two -edited-

That night, Embry took me to the fire they have every year on the reservation to explain the story of their ancestors. He sits beside me, one arm around my waist and his other hand propping him up. I lean against him, my head on his shoulder. Just when I get comfortable, Jake and Bella walk up. My eyes immediately drop to the fire in front of me. "I shouldn't have come," I state, going to stand when Embry grabs my wrist. "You're part of this. You're an imprint, Elizabeth." "Not according to Jacob, I'm not." I shake my head, sighing. "Well, if he won't accept it, I will." He mumbles, dipping his head down to be level with mine.

Just before his lips press to mine, Billy starts to talk. "The Quileutes have been a small tribe from the beginning but we have always had magic in our blood. We were great spirit warriors, shape-shifters that transformed to the powerful wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect our tribe. One day, our warriors came across a creature. It looked like a man, but it was hard like stone and cold as ice." My brows furrow, not remembering Embry telling me any of this. I don't think I've heard this yet. "Our warriors' sharp teeth finally tore it apart, but only fire would completely destroy it."

Bella's face holds recognition as if she's heard of this 'creature' before. Jacob just stares at me, so I curl closer to Embry, setting my head on his shoulder. The rest of the night is a blur to me, as I couldn't focus on anything but Jacob's piercing brown eyes staring into me. Once the meeting finishes, Embry pulls me up carefully. "Come on." He whispers, leading me away until Jacob comes over. "What, not gonna talk to your own boyfriend?" He jokes, grabbing my wrist. "We're done, Jacob." I go to pull my arm away when he scowls, holding me tighter. "Come on, Elizabeth. Talk to me." "Enough, Jake." Embry steps between us, pushing Jacob back.

"What the fuck, dude." He pushes Embry in return, it starts an all-out fight between the two. "Sam!" I know better than to step between them. Soon enough Sam comes over with Paul, pushing the two apart, he holds Embry back and Paul holds Jacob. "I wanna know what's going on, now." Sam orders, glaring at Jacob. "Embry won't stay off my girlfriend. My imprint." "Don't start that shit. You're so caught up with Bella that you ignored that you imprinted on her little sister!" Embry snarls, breaking free from Sam's grip. "I'm taking her home." "No. You're gonna stay away from her, Call." Jacob snaps, pushing Paul off him. This time, I step in the middle, pushing Jacob back, and keeping my hands on his chest. "Enough."

"Embry, take me home," I mumble, ignoring the electricity surging through my skin when I touch Jacob. The next day, Bella and Jacob are together again, so I spend the day with Embry until Bella gets home, her hand wrapped loosely in something. "What's going on?" Dad asks as I stand beside Jacob whose eyes look guilty when he looks at me before he answers. "I kissed Bella." My eyes immediately well up with tears. I push him, watching him stumble at the sudden contact. I push him again and again as I talk. "You said you were over her! You promised, Jacob!" He grabs my waist to steady himself, pulling me to him.

I slap his chest, continuing to do so as I cry until I can't anymore. Soon enough it's just broken sobs and weak hits before someone pulls me away. "Come on, kid," Dad mumbles, glaring at Jacob as he pulls me inside. "You fucked up, Jake," Bella states, also glaring at the boy. Embry comes out, holding me to his chest as he walks us to his truck. "I'm gonna take her for a drive, Chief Swan. She needs to calm down." Dad nods at him, motioning for us to go but not before telling us to be careful. Embry drives for about an hour, a word never spoken as tears silently stream down my face.

Bella's graduation party is tonight, and instead of going as he planned, Embry decided to stay with me. She went to the Cullens for it. I was gonna go until Embry said Jacob planned on going. "What're you thinking about?" Embry asks, his fingers twirling my hair around. "Jacob," I answer truthfully. "Don't worry about him. He'll come around. Until then, you've got me." He smiles, pulling me into his lap. I lean down and without thinking I press my lips to his. He immediately straightens up, tightening his hands on my hips and pulling me closer. After a moment we both pull back for air. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." I laugh, looking down at him with a smile, finally feeling okay.

The next day my phone starts going crazy after Embry has to deal with whatever 'cold one' business he has to deal with. I realize it's Jacob's ringtone and then the house phone rings. I walk to the kitchen, pulling the receiver off the wall. "Hello?" "Elizabeth, he knows," Embry states quickly through the phone. "What?" "He knows we kissed." "Oh, God." The door slams open just as I start to hang up. "Of all people, him?" Jacob snarls from behind me causing me to jump. "I don't know what you're talking about," I mumble, shaking my head. "Bullshit." I keep my back to him. "Look at me." He snaps, glaring at me as I slowly turn around. He walks to me, pressing me against the wall.

"It doesn't matter what happens, you're my imprint. My Elizabeth." He snarls, grabbing my jaw. "I might've made a few mistakes but that doesn't mean you get to do the same." "We broke up, Jacob. You can't control me." I snap, going to push him away but his grip tightens. "The hell I can't." He barks, glaring through me. He leans down, his face inches from mine before he attacks my lips with his own. The kiss is aggressive until it isn't, it slowly turns softer, more loving. My heart swells in my chest at the contact before he pulls back. "You can't just leave me. We'll get through this. I love you, Elizabeth." He whispers. I pull him down to my height, carefully kissing him again as he sighs, holding me tightly to him.