Chapter 6

Hello everyone!

I'm here with a new chapter. Double update because the former chapter was too short.

Enjoy~

  ****

"Daddy?", A small voice lulled Zhan's attention from his laptop towards the door.

Zhan hurriedly wiped his tears and walked to the door where a tiny head was peeking in, eyes laced with sleep and tiny arms holding a teddy.

"What's wrong princess?", Xiao Zhan asked picking up his daughter.

The said child stuffed her face in Zhan's neck and mumbled some a  'want to sleep with you'.

Zhan let out a soft chuckle and rubbed her back when abruptly the child in his arms faced him and with all the  seriousness of the world asked,  "Daddy why were you crying?"

Caught off guard by the question he just let a nervous laugh and added " I wasn't crying baby"

But the child only shook her head and in a pretence of pulling xiao Zhan's ears scolded him "Lying is bad daddy. You said I shouldn't lie but you also lie daddy. Daddy is bad. He lied."

If only the little girl knew how much these words hurt Zhan.

He was a bad dad. He lied. He was a cheater. And somehow hearing that from his child only made it more worse.

I'm a bad father.
A bad husband.
But more than that I'm the worst person.

"Daddy? Daddy?"

" Daddy is sorry baby. Daddy knows he is bad, daddy is so sorry",
He repeated trying to soothe his own heart.

I'm sorry, I really am.

"It's okay daddy. You said sorry so it's okay"
The little girl patted Zhan's hair.

"But why was daddy crying?"

He thought this topic was forgotten.

Shaking his head he carried his little doll to the couch and sat her on his lap.

"Daddy just misses someone" he spoke playing with her long hair.

"Who?"

" Let me tell you a story Xiao Ying", he added combing his fingers through her hair.

" Long ago before you were born there was an angel. He was beautiful. Both from inside and outside. He-"

"But daddy", Ying cut him off in the middle. "mommy says angels are girls how is your angel a boy?"

"Anyone can be an angel baby, boy or girl doesn't matter...",

"Ohhhh", she nodded in an understanding.

" So as I was saying, he could make any one fall in love. And guess what?"
He gently nudged her shoulders.

"What daddy?"

" Daddy also fell in love with that angel",