Chapter 4

Continued

"Can we go to the park together, please please" Yusuf begged with puppy eyes.

"Yusuf son, that's enough" Farhan said in soft tone.
Yusuf step back, tears were rolling in his eyes.

Alif thought, 'he just got better, his mom isn't here or else she would have went with him. Plus Me going out with Saif got canceled so why not.'

Alif look at Farhan. She then bend down near Yusuf.
"My love. Look at me" Alif said in a soft tone.
Yusuf look up to her eyes. His eyes were teary.

She wiped his tears. "Let's go to the park, if that makes you happy" Yusuf jumped up and down with a smile on his face. Alif was tightly hugged by him. He kissed her hand

He ran to Farhan, "Baba, look she agreed" Yusuf said with a smile.

Farhan cracks a grin. "Let's go," he said as they began walking.
In the back seat, Alif and Yusuf sat. Farhan got in a car. Yusuf was smiling and clutching Alif's hand the entire time. Farhan kept staring at them in his rearview mirror. Farhan, too was amused by his son's antics.

Soon they arrived. Farhan parked his car, and they got off. Yusuf grabbed his dad's hand. While alif put her phone, in her purse. Suddenly Yusuf grabbed her hand. She look up to Yusuf who was smiling then to Farhan, "come let's go Baba and my favorite doctor" Yusuf said he started walking.

Farhan kept staring at Alif, thinking they'd make a wonderful family. He began to have strange thoughts for her.

When Yusuf called him, he broke out of his thoughts. "Baba, I want to sit on that swing, and push me," Yusuf remarked as he ran towards the swing.

Alif smile looking at Yusuf who was running. Farhan look at her smile, he himself smile. Farhan started pushing Yusuf, he was swinging a little fast. Then Alif received call. She answered it.

It was Mia who called her from an unknown number. Mia was gone to Germany for a vacation and she explained to alif how she lost her phone and she will be back after some time. After ending the call her phone rang again.

Alif: salam Alaikum

Saif: wa Alaikum Salam love.

Alif: why you called?

Saif: because I can and we are meeting in my apartment tomorrow for a special date

Alif: I am sorry saif

(When Alif uttered Saif, Farhan's smile vanished and he turned to face her.)

Alif: I'm sorry, I can't... it's inappropriate us meeting alone. Its specially haram after all.

Saif: please....for me.

Alif: No

Saif: your coming thats all I know.

With that he disconnected the call on her,
'Unbelievable' Alif mumbled she turn around and bumped to Farhan chest, her hands were on his shoulder. Farhan was looking at her. He was about to put his hands on her waist, she quickly pull her self back.

"I am sorry, I was to close" Farhan said stepping back. "Baba Doctor come here" Yusuf yell

They turned to face him and began walking.
Yusuf takes both of their hands in his.

They started walking.
"Babaa look ice cream I want oneeee" Yusuf said jumping.

Farhan and alif smile. Farhan went there brought some ice with them.