chapter 24

Stars filled the sky like pale corn into freshly turned ground. It was the promise of life in the darkness, a sense of warmth springing from the cold, thought Lan xichen as he made his way to his bedroom, which was not too far from his newfound love. But so was the second Hwang prince.

That night Lan Xichen spun and twirled in bed like an untended patient in agony. His mind was filled with nothing but the Purple Lotus. His Piercing Glare could run wells dry. His smile would invite the perpetual spring. When he is angry, he pouts, almost made him want to kiss the man on the cheek and hold him in his arms and calm the others gently by brushing his fingers over those delicate hair strands. Those very hair strands he would pull when he would-.

Before LAn Xichen could finish that thought of the train, he hastily stood up from the bed and walked towards the huge window and into the veranda as he noticed that the man next door's window was wide, wide enough to fit a man in. LAn Xichen's thoughts raced as he thought that maybe the second prince had sneaked in and - No...No

No

plan Xichen immediately grabbed his sword and jumped into the room only to see the man of his dreams lying down deep into slumber with no one else present. Lan Xichen slowly closed the window behind him and drew the curtains a bit so no one could see this ravishing sight. Lan Xichen bends over the side of the bed to take a closer look at the resting lotus, who he kissed gently on his cheek and played with the man's soft hair strands as he had previously fantasized.

Abruptly, Jiang Cheng opened his eyes when he felt someone caressing his skin, but when he saw uneasy Lan Xichen sitting next to his who had quickly withdrawn his hand, Lan Xichen held the very hand in his dream.

"Great, another dream about you; why don't you go bother that little midget? You test my patience even in my night visions," said Jiang Cheng, who pulled on the man's arm and dragged him onto the bed. The two sat across from each other on the bed closely.

"Wanyin do you wish to continue where we left off last night?" asked Lan Xichen, who bit his lip and lightly brushed the other's cheek as he decided to extend their little game.

"This," said Jiang Chen as he kissed the other man softly, but when he got the kiss back in return, he felt as if something was really there? as if the real Lan Xichen was there? But Jiang Cheng thought that couldn't be; he must be fast asleep right now dreaming about meng Yao.

The thought broke the kiss as he looked away.

"Please stop playing with my emotions; I know the real you like Meng Yao *sniff* I feel guilty just looking at you when you appear in my dreams and do this stuff," said Jiang Wanyin as a small tear fell down his left cheek. Lan xichen Pushed the other boy on the bed and hugged him tightly, and whispered

"I would never leave you."

"Jiang Wanyin, I truly love and desire you, yes I liked Meng Yao, but you are all that I have ever thought about for weeks,"

"Wanyin, I am yours forever," whispered Jiang Cheng

"And I yours," said Lan Xichen, who cuddled the other boy throughout the night to keep him warm.