Chapter 19 - The highest point in Hollywood

No one was around as the dusk sunlight beamed across the city below and over the hills. It looked small from up here, Will thought to himself. Almost like a model that someone had perfectly crafted.

Will paced backwards and forwards through the shadows of the large white letters, from the Hollywood sign. Two minutes to eight. He was nervous. Really nervous, as if he and Ellie were about to meet for the first time again.

A fast breeze flew through the bushes as Will quickly looked behind him. He was sure that he'd not been followed. Certain of it in fact. He looked back down at his Apple Watch. One minute to eight. He threw down his cigarette before contemplating lighting another to try and calm himself. Time seemed to be dragging. Will couldn't wait to see Ellie, even if it had to be in one of the most remote locations and at this time of day.

Back and forth, Will continued to pace up and down. It had been nearly a month since they'd last seen each other.

One minute past eight. Will's anxiety levels were going crazy. He couldn't help but feel like he was being watched... had he been followed? Had they stopped Ellie from coming to see him? What if she was in trouble?

The questions were circling around and around in Will's mind like a carousel getting out of control. He felt as if he needed to sit, to try and relax, but it was no use. He couldn't stay still and allow his mind to wander. Will quickly pulled out another cigarette, taking a few attempts to light it as he was shaking throughout his body.

The bushes slowly moved behind him. Someone was coming. Shit, Will thought to himself as he threw his cigarette to the floor and stubbed it out with his foot. The tension was too much for him to bear. He couldn't look behind him so instead, he froze and stared back down at the city below.

He could hear the sound of a dog panting behind him, getting closer and closer as the bell on its collar was ringing. Will looked down to see a small white terrier running past his feet before jumping up at him and leaning on his leg. Will felt awkward. He didn't know how to handle a dog... where was the owner? He hadn't factored in the possibility of being spotted by dog walkers or late night hikers.

'Milo, no, get down!' a voice shouted as the dog got back on all fours and sprinted back to his owner.

'Sorry, I know you hate dogs...' Will slowly turned around to see Ellie stood giggling to herself, with Milo stood by her side.

'El?' whispered Will as his anxiety quickly started to ease, being replaced by joy at the sight of Ellie. He was struggling to believe that she'd had actually shown up.

'Hey, you!' she said as Will quickly walked over to her, picking her up and slowly spinning her around on the spot, with Milo running around them in a ring.

Will hugged Ellie tightly, probably tighter than he'd ever hugged her before. He'd missed gazing into her dark brown eyes. They were so captivating, to the point that he was happy to get lost in them.

Ellie couldn't stop herself from smiling at the sight of Will. They kissed passionately whilst continuing to hold each other close for a time.

'I don't hate dogs... they just freak me out a little. Remember?' Will whispered as Ellie laughed back at him.

'Will...' she said slowly, still smiling towards him. 'It happened...'

'What? I mean, I think I know... I gathered from the note, but I need to hear it from you, or should I be worried?' he said, sort of sarcastically - but to be fair, everything was a mystery with Ellie at the moment...

'We've been green lit for the pilot!' she gasped, struggling to hold in her excitement any longer.

'Are you serious? How? Who?' Will was struggling to get his words out as he froze on the spot still holding Ellie in his arms.