Chapter 26

*7 years later*

KAGEYAMA'S POV:

I slammed my car door and walked up to the front of the house, the windows of the second story reflecting the sun's rays onto the pathway leading up to the porch. I fumbled my hand in my pant's pocket looking for the keys, my arms filled with grocery bags. Finally, I pulled them out and inserted the house key into the lock of the oak front door. It was a relatively big house, it's white exterior making it look even bigger. Shoving the door open, I waddled over to the kitchen, placing the bags on top of the marble island in the center. I inspected the dark living room I had walked through to get here, mostly clean other than the leftover Chinese food on the wooden table in front of the couch. I sighed and chuckled.

What a pig.

I turned on the light and walked over to clean up the leftovers, letting my mind travel as it had nothing better to do.

I softly sat down on the dark blue couch in front of me, turning on the tv and slowly closing my eyes. This was the first time in a while that I had gotten the chance to relax, with professional volleyball being my job and all. Constant practices, constant traveling, and constantly  leaving... him. I opened my eyes and checked the time.

It would be another hour before he came home.

I rested my head back on the couch and drifted off into a peaceful nap, my slumber being interrupted by a knock on the door. I sat up, curious to who it was. He wouldn't be home till another hour, so I was completely oblivious as to who was at the door.

Plus, he wouldn't knock.

I slowly stood up and walked over to the door, my uneasiness rising. Another knock echoed through the house, this one a bit more impatient.

"Coming," I voiced as I reached the silver handle. I opened the door to find a slim, Japanese man, possibly in his late 50s, standing at the entryway. I looked at him with confusion, my body blocking the inside of the house.

"I'm sorry but I'm not interested," I spoke as I began to shut the door.

"Wait!" The man spoke. "I'm not here to sell anything. Um, do you know who I am?" He looked at me, his eyes meeting mine. We had the same eyes, shape and color.

"I don't I'm sorry," I truthfully replied. He stood silently as I began to close the door once again.

"Tobio-" his voice trailed off once he spoke. I froze. It wasn't weird that he knew my name, a lot of people did. My name was sold on the back of jerseys found in sports shops and displayed on tv every week. While volleyball wasn't the most popular sport, I grew a name for myself in it. I would have at least one person recognize me as I walked down the backstreets of Tokyo, more if I walked the main roads. Yet, the way this stranger standing in front of me said it truly felt like he knew me.

His face kind of looks like mine.

That's when it hit me. I stared at him, a look of shock on my face. He must have picked up my realization, for his next words were,

"I named my son Tobio a long time ago."

~~~~~

I continued to not say anything, in shock. I couldn't force myself to utter a word, a lump in my throat as I allowed the man to speak first again.