleep, curled up against him, his arms around me tightly as if I'd disappear if he let go.