Chapter 3

Sorry I had to delete this chapter and then republish it because of glitches.

Not proofread so expect a few mistakes.

______________________________________

He failed.

His love failed.

These words echoed inside his head as he stared at the divorce papers in his hands. He pinched himself to make sure it wasn't a nightmare.

He felt the pain.

It was a nightmare. But he was living this nightmare. He would have to live this nightmare. There was no waking up from his painful dream. Because this wasn't a dream at all.

What hurt Yibo most was the fact that Xiao Zhan had already signed it and he chose to leave the papers at the doorsteps rather than confronting it himself.

Coward.

Whatever had remained of his heart broke into pieces soundlessly. Yet the pain.... The pain of his heart literally tearing into pieces made Yibo acknowledge one thing. Xiao Zhan chose to break him. And he was now broken beyond repair.

He slumped on the floor and cried and cried and cried. After a good few hours of crying and screaming at no one in particular he got up and ran to the bathroom.

Enough of this.

He took a bath taking his sweet time scrubbing every part of his body till he was convinced that every touch of that man was washed away. He packed his clothes and was ready to leave.

If separation is what Zhan ge wants separation it is then.

He signed those papers and made a vow to himself that he will never let that or any other man make him cry.
After signing in the allocated areas he  placed his wedding ring on top of the papers and left the house he once called his home.
           __________________________

It was close to the midnight so he could not or rather did not want to call for any cabs. He walked a little he felt the first drop. It landed right on his cheeks. A little further and a second one followed then another one and another soon it was raining cats and dogs.

Where did all these rain come from? Wasn't it starry tonight? Wasn't he enjoying the evening sky a few hours ago? When did this storm arrive?

Yibo almost laughed at the how it perfectly represented his life at the moment. One moment he was enjoying a nice sunset he was still Xiao Wang Yibo and the next there was this storm unveiling it's rage and he was nothing more than a divorced pregnant man.

He didn't care about the rain nor his weak body. He went wherever his feet was leading him and ended up walking all the way to his brother's apartment. He knocked once and then twice. Yibo didn't have to wait for for long before a very surprised Liu Hai Kuan appeared at the door with an extremely sleepy Zhu ZanJin alongside him .

"Oh my! Yibo come inside", Zanjin pulled him in pushing his frozen husband aside.

Yibo allowed himself to be dragged and just stiffly followed his brother in law. ZanJin then sat him on the sofa and disappeared after whispering a soft ' I'll get a towel '  to himself.

HaiKuan receiving from his initial shocked state sat by Yibo's side and ran his warm hand through the younger's dripping hair.

" Bo?", His silky voice tickled Yibo's ear but his words didn't reach him.

"Where did I go wrong?", This question was directed more to himself rather than any other person.

"What do I lack ge?", His monotonous voice broke Kuan's heart more than it should have.

Yibo had always been a confident guy.
Ever since young Yibo was good in everything he did, studies, sports, dancing, singing, looking after the house, he excelled in everything and his looks were to die for and Yibo knew it all. He had confidence in everything he did. There had never been a moment of doubt in him about himself but now there was.

He was asking his brother what he lacked in and HaiKuan swore he could hear his own heart breaking. Yibo looked so lost. The sparkle in his eyes had died down, it was just dull pair of peepers now.

He swallowed back the urge to find that so called brother in law of his and punch the life out of him.

Just then ZanJin walked in bringing along with him a big fluffy towel and a mug of warm milk.

"Here", he handed Yibo the milk and proceeded to dry his hair.

Handing the empty glass back to his brother Yibo walked straight to the guest room dragging his luggage with him. He took some fresh clothes and waddled his way to he bathroom.

After taking a prolonged shower he stepped out of the bathroom absently running his hand through his hair.

HaiKuan sat on the bed waiting for his brother to come and explain this sudden visit, not that he minded, but his Yibo didn't appear like his usual cheerful self and that had set all the alarms ringing  HaiKuan's head.

The moment Yibo laid his eyes on his gege's worried face the tears he had held all along came gushing out his eyes as he ran into HaiKuan's arms crying his eye out.

He wailed, screamed, chocked, weeper, sobbed, did everything he could to lessen his pain and all HaiKuan could do for his baby brother was hold him in his arms and kiss his hair and forehead whisper sweet nothings in his ears hoping that would calm him down.

They stayed in each other's embrace, one wailing and the other rocking him back and forth trying to calm him down till the dawn broke and Yibo had cried himself to sleep.

The beautiful morning had brought a new life everywhere except Wang Yibo's heart. The moment he opened his eyes he had hoped everything to be a dream, he had hoped he would find himself sleeping in their room but the unfamiliar room slapped him with reality and his eyes welled up again.

No.

He'll not cry again.
He had enough didn't he?

But he wasn't in their home anymore, he wasn't in his Zhan ge's life anymore. Heck, he wasn't even ' Xiao' anymore. That hurt him. But Yibo knew crying over a spilled wouldn't do him any good, he had a new life to take care of. His new love, a small bean was growing inside him now.

A soft knock on the door caught his attention to his brother in-law who was standing on the door with a tray full of breakfast.

" Can I come in?", ZanJin asked in the gentlest voice possible and Yibo immediately nodded.

"Here", he motioned the tray towards Yibo and sat it Yibo's lap.

"Thank you", he whispered and nibbled on the peeled apple slices.

The food was a little too much for a single person so Yibo asked for a plate to keep the extra plate but to his surprise ZanJin gave a knowing smile and said, " you're eating for two people honey so you'll have to eat more."
And before Yibo could ask how did he know ZanJin gave a little pat on his head and walked away.

Yibo was a little embarrassed, his hand reached down to caresse his stomach giggling to himself.

" We'll be okay baby, I'll keep you safe", he promised nodding to himself.

Yes he was going to be fine without Zhan and he will keep.his baby safe and happy.

_________&&______&&______________

Hey everyone. I'm sorry for the late updates and this chapter is just so so ..because I've made it in hurry with no proofreading. I hope I'll get more time in the future to write more

Bye for now. Take care and stay safe❤️😘