Chapter 19

One week later. Hamid was at home, while Alif was working in the hospital; later, around 5 p.m. Alif was off work. She was walking toward her car when a black car stopped in front of her. Alif became afraid and stepped back. Farhan got out. Alif sighs with relief."Farhan," Alif said, moving in front of him. She punched his chest gently a few times.Farhan smiled, held her hands, and kissed them. "Different car today, huh? I believed it was someone else for a second; why do you keep doing this? I was really afraid."

"Okay, I won't do it again" Farhan kiss her forehead

"Hey, no more kisses, remember that we aren't married yet" alif said stepping back.
" I will kiss you many times I want" alif walk past him. Farhan ran in stop infront of her, "sorry..... let's go" Farhan said

Alif looked at him and asked, "Where?" "Restaurant, I'm hungry" "I can't, I have to go-" Farhan cut alif.He holds her hand, "pretty please" and laughs.Farhan assured him that his men would drop off his car later.

Later they arrived at the restaurant, Farhan instead of eating, he was staring at her.

(This is how she look)

Alif wipes her mouth with a tissue, looks up, and he is staring at her, "you okay?" Alif replied with an uneasy smile, and Farhan didn't respond.

"Farhan, I need to check on Hamid too, so hurry! Hey, I have a question. Please answer it honestly." Farhan nodded, "Was there anyone else in my life before I lost my memory?" Alif observed his reaction.

Farhan's face changes. "Why are you thinking about this?" Farhan took a deep breath and remembered the promise he made not to yell at her."Queen, why ask this sudden question?" Alif recognized Farhan's attempt to maintain control."There is this man named Saif who thinks he knows me. He says he loves, we were getting married, however" she pauses to observe his reaction.

"Where is he now? Have you met him? What else did he say?" Farhan got up out of his chair.Alif reaches for his hand, and she holds it hard.He sat back down. "Relax; I'm simply asking you some questions. I could have hidden it from you, but I wanted to ask you," Alif stated.

Farhan told her the entire narrative from beginning to end, including how he sent him away.Alif was surprised, but she nodded."Block his number, and if he talks to you again, tell him you're married; we did our small nikkah," Farhan said. Alif nodded and pulled her hand back."I need to go," Alif replied, standing up.Farhan pays the bill and walks out of the restaurant with Alif.Later, while driving, Farhan asked her, "You said you wanted to meet Hamid today?"Alif did not look at him, "Not today, maybe tomorrow, drop me home"

When they arrived, Farhan opened the car door for her, and she stepped out. She noticed that her car was parked.She said "thank you" with a smile.Farhan takes her hand and says, "When do you want to get married?" Alif leaned closer to Farhan's ear and smirked, saying "never" before pulling back. Farhan held her waist. Alif gasped, "Don't play games with me queen." Farhan smirked, "I'll tell you later, leave me." Farhan's phone rang, and he answered, "Okay..... okay, I'll be there." Farhan remarked worriedly and disconnected the call, "What happened?" Alif said.Holding his hand. "Yusuf is in the hospital, and I have to go," Farhan remarked, stepping back and getting inside the car, Alif got inside along with him.

When they arrived, Alif dashed inside; because she is a doctor they let her in while Farhan was forced to wait outside. When Alif exited the room, Farhan raced to hug her.Farhan was in tears. Alif hugged Farhan and massaged his back, reassuring him that he is fine despite having surgery on his leg. "He's sleeping now." Alif noticed Farhan's grasp tightening, and he buried his face in her neck which was still covered. After some time farhan and Alif just stood there; Alif was weak and couldn't push him, so she cupped his face and he pulled back.She brushed away his tears. She cupped his face. "He's fine."

Alif said, "Bend down to my level." "What?" Farhan then bent down to her level.Alif kissed Farhan's forehead and said, "Everything is fine...okay." Farhan smiled and nodded. "They said that he fell down the stairs." Alif held his hands, and Farhan rested his head on her shoulders. He closes his eyes.

3 days later

Farhan took Yusuf home today and carefully placed him on the bed from his wheelchair. He put the covers over him. Just then, Alif entered the room, "Baby....you're home," he remarked with a smile. She'd brought some chocolates and homemade soup. She got near him and kissed him."How are you?" "I'm fine, doctor. Thank you for the chocolates." Alif smiled. "You're not eating the chocolates first?" Yusuf nodded. Hamid approached them and inquired about their whereabouts. Yusuf nodded and smiled. Alif fed him the soup

Later Yusuf Hamid was asleep, and Alif and Farhan left the room, carefully closing their door. Farhan took hold of her hand. He approached the balcony with her. Farhan turns to Alif.He held her hands and whispered, "Thank you for everything," kissing them. Alif pulls back. "Hey, it's fine, don't bring it up." Alif smiled."Remember the hug in the hospital" Farhan said. Alif asked, "Can we hug again?" and laughed, "Why?" "What do you mean by why?"Alif did not respond. "Hey, I was thinking we should get married next week" stated Farhan.Alif nodded. "Wait, did you just agree with me?"