Chapter 16

"let us commence today's conference, I have gone around to the Anorchun clan to ask for advice in such matters, and the best they could offer is to return to the place where you were teleported from so we might be able to collect some more clues about the wish made by the caster," said Lan Qiren as he tenderly drank his tea.

"grandmaster, we should all leave at once," said Jin Zixuan, as he got a small smile from Jiang Yanli. 

"No, I believe that Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian and the kids should go or otherwise it would look highly suspicious." said grandmaster Lan Qiren not wanting to spend any. 

"no!" exclaimed everyone but the Jiang brother and kids, 

"We all shall accompany them, " said Lan Wanji 

"yes, Wanji is right. I believe that the kids are in better hands with both their supposed parents," said Lan Xichen, who finally got an agreeing nod from his uncle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------When the melt comes to the mountains, it is the evergreens who show the season change first. Their white-winter coats are gaily swapped for deepest green, and the ground-snow remains glacial rivers for a time. A few more weeks will be rocks showing from the white, then the earth below. This is when the streams run fully when their life is infused with fresh water, pure and clean. Together with the birdsong, their watery percussion is the music of nature. That was indeed the purity and tranquillity of Gusu that the group had tried to leave swiftly, only to be halted by Jin Gauangyao. 

The group was waiting for the kids that had yet to arrive; hence the supposed parents were waiting at the altar of Gusu outlet when Jin Guangyao's voice emerged within the atmosphere. 

"er-gege, where are you going in the haist of this morning," said Jin Guangyao, who bowed towards the group. The group imminently returned the gesture, even Jiang Cheng, who had a small frown present on his face.

"We were about to head out with our-" replied Lan Xichen but was cut off when Jiang Yanli spoke out of turn.

"We were headed towards Yumiang Jiang for the sect alliance renewal as master Jin, and I yet have to sign the treaty, which is one of the oldest standing rituals in Jiang clan," lied Jiang Yanli as she lightly grabbed Jin Zixuan's arm who's cheeks were coloured a deep red, however, took this opportunity to grab the small girl by the waist to display their love publicly. 

"oh right, however that still doesn't tell me why er-gege and second master Lan are accompanying you," questioned Jin Guangyao. 

"Well, because I promised to show Lan-Zhan around and since he didn't want to go alone, sect leader Lan is joining us," said Wei Wuxian, who got a glare from Lan Wanji in return which was responded by Wei Wuxian's casual smile. Lan Wanji looked away; however, his red ears had not gone unnoticed by Wei Wuxian, who reddened harder in response. 

"oh right, well then er-gege can I join you," asked Jin Guangyao with his convincing smile as his dimples shown brightly. 

"yea-" Lan Xichen was once again cut but this time by Jiang Chiang, who had subconsciously spoke out of turn,

"no, Lan Xichen promised to spend time with me," said Jiang cheng as he tugged gently on the taller man's sleeve. Jiang cheng's mind had stopped functioning due to the overload of emotions; he had never acted like that ever, not even with Wei Wuxian. 

"I understand then I shall be on my way," said Jin Guangyao, who bowed sincerely but glared at Jiang cheng, who glared back in return but slightly hid behind Lan Xichen, who apologetically smiled at his sworn brother. 

Jin Guangyao smiled gently and walked away as the sound of rumbling and thundering came down the stairs as four disciples completely dressed in white run down the stairs missing the yellow hat dwarf by a second.