chapter 18

At the campfire, many various topics came up, such as how was Gusu-Lan in the future or how did the wen's perish hence Lan Shizui decided to tell them about the future and how tragically it unfolded:

"After Dad went back to his sect after finishing his training and a series of disastrous events such as the Wen Clan attacking and massacring the entire Jiang Clan, dad sacrifices his golden core to save the life of his clan leader Jiang. The spiritually weak dad was tortured and thrown into the Burial grounds," said Shizui, who was glaring at the fire as he could not look at the shocked faces of his father, uncle and Aunt. Lan Wanji clutched his sword as he could not protect Wei Wuxian, although he didn't know why it wasn't his brother's duty to protect him.

"Uncle had to rebuild Yummiang Jiang all by himself," said Jin Ling, who softly smiled at his uncle as a way of showing sympathy. 

"father tried to persuade him to give up on such ways of cultivating his spirit but all in vain. Wei Wuxian lost his reputation and turned into an exiled outcast overnight. Only father stood by him till the last, trying every possible measure to keep him from sinking to the bottom. With lady Yanli's death during the night-less city fight, defeated distressed dad let himself fall off the cliff and father could not save him." continued Lan Shizui, but he didn't stop before telling the next part about Wei Wuxian's resurrection. 

 "But Wei Wuxian came back thanks to mo Xuang's sacrifice, but he always covered his face behind a mask to hide his identity from the world, but father still recognised his soulmate at first glance, whose death he had been mourning over for so many years." continued Lan Shizui as tears started forming in his eyes, he remembered very well those marks on his father's back. Wei Wuxian slowly hugged the boy from the back and hushed him as if he was a five-year-old. 

"BUT DAD DIDN'T DO IT, IT WAS THAT STUPID JIN GUANGYAO, DAD WAS WRONGLY BLAMED," cried shizui, who was crying into his dad's chest. 

"A-Yuan, it is ok, I am here, I will not leave you or Lan Zhan this time, I promise," said Wei Wuxian as his son slowly calmed down. 

"We will save everyone this time," said Jiang Yanli as she patted her brother's back gently.

"But we don't have a jin Guangyao that I know off," said Jin Zixuan.

"It's that midget with the hat longer than Koi tower," spat Jin Ling as he ate his food,

"what midget? Wait, you can't mean," stammered Jin Zixuan, his face paled, but when his eyes met Lan Xichen, who had gotten up and stormed off. 

"Meg Yao?" said Jin Zuxian

Jiang Cheng felt that weight on his chest again, similar to the one this morning; it felt as if an elephant had stomped its huge foot on his chest. He couldn't breathe. It stung more than hurt, over and over and over again. Jiang Cheng wanted nothing more than hiding somewhere eyes could no longer linger. But when he felt his son slowly walk towards him and cup his cheeks as if he was the child in their respected relationship, he couldn't help but be astonished.  

"Dad, forgive him, it's ok, he will come around the truth sooner or later," said Jingyi as he smiled gently at his father who hugged his son back tenderly leaving a few small kisses on the other's head. 

"Thank you Jingyi," said Jiang cheng as he closed his eyes and said his goodbye to the first day of their voyage.