Chapter 21

KAGEYAMA'S POV:

I laid on my bed, setting my volleyball into the air.

Tonight is the sleepover at Sugawara's house. I get to see Hinata again. The last time we talked in person was when he basically invited me over for Christmas. While he shows way more affection towards me than I do him, he still hasn't said 'I love you' back. Maybe I'm overthinking this, I mean it's just a word he probably doesn't even notice that he hasn't said it. No, what if he's avoiding it cause he doesn't mean it.

"Fuuuuuuck-" I groan out of embarrassment.

I can't believe I was the one that said it first. TWICE actually. What happened to not letting yourself get hurt Tobio.

While the fear of getting more emotionally damaged always lingered in my mind, I wasn't concerned about the ginger.

But I guess that's how it always feels before you get hurt.

It was 5:30pm and the agreed upon time of arrival was 6. We were told to come in fun pajamas and to bring a game. Having limited options, I checked my closet and picked my blue pj bottoms with little milk boxes on them. I paired it with a black shirt and settled with that. As I walked down the unlit stairs, I examined the blank picture frames hung on the faded white walls around me. Before my dad left, he had hung them saying that the emptiness gave persuasion to fill them with pictures. After he left and my mom became distant, she kept them hung hoping that one day he'd keep to his word and fill them. I never touched them mostly cause I didn't care, but I knew my mom would be upset. She'd have to face the reality that he'll never come back. I stopped halfway down the stairs and stood, inspecting the railing my left hand rest upon.

This would look nice with some lights and a garland on it.

I walked farther down and peered into the living room. It was a mess, like the last time I saw it. I imagined a Christmas tree in the corner, our brick fireplace lit and casting shadows of the stockings hung in front of it. People sitting on the couch and the chair around the fire and television. I looked at the kitchen and imagined pans of food resting on the counter top and on the table, the piles of dishes I would be forced to wash, the smell of sweet deserts forcing me to finish my meal so I could shovel them into my smiling face. I tightly shut my eyes and opened them again. The vision was gone and all that was left was reality.

It hurts. But I'm not completely alone anymore.

Despite my original depressing thoughts, a smile spread on my face.

I don't need all that. I just need him.

I grabbed my hoodie and stepped outside.

"FUCK ITS COLD!"

~~~~~

I took the bus in my pajamas to Suga's house and knocked on the door. I was immediately greeted by him in a Koala onesie.

"You're finally here!" Suga smiled. "Guys Kageyama's here!" He yelled as we walked into the living room. Everyone was sitting together, some sprawled on the couch and others sitting on the floor, talking and laughing. I spotted Hinata sitting on the couch as he looked at me and smiled. He had on... a unicorn onesie.

Oh my god my heart.

I walked over and sat next to him.

"Hey Kags! Awe what a sad excuse of an outfit."

"Shut up dumbass." I tease as I nudged him with my shoulder.