Chapter 11

2 weeks later

Seated on the couch, Alif was simply gazing at the wall.
She sat there looking at the wall, not sure why she was doing it. A week ago, the hospital released her from treatment.
Closing her eyes, she touches her head and moves softly through her hair.

At that moment, she felt empty. The doctor informed her on her accident and how she experienced memory loss. They were certain that the memory loss was transient and not very dangerous. She ought to be regaining her memory over time.

But last week she would forget where she left things, like keys, purse and medication. Or she would be standing in the kitchen. It took her a moment to realize what is she actually doing? And what's her purpose of her action.

She climbs to her feet, covers her head with the hijab, and begins her prayer. She places her head on the mat in prayer.
She bursts into tears. She didn't know if she should be joyful or sad over the whole thing, but she was thankful to God that she remembered her religion at least. She did not, however, voice her displeasure. She entrusted everything to Allah. (The Almighty)

After getting up and putting away her prayer mat, she glanced at the paper and realized that she had received a letter yesterday stating that she was free to join the pediatric hospital at any moment.

It was then that the doorbell rang.
She approached and unlatched the door. Behind it was a suave man. With his security, Farhan was present.

Her eyes met his. She recognizes him he met her at the hospital that day.

What brings you back here?" Alif questioned, stepping aside while his men set some fruits and shopping bags on the ground. His security were on their way out already. Farhan looks up at her.

He stare at her.

"Hello?" Alif said taking him out of his thoughts.

"Love it's me Farhan" Farhan said closing the door.
"Leave right now, why are you closing the door" Alif said in a worry tone.

Farhan sat down in the couch. "Sit we need to talk". Alif took a deep breath and sat down in front of him.
"How are you" Farhan said

"Alhamdulillah good." Alif says

"So, I've given you some time. I didn't bother you since the day in the hospital we met, you didn't recognize me. —" he paused with a hurtful expression.

"I lost my mind when you didn't recognize me. Doctors told me not to put any pressure on you. Since you just recovered. But I had my eyes on you monitoring your every moment." Alif kept looking at him. His dark eyes, dark eyebrows his features were so good looking.

"I am Farhan shah, and I have a son his name is Yusuf. You love Yusuf, and he loves you too. the day you got in to accident, was the day we were supposed to get married." Farhan paused for a moment and gazed at her.

Alif look at him 'we were going to get married...not so sure about this.' She was scared, she wasn't feeling good about him. "I don't remember anything as you know" Alif said looking down.

"Love" Farhan call her forwarding to touch her hand.

Alif look up hesitant him calling her 'love' he was just a stranger for her.
How can she trust him easily?

She shakes her head. "I —I still don't know who you are truly. I'm not your love." She moves her hand back.

Feeling uncomfortable.

Farhan Stands up, "listen I know it's hard for you... it's been hard for me too. Specially for Yusuf, but since it's summer time, it was so hard for me but I send him to a summer camp promising him, that you will be back."

Alif look up "So....... I..how I am related to Yusuf" alif ask.

Farhan explained his story, how his wife died, and how Yusuf met her in school how was there relationship in general.

Alif nods Farhan came close to her. He wants to hug her right now. How deeply he missed her.

Alif step back putting her hands on her chest
"What are you doing? leave right now"Alif says her tone changes.

"Relax love I won't hurt you. I just missed you... you don't know how much I love you. You were going to be my wife that day." He then smiles "but that's okay. We will set a date and get married."

Alif eyes widen "Excuse me? What are you on? I lost my memory so it means I don't remember you. We are not getting married." Anger raises inside him, Gritting his teeth he steps closer to her.

"You're mine. Get this in your head! I will have you to my self. I love you.!" "You're crazy." She says angerly.

"I am so what?" He says stepping closer to her. "Stay away " "I don't know how to stay away from you.!"

Just then his phone started ringing, he picked up, after a few minutes, he ended the call. "I have to go, I have an emergency. But listen Sweetheart you're mine. I need to leave now, take care." With that he walks out.

Alif quickly closed the door, and sat down. She was scared she didn't want him. She was nervous. "He can't just say that I am his." She mumbled.

Sorry short chapter.
hopefully I can work on this and Finish this story up :) Inshallah.
Also this story is completed already, I just wanted to rewrite it and make some changes before publishing of the chapters.