ten/part three - one -edited-

I stand on the opposite side of the room with Edward and Jacob when Bella's handed her cup, it slips from her hand and as she leans down to grab it we can all hear her spine break. My eyes well up with tears at the sound and Edward rushing to get to her. Jacob immediately pulls me away from the scene, knowing I wouldn't be able to handle it, he sets me outside with Seth before going back in as I listen to the screams of my sister inside. My tears only stream faster when Jake comes out after what felt like forever, shaking his head.

Jacob pulls me to his chest as we both cry. Each of our cries turns into sobs until he sits me on the stairs, watching me for a moment as I curl in on myself, tears still streaming down my face. He shakes his head, storming inside with Leah following behind. Seth sits beside me, pulling me into his side, letting me fist my hands in his clothing as I sob. Soon enough, Jacob comes out but Leah doesn't. He scoffs slightly as a small teary smile works its way onto his face. I hear pounding footsteps as the rest of the Cullens minus Rosalie come outside.

Wolves stand at the edge of the forest as Seth pulls me to my feet, pushing me behind him. Esme, Carlisle, and Emmett come back just as a fight breaks out between the Cullens and the wolves. Seth keeps me behind him, not letting me see much of the fight in front of us. Soon enough Leah comes back out. "Stop! It's over!" Her voice calls out. "If you kill her, you kill me!" She states, moving in front of Sam when he steps forward. She shifts when Sam steps forward again, squaring up at the wolf that used to be her alpha.

"Leah imprinted," Edward informs. "They can't hurt her. Whoever a wolf imprints on can't be harmed. It's their most absolute law." The wolves slowly retreat, not willingly but knowing they have to. Leah turns and looks at Edward who nods. The following day, I help Alice and Rosalie clean Bella, dressing her and making her look alive again despite the fact that she lays still on the table. As the days continue we watch her wounds close and her hair thicken and return to its shiny chocolate brown. She ever so slowly returns to a healthy weight as well. She's gorgeous.

Jacob stands at my side in the doorway when he and Edward both stiffen up. Edward stiffens in joy, excitement almost. Jacob stiffens in anxiety. Her eyes open and suddenly Jacob pulls me back, taking me away from the room. "We'll go back later. Let's go see Leah and Renesmee." He smiles, guiding me to the girls. Leah holds Renesmee as softly as she can, a smile on her lips. She stopped minding being around the Cullens when she imprinted. While she wasn't fond of the imprint at first, she's grown to love the child, holding her any time she can.

Jacob sets me over with Leah, keeping me behind everyone so Bella can't get to me when she comes inside. He walks outside after about an hour, telling me he was going to check on Bella when they came back. I nod, anxiously waiting, knowing I could be in danger if Bella can't control herself. Soon enough Jacob comes back in, Bella and Edward following behind. I bounce on my heels, trying to hide myself behind everyone. Jacob slowly pulls me forward, keeping himself in front of me. "Bella, we're gonna let you see Elizabeth, okay?" Edward talks slowly as if trying to make her understand something complicated.

I wrap both of my hands around Jacob's, attempting to calm my nerves. Bella nods and Jacob steps out of the way. She takes a deep breath before recoiling. "She stinks." Jacob lets out a breath of relief, pushing me behind him again. "She's spent long enough with the wolves that she just smells like one," Edward says with a small laugh. I stand beside Jacob, pressing myself to him as he wraps his arms around my waist. Now, for the moment of truth, Leah telling Bella about the imprint.

It doesn't go well. She grabs the back of Leah's neck, dragging her out of the house. "You imprinted on my daughter?" "It wasn't my choice." She defends quickly, standing up straight. "She's a baby!" "It's not like that. You think Edward would let me live if it was?" Edward butts in with a small smile. "I'm still debating it." Bella slowly walks down the steps toward the girl. "I've held her once! One time, Leah! And already you think you have some moronic wolfy claim on her? She's mine!" She shoves her causing Jacob to tighten his hold on me, stopping me from stepping in front of Leah.

Emmett and Edward find enjoyment in this, Alice, Jasper, Carlisle, Esme, Jacob, and I, just stand and watch, knowing we can't stop her. Soon enough Seth, in his wolf form comes over, wanting to protect Leah. "It's fine, Seth." "You're gonna stay away from her." Bella states as Leah shakes her head. "You know I can't do that. Look at Elizabeth and Jacob, they literally can't be apart." She pushes her again, harder this time, sending her flying back. "Stop her, Edward," Esme says, hoping her son would stop his wife. "She said it's fine." Edward defends before saying, "She's amazing, right?" "All I want is for Nessie to be happy!" Leah says, stepping back but standing up straighter.

"Nessie?" Bella questions with a growl. "You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness monster?" This time, Seth jumps in the way, being shoved instead of Leah. He whimpers as he hits the ground. "Seth, I'm sorry." Bella's entire demeanor changed as I run out, setting the wolf's head on my thighs. "We told you to stop her, Edward." I snap, glaring at the man. "I didn't think she'd hurt anyone." He defends. "Well, she did," I growl, Seth stands and bumps my shoulder with his snout. "He's fine, see?" Edward motions to the wolf who bumps me again as Jacob comes over, lifting me off the ground.

Hours later Jacob and I had fallen asleep on the couch, I woke up to the Cullens laughing outside, watching Rosalie come over to my sister, rubbing her hands together happily. "My turn." She smiles, carefully taking Nessie. I curl into Jacob, his arms wrapping around me to keep me from falling off the couch as we sleep. I know tonight they were planning on showing Bella and Edward their new home, the home they get to themselves for privacy, and Nessie.