Chapter 19

The next day's voyage was quite the complete opposite to the day before, especially with Lan Xichen's pessimistic attitude. He would not talk or glance at anyone even during the carriage ride he had opted out of his cart and into Lan Wanji's wagon with Shizui where the other two Lan's gave him the courtesy of not agitating him.

That day around midday, the group descended near the Hwang-clan; the passers didn't want to attract any unwanted attention to themselves. Hence, they decided to hide their high social status as much as possible; however, one would suspect that would be mission impossible with the following fools.

Jiang Yanli and Jin Zixuan had gone in early to the Inn that they would be staying in. However, the kids wanted to see the market. Hence they dragged along the two other supposed pairs out for the evening.

"A-Yuan, this is for you," said Wei Wuxian as he handed his son a small wooden butterfly and smiled at the shorter boy.

"Xie Xie ni, dad," Lan Shizui smiled kindly and accepted the present.

"Shizui, isn't this for kids," said Jin Ling, who snatched the butterfly from Shizui's hand to take a closer look who got a small glare in return.

"And A-yuan is my little radish no matter how old he gets," said Wei Wuxian as he hugged his son and poked his tongue out towards the Jin Clan Successor.

"you-" said Jin Ling, who chased after Wei Wuxian with his sword as he handed the butterfly back to his newly bonded boyfriend, who smiled once again at his present.

"Wei Ying do not spoil, Shizui," said Lan Wanji as he stopped the two from running around; something about Jin Ling, although being Wei Wuxian's nephew, irked him.

"Lan Zhan, you have already spoiled my A-Yuan so much, you know he falls asleep at nine exactly, he can't even handle spice, aiya you were such a bad parent to my little Yuan," said Wei Wuxian, who kissed Shizui's forehead. Although a joke irritated Lan Wanji as Wei Wuxian had insulted him as a parent, he couldn't keep his emotions in when he accidentally blurted out.

"You were not present when Shizui was a child. You could have done a better job on it if you hadn't died," said Lan Wanji, but when he finished his sentence, he had instantly regretted it. Wei Wuxian head hung low in disappointment and shame. But when it finally rose, he had a tiny bunny smile present. His eyes teary when he finally spoke.

"A-Yuan, I am sorry, I think I will go back to the inn tonight early," said Wei Wuxian as he mounted Suibian and left without saying another word when a small droplet fell from the sky onto Lan Wanji's stock face. But it wasn't raining.

"Jingyi would you like me to buy you one as well," spoke Lan Xichen for the first time that day as he gave his son a small smile, who nodded in disagreement.

"It's ok, father, I do not need one," said Jingyi, when he was swiftly patted on by his other parent, who had a small dog wooden toy in his hand, his face looking away to keep his emotional side well hidden.

"This is for you, although you are my son, and I shouldn't spoil you but take it as *cough* as a then-*cough*-s for yesterday," said Jiang cheng, who mumbled the last part.

"Aiya, but, Jiang Sect leader you did spoil him in the future," said Zizhen as grinned Jingyi who got a  fierce glare which sent shivers down both their spines, no matter what time period it was the boys understood very well never to offend the Sandu Shengshou.

"Hao De Hao De, Wanyin let Jingyi be," said Lan Xichen, who pulled the dad away from their adoptive son and future son in law.

"Zizhen, look, they have boba," yelled Jingyi as he took this moment to run away, and Zizhen soon followed after his lover as the two ordered at the nearby store, leaving the two sect leaders to awkward silence.

"Sect leader Lan, I -" started Jiang cheng but couldn't say another word, he wanted to ask if the other man is doing ok, Jiang cheng knew that the Lan Xichen just found out that his Lover was indeed the mastermind behind all the murders that are too take place. Still, he felt more upset knowing that Lan Xichen was concerned about Meng Yao.

"Jiang Gongzi, I advise you not to get into my personal business, I understand that we act in a certain manner in front of Jingyi because we want him to feel at ease, but when it comes to our own reality, I believe one should have more reign over the future than faith," said Lan Xichen as he walked towards the nearby stall.

Author's note - To my beloved readers, sorry this update took so long. I keep getting writer's blocks, and I am trying my best to update with time; I have updated twice today, so please enjoy. I think I know of a good ending but still pondering. Also, I know the Lan brothers seem a bit rude but honestly speaking a little bit of angst adds to their personality and a quick happy ending seems unrealistic however that doesn't mean there won't be one. Keep reading to find out how Xicheng and Wangxian end up together hehe. Have a blessed day/night.