Chapter 6

Continued

"Oh, baby Stay here, I'll come back; I need to speak with your baba," Yusuf nods.

In Yusuf's room, Alif and Farhan exited. Alif moved closer to Farhan and said, "Let's clean your wound."

"All right, let's go to that room," Farhan stated as he began walking, alif trailing behind him. When they came inside, Farhan rested on a nearby sofa, while Alif began gathering items to clean his wound.

Alif approached him. "All right, close your eyes and stay still." Farhan smiled and nodded.
She approached him, sat by him and began applying ointment to his wound. She touch his brow and cheek.

Farhan's heart was racing, and he could feel her palms on his cheek. Farhan wanted to hug her because she smelled so nice. When she said, "Open your eyes," he came out of his thoughts and did so.

She takes a step back.
"Okay, you're good to go... I'm on my way back to Yusuf "she explained. Farhan rose to his feet.

"Well. Thank you favorite doctor" Farhan said with smirk.

"All right..." she responded as she turned around. Farhan intended to take her hand in his, but he knew she wouldn't like it. He wants her to feel safe and comfortable around him. As a result, he refers to her as "Alif."

She turned to face him. Farhan moved closer to her. "What do you want to do with Saif," Farhan stated seriously as he came to a halt One foot away.

She gives him a serious stare. "I don't want him near you, I don't want him to hurt you," alif said, looking down. "I'm not going to talk to him, I'm very upset with him, and I thought he'd understand -"

"I'll get him out of here if you want me to" Looking her in the eyes, Farhan said.
She takes a step forward. She swiftly said, "No, don't do it." Farhan nodded.
"I need to cheek on Yusuf, then I will be heading home" alif said walking away

—-

Yusuf closed his eyes as Alif sat next to him, caressing his hair. "Kiss me, favorite Doctor," Yusuf said as Alif smiled and kissed his forehead.

(Farhan was behind Yusuf door lisenting to their conversations)

"You know, I thought I'd never be happy again after my mother died...but then you came along and changed my life... " Yusuf admitted that when he stood up, tears welled up in his eyes.

"Today, Yusuf baby, cry... cry... let out whatever's inside you that's hurting you. Im  here to help you..." Looking into his eyes, Alif said.

Yusuf began weeping uncontrollably. He was hugged by Alif. His back was patted.
Along with him, she began to cry.

"Yusuf dear, I miss my mom too, but we can't keep staying in the same place our whole life. Look she will be always in your heart.... moms have a special place trust me" She said kissing him. She wiped his tears away.

(Farhan behind, had some tears in his eyes)

"Now smile," alif remarked, "I have wonderful news for you." Yusuf takes a glance at her.

"Starting next week, I'll be working here taking care of you," alif replied. Yusuf yelled loudly and hugged her... he began kissing her.

She laughed "alright...alright stop" Yusuf smile and step back.

"All right, I'll go now; I've got some work to do"

Just then Farhan enter "Baba....favorite doctor will be here with me next week," Yusuf remarked, smiling.