chapter 23

In the end, Jiang cheng road with Xia, however, promised that he would be roaming next to Eun woo for the night, all to Lan Xichen's demise. Although it was true, he was still beating due to losing his loved one on a betrayal basis. Seeing Jiang Wanyin get comfortable with the Hwang Siblings was worse.

But getting Jealousy was not an option for him; sure, they might have had a few drinks and had an adventurous night and became good friends, but something in his mind was still at unease. Did he want to court Jiang Wanyin? Did he find the other male attractive? Surely Wanyin liked him back, right? He was possessive towards him when Meng Yao...sorry A-Yao...What is wrong with me? Surely the one I like all this time is A-Yao, right?.

Lan Xichen was deep in unworldly thoughts when a guard announced that they had reached their destination; The Hwang palace.

The palace had a way of belonging to the earth it graced. Of greys and browns were its walls of, the kind of stone that reflects sunlight into the ambient soul. The poles hug with flags of green that showed explicit attachment for its motherly residence. Truly another haven placed upon the human.

The Gates of the said Palace was opened by the Crown Prince who had made all the needed arrangements and freshened up to wear the Royal Navy uniform to hone the subjects that stood in clear file behind him.

"Welcome to our Hwang-palace, Wei Wuxian, Jiang cheng, and the remaining, we are honoured to host your stay here at our home," said Hwang ji yeop as delivered a courtesy bow but winked at Wei Wuxian, who waved back with his injured arm displaying the Lan headband leaving the land in turmoil.

If Lan Qiren were present, one would say he would spit out the blood at the very scene. However, like all good things, the Hwang siblings welcomed the crew, who first showed them around their rooms; Wei Wuxian had his room next to Hwang ji yeop but changed as Lan Zhan requested him to do so much to the navy Prince's displeasure.

Lan Xichen wished he could have done the same with Jiang Cheng, but after the ugliness of the previous night, he couldn't even show his face to the other man, especially since Jiang Cheng had been avoiding him.

That night the dinner was served at the highest elevation with the most expensive dishes prepared. One could say it was a feast of sorts with everything from Lamb to sweetest beverages being present. Wei Wuxian used no manners and ate like a pig compared to the rest of the group, who ate elegantly.

"Jiang Wanyin try this," asked Eun-woo, said the man as he lightly pushed the piece of red meat towards the latter's mouth. Although Jiang Cheng was weirded out, he didn't want to cause a scene; hence obediently accepted the offering by slowly taking it in his mouth while containing eye contact with the other to show his submission to Eun-woo's request.

Eun-woo blushed fiercely at the deadly eye contact. He couldn't help but look away and whisper a small *Aish*. Jiang Cheng, who heard the other, tilted his head in confusion, which made the rest of the group adore the normally hot-headed tsundere. Everyone but Lan Xichen glared daggers at the two.

Jiang Cheng giggles again; unmanly it is, his muscles are shaking, and tears stream from his half-closed eyes. Lan xichen held his breath behind pursed lips to steel himself against the gales of laughter to come. They always do. He knew what's happened, Xia just told a lame joke, and now they're bonding over it with some alcohol. Now Jiang Cheng's telling some lame story about his Jingyi, I know he is without listening to the words. His face is lit up brighter, and he has that soft look on his face. It makes him wanna hurl.