Chapter 4

KAGEYAMAS POV

Wow it kind of feels nice getting all those emotions out.

I wanted to continue with our deep conversation, but we were already at the shop in front of the waterfall. Sure enough, everyone was there. Suga and Daichi holding important necessities like food, water, and first aid kits while Noya and Tanaka held blow-up animals and pool noodles. I felt Hinatas attention switch from me to the blowed-up dolphin in front of us. While I almost envied the dolphin, I wasn't about to ruin this moment for the shorty standing next to me. I grabbed as much of our stuff as I could off the side of the road and waited patiently with everyone else for our captain to speak.

"Suga, is everyone here?"
A nod from the setter cued Daichi to begin.

"Ok guys I'm glad everyone is here! There isn't a path or anything to this waterfall so stay close. It's about a 15 minute walk and before anyone asks no we will not stop for food, a nap, or to go to the bathroom on the way there" He stated eyeing Noya and Tanaka. They both opened their mouth to protest but Asahi covered them before they could muster a word out. "Ewww" Asahi whined, probably meaning that Noya licked his hand. "Anyway, everyone stay close to each other because if anyone gets lost in these woods, it's gonna be bad for the volleyball team. Suga do you have anything to add?"

"Yeah, if you need first aid assistance I got you covered."

A bead of sweat dripped down my forehead and into my shirt. I cant wait for a cold front to come through. I looked up and stared at the swaying trees, the occasional red leaf falling and dancing in the wind before it hit the ground. Looking into the trees, the forest was covered in its majority by these dead leafs, covering the grass and smothering the life under it. Another hot just of wind passed us and I couldn't help but lift my head up and close my eyes, letting the summer heat calm my body and warm my already heated face. An intake of breath reminded me of my many walks to places I had no driver to. The shops, the festivals, the library, school. A vivid blur of memories rushed by me and a small smile begin painting itself on my face. It's not that I don't like smiling, I just rarely have use for it. But today has been an exception. I opened my eyes again and lowered my face to see Hinata staring at me with a parted mouth, wide eyes, and a blush on his face. What is he staring at?

HINATAS POV

I picked up a cooler and began heading down with the rest of the group. I turned around to see if my setter was following. "Kage—"
I stop in my tracks and looked. His pale face was raised to the sun and a small smile was planted on it. I turned completely around and began walking towards him. His hair blew at the just of wind and his smile spread even more. His features reminded me of when I saw him sleeping; untouched by a negative emotion or stressful thoughts. This was Tobio Kageyama at his finest, and boy was it fine. I felt a blush creap onto my face but couldn't manage to look away. At last he lowered his face and opened his eyes, adjusting to the light and seeing me staring at him like a psychopath. All I wanted to do was reach out and touch him, to get closer.

"What are you looking at?"

"I-I um," I blurted, not knowing what to say. "We're all heading down now, I knew you would be slow." Saved it by being competitive, nice one.

He scoffed. "You wish dumbass."

We ran down to meet up with the others, slipping on leaves several times.

~~~~~

KAGEYAMAS POV

As we reached the waterfall, the scenery was breathtaking. On my left was the waterfall itself, a good way in the distance but could be heard for miles. A cloud of bubbles and disturbed water covered the bottom of the flowing water and pool under it, leaving only a small section untouched with the exception of faint ripples. The pool tightened into a river that then widened again into a bigger pool on my right. A rope tied to a branch, an old picnic table and the occasional soda can were the only man-produced objects around. A laugh came out from Nishinoya's mouth as he stripped and ran full speed into the largest body of water, Tanaka not far behind.

"How cold is it?!" Enoshita yelled.

"FREEZING!" the two dumbasses sang in unison.

"Are you getting in Kageyama?" Hinata asked.

I eyed him skeptically. "Are you?" We walked over to the water, my question still unanswered.

"Hey scrub, I asked if you wer-AHHH!" My sentenced was interrupted by him pushing me forward and my balanced failing me. Before I fell I grabbed the ginger's collar, taking him down with me into the cold, wet pit. Emerging my head out of the water, I shook my hair trying to dry my fringe only to see out of the corner of my eye Hinata laughing hysterically.

"I knew you wouldn't go into cold water without a fight, so I caught you by surprise! Oh man you should've seen the look on your face it was PRICELESS! It was like-" as the middle continued talking, his grin grew and his cheeks and nose blushed due to the cold water. His wet orange hair hung over his eye, showing the color contrast between the bang and his rosie complexion.

Cute.

"Hey Kags you getting hippopotamus over there?"

HINATA'S POV

As I laughed I could see through my squint Kageyama's stare. What was he thinking? Is he mad at me?

"Hey Kags you getting hippopotamus over there?" At my remark he snapped to his old self and spoke. "It's Hibernia stupid! And no I was just- um- thinking about stuff."

At the sound of ignorance, Tsukishima corrected the two. "It's hypothermia." He scoffed and continued walking along the edge.

"Whatever" we both mumbled.

Not long after almost everyone was in the river, fighting over a pool float or playing under the waterfall. Noya hopped onto Asahi's shoulders and demanded a chicken fight showdown at once. "We must see the TRUE STRENGTH OF KARASUNO! Everyone in? Good you don't have a choice. PICK YOUR TEAMMATE!"

I scanned the area and spotted the teammate I wanted, pointing my finger and swimming towards him. "You're my partner got it? Now listen you better not drag this team down because I'm here to win!"

"Please if anyone's gonna bring us down it will be you dumbass!"