Chapter 6

KAGEYAMAS POV

"BAHAHA AWE LOOK AT THE NEWLY WEDS!" Tanaka's voice cackled.

I tried to open my eyes but they immediately shut again. I yawned and cuddled into Hinata, hugging him closer to me.

"I'm actually hurt I wasn't invited to the ceremony."

"Say again?" I said through a yawn and opened my eyes, not sure of what Tsukishima just said. My eyes adjusted to the light shinning in through the windows of the bus. The whole team was gathered around, phones out and snickering.

"Oh nothing, did you sleep well?" The salty-ass French fry questioned.

What is he...

Oh.

A moment of realization hit me and I flung Hinata off of me, the ginger rolling onto the ground with a small yelp leaving his mouth.

"We were freezing! And we had to share a blanket! And... um... maximum comfort was crucial for a productive nap! Hinata! Get off of the floor dumbass!" I panicked and continued to mutter excuses.

"What the heck Kageyama? I was so cozy- hey why is everyone staring at me?"

"Oh nothing..." Tanaka snickered.

"Okay, now that the rain has stopped let's head up to the shop on the road and get some food!" There was no objection to Suga's statement.

We packed everything up, grabbed our backpacks and floats from the waterfall, and headed back up the trail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

HINATA'S POV

What was this side of Kageyama? First he opened up to me and shared some of his life with me, and then he actually got concerned about my coldness? Why does he care? Also, why was I getting so aroused at the waterfall? When I would pull his hair his hands moved farther up my, well actually his, swim trunks. And I was ok with it? Not only was I ok with it, I initiated it by pulling his hair harder! And then, he shared the bus seat with me, no, he shared the blanket with me. He shared his sleep, his body heat,

His heartbeat with me.

God all I wanted was to be close to him right now. I feel nervous in my stomach and I can feel my face going red. His bare skin on mine, laying there. We were so close, I wonder if our dreams intertwined. I've never felt like this before, I've never wanted to feel this before. This is what I was missing? An overwhelming sadness that I'm not touching the setter, a rush of adrenaline when I'm near him, these are all side effects of something. Something I'm not admitting to feeling for Tobio Kageyama.

As I continued to think, we reached the shop at the street. My hands grabbed the door handle and yanked it open. An immediate breeze of cold air hit my body, chilling it once again. I stepped inside, my bare feet numbing themselves on the cold tiles covering the store. My eyes adjusted to the light and my arms wrapped around myself as I began to shiver.

"Hinata, do you want your shirt from my bag?" I heard a low voice from behind me. The setter avoided eye contact, and began rustling in his backpack.

"It's still wet, I left it outside when it rained and it hasn't dried yet."

"Dumbass. Do you want my hoodie?"

I jumped at the idea. " yes please!"

He sighed and pulled his Kurasuno number 9 hoodie out of his bag and handed it to me. I eagerly yanked it out of his hands and slid it over my bare upper body.

KAGEYAMA'S POV:

Holy fuck.

I stared at Hinata wearing my hoodie. I observed its size compared to his. He's so... small. He put the hood on over his head and smiled at the fact that it covered his eyes.

"Look Kags it's so big I can't even put the hood up without blinding my self."

I stood there, inaudible.

"It smells like you." He said as he held it up to his nose and took a deep inhale, closing his eyes and drowning in the fabric.

Did he know what he was doing?! Did he know how he was making me feel? He has to be being this cute on purpose. First him pulling my hair at the waterfall, then him cuddling into me on the bus, now this?! It seemed like this was the most confused I'd ever been, and that's saying something. How do I respond to him?

"Dumbass."

Fuck I didn't mean to say an insult, oh well.

I walked down an empty isle, grabbing a pre-made sandwich and a box of milk. I miss the days when my mother made me lunch. It was only a brief period of time, but man were they good lunches. Before she began leaving for periods of time, I would get a home cooked meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I was pretty sure that she had lost the talent of cooking completely, for her last attempt at toast ended with an empty fire extinguisher. During that period was the closest she had ever been to showing love to me, to showing motherly affection. While sometimes I wish I could have experienced this love, here I am with no wanting of an emotional attachment from anyone thanks to her. It made me stronger, independent. Yet, the entire day had been me craving attention from Hinata. That doesn't sound independent.

Pathetic.

Once we were all outside sitting on the curb eating, Suga stood up and silenced our side conversations.

"Ok everyone, even though it didn't turn out as expected, today was a great team bonding day! Our next day will be in two weeks, we are going to, drumroll please..." we all hit our hands on our legs much to Suga's amusement.

"Tokyo!"

A wave of shock flowed through the team. "Are you serious?" Asahi asked.

"Yup! And all traveling and staying fees are taken care of by the team funds! Of course this means there will be shortcuts in luxury AND that anything you want to do individually will not be paid for."

"Are we going to see Nekoma?!" The ginger chirped.

"Yes! Takeda Sensei also arranged a practice match for us at the same time!"

Cheers and excitement rang over the Kurasuno volleyball team.

"Alright, see you all tomorrow for practice."

And with that everyone dispersed, talking about the Tokyo trip. I take advantage of this team too much, I really do love them.