Chapter 11

KAGEYAMA'S POV:

I laughed, "That was my line first dumbass."

"Well it sounds more believable when I say it," Hinata said through a smile, crinkling his nose and closing his eyes.

My laughter ceased as I stared at him. I was holding him tightly in my grasp and he didn't seem to mind. This feeling was more than one associated with friendship. It had a weight to it, a weight I had never felt before. My heart felt heavy and exhaustion swept over me as I continued to stare the boy in his eyes. My gaze traveled down to his lips, and farther down to his small composure. He was still wearing my hoodie, and I knew my shirt was under that, and I knew his bare skin was under both. I pulled him away and ran my hands down his sides, stopping at his waste. I closed my eyes and inhaled, trying to control my unpredictable movements.

No matter what I do, I can't jeopardize our relationship. I need him too much wether I want to admit it or not.

I opened my eyes again and stared at Hinata's pale, innocent face. He gave off a slightly confused but sympathetic expression. It wasn't a look of pity, but a look of warmth and compassion.

The ginger leaned forward and lightly head-butted my chest, leaving his head resting there as he spoke.

"Kageyama?" His voice was hoarse and soft, different from when he spoke moments ago. He fiddled with the back of my shirt, tugging and playing with it unconsciously, only making my heart ache more.

"Yeah?"

He paused his movements and became silent. "what happened while you were out."

I didn't want to elaborate on the topic, it was too fresh to talk about lightheartedly.

"I was reminded about something that happened a while ago," I flatly stated.

I clenched my jaw and looked at the ceiling. I had never felt so vulnerable before, and it pained me to think about. How I couldn't even handle a mature and sophisticated talk with my old friend without storming out. How I felt the need to be dependent on another person for reassurance.

Pathetic.

I felt Hinata raise his head from my chest. I looked down at him, and my eyes once again met his lips. I took both my hands and rested them on either side of the ginger's face. He closed his eyes and leaned on my right hand, breathing in and biting his lip.

Oh god.

His small hands wrapped around my wrists as he stepped closer. I could feel his quickening breath as I tilted his head up with both my hands and leaned in closer to him. We were inches apart, both with our eyes closed and both with an accelerating heartbeat that continued to get faster with every intimate movement. I used my thumb to outline his jaw, starting at his cheek and making my way to his chin and bottom lip, yet keeping the palm of my hand firmly planted on his cheek. He moved even closer to me, his left hand still on my wrist but his right now gripped onto the neckline of my shirt. He tugged on it, forcing me to close the gap between us. Our lips brushed each other's—

A loud banging on the hotel door caused us to both jump and push each other off of one another.

"Hey how are you both!?" Daichi's voice called from the Hotel hallway.

I cleared my throat. "We're doing great." I hastily replied in a monotone voice.

"A couple of us are headed to go look at the stores and markets do you both want to come!?"

I looked down at my feet. "Dumbass do you want to go?" I muttered.

"Uh, sure." He answered, shifting in place and looking around.

"Yeah we'll go!" I voiced to Daichi.

"Be in the lobby in 10!" He called, walking away from the door. His footsteps dissolved into silence and it was just me and Hinata again. We stood in silence, waiting for the other to say something. It was the ginger that spoke up first.

"I'm going to go take a shower okay?" He blurted, avoiding eye contact with me and fast walking over to the bathroom.

"Why do you need my approval to take a shower?" I raised my voice.

"Well sorry for telling you I'm going to take a shower!" He replied, also raising his voice.

"We need to leave in 10 minutes dumbass if you aren't ready by then I'm leaving you!"

"If YOU aren't ready I'm leaving YOU!" He yelled, crossing his arms.

We stared at each other. He had a look of frustration in his eyes. He looked disappointed and unsatisfied. He sighed and slammed the bathroom door.

HINATA'S POV:

I turned the shower on and let the cold droplets calm me down before the water temperature heated up. I stood there, eyes closed and my head facing up towards the shower spout. It reminded me of the day at the waterfall. I've craved his touch ever since that day. The beads of water traveled down the line of my jaw, replicating the movements of the setter's. The flashback of his thumb resting and lightly pulling down my bottom lip sent shivers down me. I touched my mouth with my fingers, breathing in and trying to calm down. I rested my own hands in my hair, but Kageyama's hands felt better. I wanted them in my hair, holding my face, gripping my torso, and exploring my body to its entirety.

We were going to kiss, and every inch of me wanted it. I wanted his mouth on mine, his mouth on my neck. I wanted his lips to start at my chest and travel lower and lower—

"You got 4 minutes left!" Kageyama's voice shouted from outside the bathroom.

I turned the water off and dried myself off, letting my flustered face sit in the towel.

"We need to leave in 10 minutes dumbass if you aren't ready by then I'm leaving you!"

"If YOU aren't ready I'm leaving YOU!"

As I stared at him after our shouts, there was only one emotion visible in Kageyama's stern, determined eyes;

Lust.