Chapter 9

HINATA'S POV:

*beep*

*beep*

I heard a groan and movement from under me as the setter reached over to turn his phone alarm off. I slowly opened my eyes, but at the sight of a continuation of darkness I closed them again and buried my head deeper into whatever I was laying on. Once again I felt a hand in my hair, moving around and messing up it's already bed-head complexion even more. The movements were slow and sleepy as it gently weaved its long fingers in and out. I never noticed how big his hands were until I was feeling them on me. The strength behind them was irritatingly at least twice as much as mine. I was briefly annoyed at this due to my competitive trait, however the cozyness and comfort being projected from the action overcame my previous emotion and moments later I was back asleep.

KAGEYAMA'S POV:

I heard my phone go off. I reached over to grab it, but an unfamiliar amount of weight on my stomach surprised me. I lifted the covers up. Hinata was laying on me, his head under my shirt and his arms wrapped around me. I looked at the time: 3:00. We had fifteen minutes to lay in bed and then fifteen minutes to get to the front of the school. I lifted my shirt up so I could see his face. His mouth was open and his eyes were shut.

Cute.

I let my left hand wander in his hair as I scrolled through my phone with my right. After fifteen minutes the time had come to get up and go.

"Hinata," I whispered.

Silence.

"Hinata, we got to go."

Silence.

"Shouyou, get up dumbass."

The smaller boy began to move. Unnaware that my shirt was around his head he attempted at pulling it off him.

"Stop that my shirts gonna rip-" as I spoke his head shot out from my shirt hole. Our faces were millimeters apart, his lips were millimeters away. The ginger laughed and rested his forehead on mine.

"Oops sorry Kageyama I don't know how this happened." He retracted his head and sat up in my bed. The shirt he was wearing, my shirt, draped over his shoulder due to its size. He gave me a small smile and began to get his stuff together.

We headed over to the school, walking through the streets at 3:40 AM with our pajamas still on and bags across our backs. As soon as we arrived we were told by Daichi to pick a spot on the bus and go back to sleep. I picked a row near the back and Hinata did the same. Setting my stuff down on the floor in front of me and getting my headphones out, I rested my hood-covered head on the bus wall. Me and Hinata were across from each other on opposite sides of the bus. As I watched him fix his music I noticed something:

He was wearing my hoodie. He had put my hoodie over my shirt. I sighed and a wave of frustration came over me. A tightness in my stomach appeared and I felt anxious. Trying to ignore the feeling, I turned my volume up and pressed half my face onto the cold window. I wanted nothing more than to go over and hold the middle blocker, to be acknowledged by him. But I knew better.

Don't get attached Tobio.

~~~~~

I woke up to the smell of gas and the jerky movements of the bus rear. My eyes squinted open and blinked several times due to the light from the early morning sunrise illuminating the previously dark area. I sat up and stretched, looking above the seat in front of me as I did so. Everyone seemed to be awake and sitting up with the exception of Nishinoya and Tanaka. I looked to my left. The orange haired boy was sitting up straight and playing on his phone. He looked over at me noticing my stare and smiled. I gave a weak smile back. The bus slowed and turned into a parking lot. I looked out my window and saw our hotel we were going to be staying in for the next few nights. It stood tall with the morning sun covering the top half and shadows covering the bottom.