Chapter 4 - A party in the hills

'It's awesome, I love it!' Will cackled enthusiastically as he held his phone up to his face. 'It would be amazing if we had the opportunity to show some of the producers at the studio! I think we have a real chance to make something amazing!'

'I know, we should definitely try. Let me talk to some of them, I'll try and arrange a meeting for us,' Ellie replied on the other side of the FaceTime call. 'So are you still coming to my birthday party tonight?' she asked with anticipation whilst using her own face recording to apply her makeup in preparation for the evening ahead.

'Yeah, we'll be there!' Will had been secretly counting down the days until he could see Ellie again, '7pm, Beverly Hills,' he said with continued excitement but still trying to play it cool.

'Great, I'll see you then. Speak soon!' said Ellie as she waved and ended the call.

Will put his phone back in his pocket and continued to stack the remaining soda bottles into the fridge to the rear of the grocery store.

'Hey Will, any chance you could help me with this delivery out back?' asked Joe who was finishing off a baguette as he spoke. Will sighed, Joe was well known for being the layabout of the store, never really doing anything himself.

'Sure thing,' he politely replied, 'but then I really need to get out of here, I'm off to a party tonight,'

'Party? Where?' Joe asked looking slightly surprised that he hadn't had an invitation.

'It's actually in Beverly Hills,' Will boasted as they walked into the back room.

'No way! You've been invited to a party in the hills? How does that even happen?'

'Well, I know a few people from the movie industry, you could say...'

'Yeah, okay, so is it a party at Angelina's then or maybe Leo's place?' Joe joked sarcastically. 'Do you have a plus one? Because I would be more than willing to...'

'Of course I have a plus one!' Will interrupted as Joe looked back at him cluelessly whilst handing him another box from the back of the truck, 'Amanda...?' Will was hardly surprised that Joe had forgotten the fact that his girlfriend might be the one he'd chosen to go to the party with him.

'Oh, yeah, sure. Well if she changes her mind, or gets sick, or loses a leg or something, give me a call!'

'I hardly doubt that will happen, but in the extremely unlikely event that it does, I'll be sure to call you,' Will joked as he grabbed the last few boxes from Joe who was now happy to sit on a pile of stock and wait for his shift to end - despite having the best part of an hour still left to work.

Will took a glance at his watch. Two minutes to five. 'Gotta go,' he gasped as he left the storeroom and grabbed his jacket from behind the counter, before swiftly exiting the store.

As he began to wait in the parking lot, a white Chevrolet pulled up in front of him. The passenger window lowered to reveal Amanda looking back at Will over the top of her sunglasses. 'Hey?' she yelled as Will smiled back at her whilst he climbed into the car.

Amanda, dressed in her office attire, pulled back onto the road whilst Will threw his backpack onto the back seat. 'So, how was your day?' she asked, only to find that Will was gazing out of the window. He found himself thinking of Ellie and the chance he now had of making it big in Hollywood, with her by his side. It seemed like he went into a daydream about the prospect of a more glamorous L.A. lifestyle every five minutes lately.

'Hellooo?' asked Amanda trying to get Will's attention.

'Sorry,' he replied, squinting his eyes and re-emerging in reality, 'it was okay, yeah, you?'