eleven -edited-

We all wait around impatiently, our legs bouncing as Emily and I hold each other's hands tightly. "I'm nervous. What if something goes wrong?" I ask, chewing on my nails. "Don't think that way. They're gonna come back. They're all gonna come back." Emily says but I can hear the doubt in her voice. "They're gonna," Kim confirms. "To distract you, let's talk about your upcoming wedding," Rachel says. "You're not even fond of the idea." I fire at her. "I am, I'm glad Jake finally gave up on Bella, I'm glad he's moved on. I'm glad he has you." "You make him a better person, Liz."

Emily smiles at me, squeezing my hand. I sigh. "I'm sorry for being rude," I state, looking at Rachel. "I really should be nice considering I'm gonna be your sister-in-law." The girl perks up. "I didn't even think about that!" She pulls me into a hug, smiling. I laugh, carefully hugging her back. Hours later there's a knock on the door. "I got it," Emily says, standing. "We got it." I correct, standing with her. We all stand, walking to the door holding hands. She opens the door to the boys who each quickly move to their respective imprints. Jacob grabs my face, planting his lips on mine.

"You better get a dress ready." He says when he pulls back. I laugh, pushing his shoulder. He pulls my face toward his again, kissing me roughly. "I told you I'd be back." His voice is husky as he pulls me into a tight hug. "I was so worried," I state. "You had nothing to worry about, Liz." He holds me tighter. Soon enough we all sat in the living room, listening to the boys as they tell the story, I felt better knowing it didn't come down to a fight. Jacob pulls me from my thoughts, carefully shaking my shoulder. "You okay?" "I'm just glad this is all over. We're safe, Jacob. We're finally safe."

The following day, Jacob and I go to tell the Cullens about the engagement. They had mixed emotions about me being only seventeen but all relaxed when they realized that Jacob and I were in for the endgame. It wasn't just about dating anymore, it wasn't about fighting each other over stupid things, it was about sticking it out no matter what happened. Jacob pulls me into his lap, kissing my face over and over. "You're an idiot." I laugh, pushing him away. "I know." He smiles, kissing me. We're sitting on the couch when Nessie and Leah come in. "Hey, Jake thought about you, let me see the ring."

I smile, lifting my hand. "It's gorgeous. When's it happening?" "Jacob and I joked about it being today but it won't happen for a while," I state. "I get to plan a wedding?" Alice asks as she rushes in. "Possibly," Jacob says. I smile at the boy, kissing his cheek. "Are you excited about telling my dad?" Jacob asks, a smirk on his face. "Are you excited about telling my mom?" I ask in return. His face pales and he tries to play it off by shrugging. "Sure." I laugh, ruffling his hair. "We can wait if you want." "I'm sure Charlie already told her." He reasons. "So we have to?" "If it helps we can tell her
before dad so dad can lift our moods."

I smile, looking down at him, and wrapping my arms around his neck as Bella walks in. "Alright, let me see the ring." She smiles, reaching her hands out to grab mine. I hold my hand out and her smile widens. "It's beautiful." "It took forever to save up for." Jacob states. "I didn't need an expensive ring," I say. "I wish I would've known that sooner." He jokes, poking my side. I laugh, pushing his shoulder. "I can't believe my baby sister is engaged." Bella laughs, setting her hands on her hips. "You better take care of her, Jake." "Of course." He says making me smile wider.

"Plus, I'm almost eighteen, just a few more months." I shrug. "Yeah, ten," Bella says. "Let's go, we still gotta call my mom." "Where are you headed?" She asks. "Out to the truck before heading to dad's." Jacob answers. I nod, standing, pulling Jacob with me. "Have fun telling mom." Bella teases. "She still doesn't believe you've been with the same guy for over a year." "Oh well." Jacob and I walk out, sitting in the truck as I call mom. "Elizabeth, this is a surprise." "Yeah, it's just," I pause, looking at Jacob for support, he takes my hand. "Jacob and I have something to tell you."

"Is this the engagement thing I heard about from Charlie?" She asks. I nod despite knowing she can't see me. "Yeah." "You're only seventeen." She scoffs. "Bella was only eighteen." I counter. "With all due respect I've been planning on marrying Elizabeth since we started seeing each other," Jacob says, looking over at me. "She's only seventeen," Mom says again. "Thanks for the support, mom," I mutter. "You're only seventeen! Phil, can you believe this? She thinks her high school relationship is gonna last." She scoffs again. "We've gotta go," I state.

"Tell Bella I love her. And tell that boy you're only seventeen. It's not gonna work out, Liz." "Don't Liz me, mom. You and Phil were together for a year before getting married. Jacob and I haven't even set a date yet, we're simply engaged. Jesus, mom." I growl, hanging up. Jacob sighs, dropping his hand to the back of my neck, and carefully rubbing circles with his thumb. "I'm sorry, baby." "I knew it was gonna end like that. It always will." My phone buzzes, and mom flashes across the screen. "You gonna get it?" He asks. "No way." He laughs, pulling me in to kiss my forehead. "Let's go tell dad."

I smile as we pull into Billy's. I jump out, bouncing over to Jacob's side as I take his hand. "I'm sure dad'll be happy." He says. "And if he's not?" "Then I marry you anyway." He kisses me quickly before pulling me inside. "Hey, dad." Jacob smiles at his father who smiles in return, nodding toward me. "What's got you two over here?" He asks. Jacob takes a quick breath, sticking my hand out for him to see. "Way to throw me under the bus, Jacob." I laugh as Billy moves forward to take my hand. "You're sure this is what you want, Jake?" "Never been more sure of anything in my life."

a/n: this story means absolutely everything to me, thank you all so much for interacting and reading even after i stopped writing so many times. you guys are amazing for getting this story so many reads <33 stay safe out there and i hope you enjoyed