Chapter 23 - No longer alone

'I don't know why I'm here,' said Will slowly as he sat on the edge of the bed, 'I was on my way back to my Mom's place, but I told my cab driver to take me here. I don't know why. I didn't even think about it, I just gave him your address and said drive...'

Amanda moved closer to Will and slowly placed her hand on his thigh, 'I missed you, so much...' she whispered into Will's ear, 'I thought about you every day,'

He couldn't stop her getting closer, he wasn't sure if he wanted to. In truth, he hadn't realised how he'd missed Amanda. He'd spent the past couple of years in a relationship with her. She'd been perfect for him until Ellie came along. Life with Amanda had been far simpler than it was with Ellie. There was no complications, no bad blood and certainly no police investigations. It had been as simple as two people in a relationship. But he'd be lying to himself if he ignored the fact that his love for Ellie was unlike anything he'd ever experienced before. The only dilemma in his head was if he could stand the complications any longer. Ellie had once told him that she came with a lot of baggage - that her life was complex. At the time he'd not given it a second thought. He was so in love with her that non of that mattered. But now he was beginning to question whether he was strong enough to deal with it anymore.

'I wish I'd never met her...' Will confessed, looking down at the bedding. Did he mean what he was saying? Did he really wish that Ellie hadn't come into his life?

Will could feel the warmth of Amanda's cheek, pushed up against his. Slowly, her lips met his as she attempted to kiss him. However, Will didn't engage in kissing Amanda back, but that didn't stop her from trying as he felt her hand on the back of his head, stroking his long dark hair.

'No...' he whispered pulling away from her.

'What's the matter? Isn't that what you came here for?'

'I don't know, I'm sorry,' said Will shaking his head and getting back to his feet.

'What's going on with you, Will?' asked Amanda looking concerned, 'I've never seen you like this before? What has she done to you?' Amanda was slowly stroking Will's cheek as he stood in front of her, a changed man. Not the man she'd spent two years of her life with.

'They nearly put me in jail, just for being in love with her,' said Will as he took a step back and began to look back down at the floor.

'For being in love with her? I didn't realise you loved her?' It was hurtful for Amanda to hear those words coming out of Will's mouth, expressing his feelings for another girl.

'I'm sorry,' Will whispered, now looking like he was about to cry as he finally made eye contact with Amanda. 'And I was willing to go to jail for her. I was willing to do all that and then she just left me. She ran out of my apartment one night, never to be heard from again. Cutting me loose, as if nothing had ever happened between us...'

'Answer me one thing, Will. Did you ever love me?' Amanda stood with hands on her hips. She looked angry as she glared back at him, 'Yes or no, did you ever love me?'

'Of course, I did? I never planned any of this? I swear it...'

'Why are you here Will?' Amanda's tone had changed, she was clearly getting heated with frustration. 'Is it sex? Is that why you told your cab driver to come here? So you could have me one more time?'

'What? No... of course not? I don't know... I guess I wanted to prove to myself that there really is no going back. To see if I could resist you. I'm sorry, Manny. I really am,'

'No, you don't get to say that, I'm not your Manny anymore!' she protested, moving further away from him. 'You had me - I loved you more than anything and you broke my heart... I'm not your fucking plaything, Will... If you want me, you can have me. If you want to work things out, then we can try. If that's what you really want. But I think we both know that's never going to happen, right?'