Chapter 11

Whoaaaaa...how long have I been absent for??

So sorry bubs for 'disappearing'  for sooooooooooooo longggggg

How are y'all?
Still here or left already?

Anyways ..

Sorry for this super delayed chapter.

Forgive this author.

Now on with the story...

"Wang FanXing!",

The mentioned 'Wang FanXing' flinched a little but remained  clung to his Papa's thigh refusing to let go.

"How am I supposed to do my work if you keep on clinging on my legs bunbun?", Yibo gently said trying to coax his child away from his thighs.

"Bunbun needs papa", FanXing said snuggling into his thigh.

"What's wrong bunbun? What happened? Tell papa what happened won't you?"

FanXing just shook his head and snuggled some more. FanXing could be the most stubborn boy if he wanted to, and Yibo knew this long ago, so coaxing him to speak wasn't going to help. He'd have to wait for his bunbun to speak up himself.

*****

After dinner Yibo was washing the dishes and FanXing was enjoying his ice-cream dessert. HaiKuan and ZanJin were out on a date and they'd be late, so Yibo was strictly instructed to not wait for them and sleep.

While washing dishes Yibo, unconsciously, hummed 'Nanhai', that one song very dear to him.

"Papa", FanXing's small voice drew his attention to the boy who had ice-cream all over his mouth and was gazing into the distance.

"I wan' ask you somethin' ",

"Go on bunbun", Yibo said wiping the extra cream off his mouth.

"Why don' I have daddy?",

Such innocent questions, such simple question, yet it shook Yibo to his core. He felt as if he was struck by lightning.

His movements halted, the hands that were once cleaning his baby's small mouth were now resting midair as he stared at the pair of doe eyes that reflected nothing but curiosity and innocence.

Had his little boy known the weight that his words carried, would he have asked the question?

Did Yibo fail to give him enough love to fill up the gaping hole his father left?

Was Yibo not enough anymore?

Did FanXing want his daddy too now?

If Yibo told him the truth would FanXing be able to understand?

Would he blame Yibo for leaving him fatherless?

"Sorry papa, didn' mean to make you cly", FanXing said wiping the tears that had managed to squeeze out of his eyes.

Yibo held the tiny hands of his son and asked, "why do you ask bunbun? Is papa not enough?"

For a moment Yibo regretted the last question. He wasn't sure if FanXing's answer would come in his favour.

What if FanXing wanted his daddy as well?

"No, papa is enough", FanXing giggled.

"But?..", Yibo encouraged. He knew there was something more.

"But" FanXing said and jumped off the small chair he was seated in and ran towards his room.

"FanXing where are you going?",

Before Yibo could head to his son, FanXing came back running to him holding a paper in his hand.
He shoved the paper to Yibo's face with a small pout in his cherry lips.

Yibo glanced at the paper and immediately felt tears well up in his eyes.

On the paper were two figures, the taller figure holding the hands of a much shorter figure.

The taller one had a brown bush in his head while the shorter had black bush. An attempt to draw hair.

Even though the face was a bit disfigured and arms and legs looked a little strange Yibo could easily tell it was him and his son.  And it was better than what a normal five years old would have drawn.

He took this skill after his father.

"It so nice bunbun, you did great", he cried a little kissing his son. He could tell how deeply touched he was.

"But papa, evelyone had a daddy with them, and the teacher also asked why I didn' dlaw daddy", FanXing pouted at the end of his statement.

Yibo didn't answer and just pulled his son to his chest.

Taking a few deep breaths he answered.

"Because papa loves FanXing so much that there was no love left for daddy, all Papa's love belongs to FanXing, and god also said that FanXing also loves papa so much that there is no love left for daddy, now without love daddy will be sad and if FanXing will give his love to daddy, papa will be sad. Does  A-Xing wants that?" , He silently hoped his son would buy whatever nonsense he just blabbered.

"No, bunbun doesn't want papa sad.  Bunbun only loves papa"

"What about us?", ZanJin's 'offended' voice boomed and both father and son turned their head to find the married couple standing on the door frame.

FanXing glanced at his papa who gave him a slight nod. FanXing immediately ran to his uncles screaming how much he loves them.

Yibo turned his attention to the paper in his hand, and caressed it.

An incomplete picture of a perfect family.

A perfect picture of an incomplete family.

Either ways,a bitter truth.

*******

Whoa.....

Sorry for disappearing and for the mistakes this chapter has.
See you next time.

Love y'all

Take care and stay safe bubs

Love Author ❤️