Chapter 7

(tw: mentioning self-harm)
•••

The tension in the room felt heavy. The memory flashed in front of their eyes, as if it had happened yesterday.

"Let me help you, please!" Harry whispered, trying not to wake up his mom, but still convince the other.

His voice sounded desperate and it just made Louis feel worse.

"I don't want you to save me."

After the words left his mouth, tears started to form in Harry's eyes. Where the hell was Gemma? She should of been there, she would of known what to do.

"I- I know I'm not as good as Gems, but p-please let me help y- "

Louis' bittersweet laughter interrupted him, as he shook his head. He couldn't look at the younger boy, he was busy gazing at the dark blood, slowly flowing down on his arm. It wasn't a serious wound, but definitely could cause trouble, if nobody took care of it.

"What?" Harry whispered, but felt like the voice belonged to somebody else.

Louis stopped laughing and finally looked in those worried green pair of eyes.

"You're not the problem. You're always so nice to me," He let a sad smile appear on his face. "I know how you feel about me."

Harry gasped and his stomach shrank. In another situation with different circumstances, he would of been embarrassed, but now the only thing what mattered was the wound. He took another attempt to grab his arm, instead of reacting to the words.

This time Louis let him.

Harry sighed in relief and quickly started to wipe down the blood, while sniffing as subtly as he could.

"Then why would you do this?" his voice was so quiet and shaky, Louis almost didn't hear him.

"Cause I learned that every emotion is worthless. You fell for the wrong person, Haz."

"You're drunk, you don't know what you're saying."

Louis laughed again, but it was still hard to gulp at the moment. "I didn't need to drink to realise that I'm a curse."

Harry took the bottle of antiseptic and tried to clean the skin as gently as he could, while answering.

"No. You're a blessing, just surrounded by the wrong people."

"Stop being so fucking nice."

"Stop being so stubborn!" Harry snapped, but immediately lowered his voice. He shouldn't wake up his mom, it would be impossible to explain the situation.

"...Just let me help you." he added and although it was dark in the room, he still saw the other rolling his eyes.

"Do you think a bandage will solve evertyhing?"

Harry was so worried and the question didn't help at all. He tried to stop the bleeding and hold back the increasing panic attack, while Gemma still hasn't shown up yet.

"I don't know what am I supposed to do, okay? " he finally blurted out, tears streaming down his face. "But I can't lose you, even if you don't feel the same."

Suddenly Louis lifted up Harry's chin with his right hand and his thumb stroked the wet skin.

"Why can't you just give up on me, like everyone else? You could do whatever you want to, instead of wasting your time on me." Louis spoke softly.