Chapter 17

The escape from the Gusu clan was swift as the six couples rode within carriages with Lan Wanji, Lan Shizui and Wei Wuxian in the first carriage; the second carriage consisted of Lan xichen, Lan Jingyi and Jiang Wanyin. The last carriage consisted of Jin Lin, Zizhen, Jiang yanli and Jin Zixuan.

Within the first carriage, the silence lasted about fifteen minutes until Wei Wuxian's whining commenced.

"Lan Zhan, A-Yuan, will you not play music for poor old me, I am bored, and this voyage is also 2 days long?" asked Wei Wuxian, who was currently leaning on A-Yuan's shoulder.

"Dad would like me to play the guqin, I can play your favourite melody, or at least the future you likes it," said Lan Shizui, who hides a small frown as he missed his beloved parents from his time. This action did not go unnoticed by Wei Wuxian, who gently placed his finger's under Shizui's chin and connected their eyes.

"I Would love that," said Wei Wuxian with his bunny smile and for Shizui, for a mere second, he thought he saw his dad from the future.

"Father, can I borrow your Guqin? I left mine in our time period," asked Lan Shizui with a small smile, who got a nod in response as he slowly walked to the end of the carriage to grab the instrument. The boy dressed in white slowly unravelled the instrument out of the case, sat it across from himself, and started playing a tune he heard about a million times; Wangxian.

The tranquil melody fluttered through the small carriage, slowly making Wei Wuxian sleepy; however, the discomfort of not being able to rest his head made him restless until he was gently pulled in by Lan Wanji, making sure that the other boy could rest his head on his shoulder which was no longer tense but soft for the boy to fall asleep on.

Shizui continued to play the melody smoothly as he watched the romantic scene unfold as his father gazed at his dad, only to fall soon asleep next to his dad. It really made him wonder if he was still in the past.

The second carriage, Jiang Cheng, Lan jingyi and Lan Xichen, were as loud as ever, with the dad and son duo arguing about various things. Unlike the previous carriage, the three were in an intense game of Ludo.

"Jingyi, you brat, how dare you kill me? I saved you from you before," yelled Jiang cheng, who's currently passing the dice to his supposed husband, who has a smile present on his face.

"Wanyin, look, I could kill you, but I won't," said Lan Xichen as he moved his other piece and continued to goal.

"You don't have to do that for me," said Jiang cheng looking to the side to hide his blush; for some reason, he keeps embarrassing himself in front of the other quite a lot today. Lan Xichen had noticed the sudden change and expression of feeling recently as well, and for some reason, he was drawn towards it like a moth to the flame.

Lan Xichen was astonished at the out bust before leaving the premises when Jiang cheng showed an aggressive yet possessive display towards him. Although he wanted A-Yao to accompany them, it seemed that the angry lotus was against this, and some part of him didn't want to anger the beau- wait what.

The third carriage wasn't that different from the first two, with the two kids calmly playing chess as the future Jin royalty sat next to each other in pure bliss. The sound of Guqin accompanying their voyage as well as the other carriages.

Jin Zixuan had changed a lot since he had first seen how hard and difficult his child's future would be due to his stubborn and childish self; hence he had decided to spend as much remaining time with his beloved if he could, even though he knew that there might be a possibility that they might not vanquish in this life he still cherished every minute with the Jiang princess.

Jiang Yanli had a similar thought process, and she gently brushed Jin Zixuan's front hair and tucked it behind his ear. The man smiled at her from below, where he lay his head on her lap. The romantic moment makes Jin Ling revolt and adores all at once but he decided to continue his game with Zizhen who was still struggling. The first day of travel had yet to come to an end with a campfire dinner.