chapter 21

"Who may I ask are you?" asked Lan Wanji, who was rudely interrupted during his apology,

"Wei Wuxian's husband," said Hwang ji yeop, who now stood on equal grounds to the man dressed in white.

"What" exclaimed Lan Wanji and Wei Wuxian at the same time.

"I am joking, Wei Ying, however before this priest interrupted us, I must ask what business would you have here," asked Hwang ji yeop, who ignored the latter's question and presence and quickly grabbed Wei Wuxian's hand and pulled him closer.

However, Lan Wanji didn't just stand there watching. He quickly grabbed him and pulled him right behind him to shelter him from the newfound enemy.

"Calm down, Lan-Zhan, he is my friend from the bethrol," mumbled Wei Wuxian

"Calm down? Calm down? Wei Ying, he was the one that gave-" started Lan Wanji but was rudely interrupted once again,

"Yes, I gave him those little love bites; he liked them very much," said Hwang ji yeop proudly as Lan Wanji clutched his sword tightly.

"Hao De Hao De, your two before we start another fight between us, let us all calm down, Hwang ji yeop we are here for some family business and were actually heading towards the back of the Hwang mountain region to investigate something," said Wei Wuxian who didn't want to explain the whole story.

"But the road to the mountain region is closed until tomorrow due to the eclipse tonight," said one of the soldiers next to the carriage.

Abruptly the said carriage started swinging and jumped out a beautiful, elegant girl, who walked up to her brother and questioned why they had stopped but rejoiced when she saw her companion from nights ago.

"Wei Ying," said Xia, who happily smiled at the boy and gave him a small kiss on the cheek; Lan Wanji glared at the floor in anger, one could kill it would be his glare, but when he felt Wei Wuxians hand slowly slip into his behind their back, he calmed down a bit.

"A-ying, please stay at our chrysanthemum-pier today; while it is true we met at the bethrol, my brothers and I are the royalty of this clan, and we wish to thank you and your brother for that amazing night," said Xia as she smiled Wei Ying who returned the favour.

"Yes, Wei Ying, stay with us today, and we shall also provide you with a carriage for tomorrow when you leave for the Mountain region," said Hwang ji yeop

"Please A-Ying," said Xia as she dragged Wei Wuxian towards the carriage that was headed to the royal courts.

"Hao De Hao de, but I have nine other travellers with me, and I think they might be too much for you guys to handle," said Wei Wuxian.

"Do not worry, Wei Ying. Our royal courts are big enough to handle more than a hundred people," said Hwang ji yeop.

"Okay, I'll go inform the others said Wei Wuxian, who was about to walk in when Xia stopped him,

"actually, is Jiang Cheng with you? Can I meet him please," said Xia, who smiled shyly at Wei Wuxian.

"Xia, did you just say Jiang Cheng is here," came a voice from behind; it was Eun-woo who had swiftly gotten off his white horse and made his way towards the trio.

"Yes, he is inside," said Wei Wuxian, who was no sooner left in the dust as the two siblings raced inside to greet their beloved.

The outside party was left in uncomfortable silence as Hwang ji yeop slowly walked towards his horse and mounted up the beautiful creature; he smiled at Wei Wuxian once again.

"Wei Ying, I shall go ahead and prepare for your arrival, by the way, the option of rooming with me-" started of Hwang ji yeop but was cut off by Lan Zhan Saying.

"No"

"Okey Okey, Wei Ying, I'll see you soon," said Hwang ji yeop as he rode off into the distance.

Lan Wanji took this time to drag Wei Wuxian behind the Inn away from the eyes of the foreign; he finally had peace when he looked down to see his Wei ying away from others yes his regardless of what happened between him and that Hwang ji yeop fellow he would not let Wei Wuxian end up with a flirt like him.

"Lan Zhan, I need to apologise for yesterday. A-yuan turned out to be a great responsible kid, all thanks to you," said Wei Wuxian as he smiled at the man in front of him who was still holding onto his arm

"Wei Ying, I should be the one apologising; I was angry I didn't mean it I don't want Wei Ying to die," said Lan Wanji, who pulled Wei Ying in for a small hug, something he had learned from his brother when the other was trying to comfort him when they had lost their mother.

Wei Wuxian was shocked at the sudden hug, but when he felt Lan Wanji's heart beating next to his ear, he could help but ease into the hug; they stayed like that for a minute. The tree behind them gushed as the soft breeze blew over, but when a slither was heard, Wei Ying quickly let go Of Lan Wanji and grabbed the slippery snake, which gave Wei Wuxian a deep bite before being hauled into the air by the said man who panicked due to the pain.

"Ah Lan Zhan, it hurts, my wrist," said Wei Wuxian, who held his wrist tightly.

" Wei ying, let me see the bite mark," said Lan Wanji as he grabbed the man's hand forcefully.

"The snake was not poisonous, but its bit into a direct vein; we need to stop the bleeding," said Lan Zhan as he pressed tightly around the wound. Wei Wuxian took out his water bottle and gushed down the remaining on the wound to clear it. However, the sting made him moan out in pain.

Lan Wanji looked at the other in concern; however, when the other man moaned, his ears blushed a bit; he quickly took off his headband and tied it around Wei Wuxian's wrist tightly to stop the other man from bleeding.

"Lan Zhan, your headband will get dirty," said Wei Wuxian.

"It is yours. I have another in my room, keep this one," said Lan Wanji as he walked away towards the inn, leaving a confused Wei Wuxian who had yet to understand what Lan Wanji meant when he gave away his ribbon to the red ribboned man on a silver platter.

An/ please vote/ working on next chapter now maybe double update.