Chapter 16

Alif pulls herself. She hurriedly got inside and began driving rapidly. Farhan punches his car and shouts.

While driving, Alif began asking, "How Can he do it...? I knew what he did was wrong, and I would have handled the matter differently. Zach almost died...and I've never seen this side of him. Has he always been like this? Why did he ever come into my life? Farhan, I just... hate you. But I wish he knew how devastated my heart is. It won't be the same..... it's okay alif.....ya Rahman, help me." Alif took a big breath and wiped her tears away.Later she arrived home. She took a shower. And realized that she's not in her period anymore.

She came out to pray asr. She read some Quran.After that, she felt better.Then she remembered Hamid, who did not call at all. She thought, so she dressed up and wore a hijab.Later, she arrived at Hamid's residence.

Just as she stepped out of her automobile. Rabia stepped out.
"Hi Doctor, are here for Hamid?"
Alif nodded "well, I am going out my wedding days are getting closer, he's inside in his room. Acting all weird, I don't understand this boy. Please do something. You can take him with you I don't mind" with that she got inside the car, and started driving away.

Alif simply stood there, knowing Hamid must be sad, because her sister's attitude suggests she doesn't care. She sighs and walks inside; a woman in her forties is standing there. "Hello, Ma'am," she said nicely.

"Hello! um where is Hamid?" she says looking around no sign of him.
"Hamid is in his room, it's upstairs to the right"
Alif nods with smile.

As she walked the stairs She found his room and knocked, but nobody responded. She opened the door and saw his large room. His room was excessively vast, larger than her entire apartment.

Her gaze finally settled on him, he was lying on his bed.

She closed his door, making a noise that caused Hamid to look up and see her. He rose up, unsure if it was alif or a dream.

Alif closed his door, and she approached him and sat on his bed. Hamid quickly sprang and held her tightly. She collapsed back onto his bed. He began kissing her. "You came," he murmured, drawing away. Alif smiled as she sat on his bed. Hamid sat close her.

Alif touch his forehead he had fever.

"You have fever!" Alif said almost shouting.
"Why two day? Huh" Hamid said moving back.

"Sorry.....I missed you so much. I love you. Hamid... my Hamid why didn't you call me?" Alif said pulling him toward her.
Hamid started crying, he hugged alif. "They took the phone away from me... no body loves me"
Alif wiped his tear. She started crying along with him. It was just that everything on her mind.
Now Hamid, it wasn't fair for a child like this to suffer.
Hamid wiped her tears.

Alif kissed Hamid forehead,
"I'm sorry"
"It's okay, I forgive you this time." Hamid replied
"Do you want me to stay here with you, or  you want to go to my apartment with me there." Alif said with smile.
"In your apartment please"

"Okay, let's pack the things you need there" alif said standing up.
"Doctor, I'm really sick, can you pack for me"
Hamid said softy.

"Sure my love, I will take care of you wait"
She began preparing for him, including clothing, shoes, and sketching books.

Hamid did notice that "Doctor why are you taking so much clothes and many other?"
"You staying with me for a week"
She said zipping the bag.
Hamid eyes widen he got up "what! Really" Hamid screamed with happiness
Alif nodded
"Come let's go, we will talk later about this we need get to my apartment so I can take care of you."

Alif walks out, clutching his hand. She was not going to leave him here knowing how badly he was being treated. She came down the steps. "I'm taking Hamid with me; tell Rabia," Alif remarked to the lady.

Later they arrived at her apartment.

Hamid help alif get some things inside,
Alif lock her door. She put every thing aside. "Love have you eaten yet?" Alif said looking at Hamid. "No, I don't feel hungry, I feel sick"

"Love, first you have to eat  in order to feel better..  Don't forget I am doctor" alif smile at him
Hamid laughs

Later, when he finished eating, Alif took him to her room and gave him some medicine.

"Enjoy your sleep now; when you wake up, you'll feel better. Don't worry, I'll be here when you wake up.Alif said with a kiss on his forehead.Hamid gave a smiling nod and closed his eyes.

After two hours Hamid gently opened his eyes, stood up, and went into the living room. "Love, you woke up," Alif says. "Go to the restroom and wash your face come I have made soup for you."

Hamid nodded and returned to his chair. Alif sat next him. He glanced at his food, "love what happened,"

Alif pick the spoon and feed him. Hamid smile.
"Want me to feed you" Hamid nodded
"You know you can tell me,i  won't mind love right" alif said
After he was done with the soup, alif wiped his mouth. "Doctor, the soup was really good thank you I love it so much." Hamid replied with smile

Alif smile "glad you like it love... now say Alhamdulillah"
"Alhamdulillah" Hamid said
Just then alif phone started ringing
She got up and answered

Alif: salamalykum
Rabia: hi
Alif: yes?
Rabia: he's with you
Alif: yes why?
Rabia; I was wondering if he can stay with you tomorrow too?
Alif: you know he had fever today?
Rabia: yes can you answer my question
Alif: actually I want him to stay with me for a week
Rabia: what!!
Alif: why
Rabia: that's good thank you!  bye
Alif: bye

She sigh, and turn to Hamid she touch his forehead his fever was gone a little.
"Feeling good" Hamid nodded
She sat down, a little anxious since she remembered Farhan, and didn't even inquire how Zach was doing today. Just then, Hamid approached her and hugged her; Alif hugged him back. A tear fell from Alif's eyes, "Doctor, are you okay?"

Alif nodded, "please tell me why, don't lie to me"
He looks straight in her eyes, alif nodded
"Yusuf dad Farhan, he hurt me" alif said looking down

Hamid gasp, he cupped her cheek.
"Don't worry, I will talk to him, he's not allowed to hurt my doctor, I am here for you too okay" Hamid said hugging her again.
Alif smile, and hug him back. She felt good.
"You know Hamid, I am thankful that your here in my life"
"Me too, and I love you very much"
Just then Hamid sat on her lap.
Alif started massaging his hair.
Alif smiled, "you know I missed you so much"

Farhan arrived home, he went to his room for a shower, he wash the blood from his hands,
He came out dress up, just then Yusuf enter his room. "Baba.... I want to meet Doctor and Hamid" Yusuf said coming close to his dad.
Farhan bend down and kiss him.
"Sorry, you can't not today" Farhan replied
"I won't hear No, baba I want to meet... or I won't eat" Yusuf said
Farhan sigh, "son, she's mad at me"
Yusuf look at him like.

"I did something, now she doesn't wanna see me"
"Why if you hurt my doctor, you too hurt me Baba" Yusuf said almost crying.
Farhan nodded "I'm sorry"

Alif and Hamid were Praying, both made dua. Then they fold the prayer rug. "Hamid, come here drink some water" alif said

Later alif was in her room brushing her hair. When Hamid come toward her. "Doctor, can I braid your hair"
"You know how to braid!" Ask alif
Hamid nodded "I used to do my mom hair" he said braiding her hair.
"Aww, thank you love" Hamid smile

Alif phone started ringing
She check to know who is it...it was Farhan..