Chapter 22

Inside the Inn, two loud visitors who passed no glimpses to anyone, rushed within, pushing and shoving only to locate a target known as the purple ribbon angle they had fallen for during their rebellious night out where they pretended to be the newly hired staff so they could experience the normal life at least once in their lifetimes. But when they saw him with another woman, they almost looked ill-spirited; however, they still approached the man.

"A-cheng," came Xia's voice, who rushed towards the bout in purple and hugged him from behind. The action irked Lan Xichen but didn't display emotions but beamed benevolently at the two new strangers.

"Jiang Wanyin," pronounced Cha Eun-woo,

Jiang Cheng, who had just taken a sip of cha, had spilt the damn thing out in one go as he got patted on his back by Jin Zixuan, who had finally arrived at the scene. The Scene also caught the attention of the four Lans who made their way towards the two new incomers.

"Xia and Eun woo what are you two doing here???" asked Jiang Cheng with the remaining dignity he had left,

"HUH!!! you don't know the Hwang siblings, the rulers family of the Hwang clan," exclaimed the waitress,

"What," yelped Jiang Cheng and his sister,

"A-Cheng, how are you familiar with the royalty of the Hwang clan," asked Jiang Yanli

"I met them at a betho* mumble*er," said Jiang cheng.

"Oh, I remember you are the pretty wait-" Started Jingyi but was cut off by Xia shushing the boy; Jiang Cheng rubbed his temples and sadly explained to the group about his drunken night out's madness that led to them becoming friends of sorts, Lan Xichen listen carefully as well.

"Jiang Wanyin, your brother, has already promised us that you and the group would be staying with us today as the path that your group must progress onward is ceased due to the Ghoul festival approaching tonight," said Eun woo

" WHAT THE FUCK, WEI WUXIAN? I WILL KILL YOU," exclaimed Jiang cheng as Wei Wuxian entered at the very time, speak of the devil thought Jiang Yanli.

"A-Xian, how could you make plans without informing us?" urged Jiang Yanli, who was just as frustrated as her little brother but showed tried not to show her irritation.

"Sorry, Shidi, but Hwang insisted, and I could say no to him," said Wei Wuxian with his bunny smile, who got a glare from everyone present, including Lan Shizui. Lan Wanji joined them after he had gone up to grasp his spare Headband; Shizui and Lan Xichen discerned and raised their eyebrow in bewilderment. Lan Wanji ignored the two and stood behind Wei Wuxian in patron clutching Bichen if anyone opposed going against him.

"Jiang Wanyin, please accompany me on my horse?" asked Eun woo with a sweet smile directed at the man standing next to him as he grabbed his hand to lead him away nearly as if he was a prince taking away his princess. But was stopped when a knight appeared and held the other man's arm in her own.

"No, A-cheng will ride with me in my carriage!" exclaimed Xia, who pulled the princess back to herself. The other nine people watched the drama occurring in front of them; Lan Jingyi pressed his temples as he far understood that today would be a long day filled with a lot of envy and hardship but smiled when he thought that it might just be for the better.