three -edited-

Embry grabs my hips as we walk, pulling me to his chest. "I missed you." He whispers, kissing my head as I wrap my arms around his waist. "I missed you too, Em," I mumble, leaning into him more as he leans against a tree to keep us up. "Jacob had Emmett take the battery out of my car when he heard I was coming over here." I laugh slightly, realizing how bad it was that he did it. "That's not funny." He says, looking down at me. "I know," I mumble, looking at the ground. After a while of talking, I realize all of the wrong Jacob's done that I've just forgiven. "God, and he's just gotten away with it all."

"You couldn't help it, the imprint makes you overlook things," Embry states as we stand to walk back to the house. I huff, crossing my arms over my chest. "That doesn't make it okay, Em." "I know, talk to him, E. Maybe he'll realize and stop." He says as we walk into the house, Sam immediately perks up. "Jacob talk?" I nod, sitting at the table. "What about Jacob?" Emily asks setting muffins on the table. "He gets away with everything," I growl, keeping my arms crossed over my chest. "What do you mean?" She asks. "I let him get away with everything. Like, getting angry when I kissed Embry."

"I would be angry if I was Jake," Sam says. "It was while we were broke up." I huff. "And he took the battery out of my car when he heard I was coming over here." Emily winces, sighing. "You need to talk to him." She hums. "I'll see you guys around," I mumble, kissing Embry's cheek before leaving. Instead of going to the Cullens, I go home, knowing Jake will come soon enough. After about an hour, Jacob shows up, walking into my room. "Alright, what's going on?" "I let you get away with too much, Jake." I cross my arms over my chest, glaring at him. "What are you talking about, Liz?"

"You kissed Bella, twice! And I let you get away with it. You got angry with me when I kissed Embry, didn't let me around Embry, and took the battery out of my car." I hiss, standing. "Elizabeth, I-" "There's no excuse, Jacob." I push him out, slamming the door in his face. "We're taking a break," I say quietly, knowing he can hear me. "Lizabeth." I hear him whisper. "Come on, Liz, don't do this to me." "I'm sorry, Jacob." My back slides down the door as tears threaten to spill over my lashes. I know I'm the one who broke it off but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

-Jacob's pov, right before the break up-

I sit at the Cullens, knowing Elizabeth should be back by now. "Hey, I'll be back later, I need to make sure Elizabeth is okay." I walk out, dialing her number, when she doesn't answer I rush over to Charlie's. He lets me in when I say Elizabeth wasn't answering the phone. I walk into her room, scanning her over quickly. "Alright, what's going on?" "I let you get away with too much, Jake." She crosses her arms over her chest, glaring at me. Immediately my heart drops, knowing where this is going. "What are you talking about, Liz?" Her eyes narrow harshly again.

"You kissed Bella, twice! And I let you get away with it. You got angry with me when I kissed Embry, didn't let me around Embry, and took the battery out of my car." She hisses, standing. "Elizabeth, I-" "There's no excuse, Jacob." She shoves me out, slamming the door in my face. "We're taking a break." Her voice is soft, regretful almost but strong enough to let me know she's serious. She's serious. "Lizabeth," I whisper, tapping on the door. "Come on, Liz, don't do this to me." "I'm sorry, Jacob." I wait for a moment, standing still, I'm not leaving, not until she comes out. "Liz." No answer.

"Elizabeth." I hit the door, slightly getting angry. "Baby, don't do this to me." Charlie walks up the stairs, pointing at the door. "She broke up with me," I mumble, looking at the floor, my hands still flat on the door. "She what?" "She broke up with me, Charlie." He sighs, setting his hand on my shoulder. "She'll come around, just give her time." I step back, glaring at the door, knowing it's keeping me from holding her to me. I turn to handle, going to push it open when she pushes back. "Give her time." He repeats, sending me downstairs and outside.

"I can't, Charlie. I was gonna," I pause, setting my hand against the box in my pocket. "I was gonna propose soon." "Oh." I huff, getting in my truck. "Tell her I love her." I take off straight to the rez so I can talk to my dad. When I pull up I walk in, slamming the door behind me as the anger finally sets in. "Jake? Jacob, what's going on?" "She broke up with me, dad. She went to see Embry and never came back to the Cullens." I growl, glaring at the wall. "Oh, Jake." He sympathizes but the pity just makes it worse. "I'm gonna kill Embry Call."