Chapter 2:

His eyes flutter opened and Xiao Zhan found himself on the bed. His clothes changed, his shoes removed and his body no longer reeking of alcohol but a throb in his head and a disgusting taste in his mouth reminded him of all the wines he had downed the day before.

He wobbled his way to the bathroom his head clutched between his hands.

After spending excessively long hours in the shower cleaning himself spacing out and trying to get rid of the headache he walked back to their bedroom to find two aspirins and a glass of water sitting on the night stand waiting for him.

He gulped down those pills and made his way to the kitchen. He was met with the sight of his beautifully handsome wifey making something for him and judging by the delicious smell it was that special soup Yibo always made whenever Zhan had hangovers.

The sight of his baby cooking for him warmed his heart but he could not let those fuzzy feelings linger for long.

He turned on his heel wanting to leave but a soft 'Zhan Ge' halted his steps.

"What?", His voice came harsher than intended.

"How's your hangover?", Yibo's voice was small but laced with worry and concern.

"I'm okay", he replied monotonously and left without giving the smaller a chance to ask further.

Yibo clamped a hand over his mouth to stop himself from crying out loud but there seemed no way to stop the tears. They welled his honey glazed eyes and slowly made their way down his soft snowy cheeks. One then another then another then another then another....

Maybe it was due to his pregnancy his hormones were making a mess of him.

A loud slam was heard and just like that his husband had disappeared.

             _____________________

A week went had passed since he last talked to his Zhan ge. It was not that he didn't want to talk to his husband but it was rather the other who was rarely seen at home.

Xiao Zhan would come home late at night and leave early in the morning not to be seen for the whole day.
Yibo had wanted to stay up and wait for his husband at night but his morning sickness and pregnancy would exhaust him and he'd end up falling asleep right where he sat.

Once he had fallen asleep on the couch and was surprised when he woke up on that very couch.

Did Zhan ge not come home?

This question had haunted him and was only able to calm down when he saw the messed up sheets of their bedroom.

But no sooner had he calmed down a sudden urge to cry filled him along with immense sadness and pain.

His Zhan ge had come home, his husband saw him sleeping on the couch but still did not bother with carrying him to their bedroom. It was okay if he didn't carry but he could have woke Yibo up and asked him to sleep on the bed. He could have at the very least brought him a blanket to cover him.

But no. His very dear husband did none of these and now Yibo had to deal with his now very stiff and aching body alongside with his heart that was crying for his husband.

As if the lonely night where he'd cry himself to sleep were not bad enough his days became worse.

The emptiness of the house, the silent atmosphere was driving him crazy and then there was his throwing ups to perfectly add the cherry on top.

He'd feel drained after throwing up, he'd want to stomp his foot and cry, he'd want his Zhan ge to hug him to rub his back whenever he threw up, to kiss his forehead whisper sweet nothings in his ears as he held him in his embrace and rocked them back and forth.
But all he'd get was tears and loneliness.

Is it too much to ask?

Another week passed.

Two weeks without a word between the two. Yibo no more knew of his husband's whereabouts. His plate was already full with all the sickness, mood swings and strange cravings to worry about his husband.

He stopped waiting for his husband to come back to him, he stopped looking for evidences of his husband being home the night before, he stopped keeping meals for his husband but he could stop missing him. He couldn't stop missing his warmth. He couldn't stop from wanting him.

He knew that was very pathetic of him but what was he supposed to do?
What was he supposed to do other than miss his love?
            ___________________________

The orange ball dipped in the distant horizon painting the sky in its beautiful hue. Yibo stood on his balcony watching the sky fade its colour to much lighter shade.

The sun sunk further.

He watched the fierce orange fade and the magnificent blue take over for a while accompanied by few stars there and there.

Twilight hour.

It filled Yibo with tranquility watching the pretty glow of the sun slowly fade away as the serene night took over the sky.

It gave Yibo a sense of freedom to breathe in the cool evening sky. It filled his heart with peace and calmed his mind.

He watched as the night dominated the few moments of twilight and scattered more of it's stars claiming it's territory.

He loved doing this. Standing on the balcony he loved watching the day turn into night indicting he had survived yet another day without his Zhan ge.

His Zhan ge.

He didn't know where the said person was.

"I'm sorry baby, you're father still doesn't know about you.",

He whispered rubbing his flat belly. He hated the fact that Xiao Zhan was unaware of the little life growing inside him. He was dying to tell his Zhan ge that the family they had been dreaming of was finally here, the little Zhan or little Yibo they'd talk about for hours was here but he never got the chance.

A little over two weeks had passed since Yibo came to know about the existence of another life in him but his husband the father of the  little life in him was still unaware.

Why?

Because Xiao Zhan was never home.

His phone?

He had stopped carrying his phone around a long ago.

He was pulled out of his thoughts by a 'Click' of  the front door.

"Did Zhan ge finally come home?"

Yibo ran to the door to welcome his love only to wish he never came to check the door.

He was greeted by no human but a stack of papers on the floor.

A divorce paper to be precise and his beloved husband Xiao Zhan had already signed it.