Needle and Thread

I wake up and immeadietly feel chilly, alothough the thin duvet is spread around my body. I look over to my side and see the blankets ruffled and empty space. The events of last night come crashing back to me and I realize Mattheo's gone. I thought about Tom, and then about Reeve, and how yet again I found myself here with Mattheo.

I touched the side of my arm and realized it was still cut. My breathing begins to speed up as I look around, getting out of his bed and standing up, trying to calm myself down. When I look in his mirror, all I see is Tom smashing it last night and the cut on my arm now.

I feel dizzy and light-headed, but tired. I sigh trying to steady my breathing and walk into his bathroom, turning on the shower. Then I let myself cry.

The pouring of the water drowns out any noise I make and finally I decide to get in. I walk into the shower in a white tee shirt and black shorts with socks on, and sit on the tub floor. I pull my knees to my chest and start to let myself cry.

I cry as the water turns cold, thinking about everything but I don't let the water stop. It continues to pour down on me, soaking my entire body. And when I look around the bathroom, all I'm reminded of is what I let slip away. Mattheo. Tom. Reeve.

Mattheo had Astoria now, and Tom seemed to angry to talk. Reeve seemed mad as well. I rest my head against the wall, pain echoing as the wall behind me is alot harder then i thought.

I hear the door to Mattheo's dorm open.

Mattheo's pov

"Fuck" i whisper under my breath as I walk in and see my bed empty. She's gone.

I lost her to Tom or that fuckhead Reeve.

I don't know why last night happened, or why I couldn't keep it out of my mind, but I left, early this morning to clear my head. I spoke to Tom about what happened and he wasn't pleased to see me, to say the least. That American Reeve I had only met once before, at some sort of (probably a cult) meeting involving all the leaders children. My father wanted me to marry his sister, considering their father was a leader of dark magic in North America.

And of course he was the one who got Rose's attention.

I sigh to myself as I open the door to the bathroom, humid air immediately greeting me.

I look around at the foggy mirror and shower glass, then swing open the door.

She's sitting in the corner, hugging her knees, shaking under the cold water. She's crying.

Rose's pov

He opens the door and just looks at me for a second.

I must seem like a total mental case, sitting in a fucking shower with all my clothes on.

"Are you ok?" He asks softly. I shake my head and bring my hands to my face, running my fingers through my damp hair.

Without second thought, he gets in. Wearing his clothes, he gets in. The water begins spraying him as well as he pulls me into his side, holding me close.

"i really fucked up" i whisper.

"will you tell me what happened?" He asks. "Its a long story" I respond and let my head fall onto his shoulder.

After minutes pass, he whispers into my ear "I really want to kiss you right now"

"We can't mattheo. we cant be us again" I say.

"I know" He says softly. His position around me doesn't change though. And we stay that way for a long time.

-