SIXTY

» [castle- corvyx] «
0:48 ─〇───── -3:25
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

"Howard." Peggy screamed as she watched Howard fly off in one of his planes and towards New York.

Evelyn's lips parted in shock, if Howard dropped the Midnight Oil on New York, he would never forgive himself. The guilt would eat him alive.

"How long until he reaches New York?" Peggy questioned as she unloaded the weapons from the trunk of the car and handed them to everyone.

"12 minutes. Maybe less." Sousa shrugged, he was exactly sure but he knew that they didn't have as long as they would have liked.

"Maybe we could talk him down." Jack suggested, cocking his gun and looking across to Evelyn.

Her eyes hadn't left the plane and it kept getting smaller and smaller in the distance. She anxiously chewed on her nail, wondering how they were going to snap Howard out of the hypnotism.

"You think he'd listen?" Sousa asked as he turned to face Jack almost in disbelief.

"Chief did." Jack nodded. He knew that Evelyn cared for Howard, so he would do everything in his power to bring him back safely to her.

"Radio room?" Peggy questioned.

"Second floor of the hangar." Jarvis responded and Evelyn wasted no timing in rushing into the building.

She didn't care that the others were shouting at her to come back, or that she went into the building completely defenceless. She just needed to save Howard.

The brunette managed to get to the radio room and that was when she noticed that Dottie and Ivchenko were in there, talking to Howard over the radio.

Peggy held her gun close to her, her finger hovering over the trigger as she made her presence known to Evelyn. The girl jumped slightly at the fact that Peggy had been so quiet and stealthy, but quickly relaxed once she knew it was just her.

"Focus, Howard. You're doing very well." Ivchenko encouraged over the radio.

"Hands up." Peggy announced as she pointed the gun towards Dottie.

Ivchenko's hands instantly flew up, unlike Dottie, who slowly tried to pull out her gun. Evelyn chuckled at the woman before tutting and saying,

"Loose the gun, blondie." She waited until Dottie dropped the gun before continuing. "Slowly, move away from the radio."

"Peggy, it's so swell to see you." Dottie turned face the woman with a sickeningly sweet smile. She then kicked her leg around and hit the gun out of Peggy's hand.

Evelyn pulled out a small gun that previously belonged to Bucky, and pointed it towards Ivchenko, whilst Peggy fought Dottie. The girl knew that Peggy was more than capable of taking down Dottie.

"Move." Evelyn pointed for him to move further away from the radio.

"You're not going to shoot me, Doctor." Ivchenko spoke slowly, twirling his ring around his finger. "You're a doctor, you won't kill me or anyone."

"I think you underestimate how much I care about Howard Stark." Evelyn spoke confidently. She knew that if she let her voice shake, then he wouldn't believe a word she said.

Truthfully, Evelyn wasn't sure if she could shoot him. He was right, she was a doctor, she swore to protect and help people. She swore to save them rather than take their lives.

"You can't hypnotise me, doctor." Evelyn hissed through her teeth. "I thought you would have learnt that by now." The girl narrowed her eyes and she looked directly at the man. "Now, move back."

Ivchenko slowly moved back, giving Evelyn a chance to talk to Howard over the radio. She pressed the button and leant close to the microphone, saying,

"Hey, Howard, it's Bernie, can you hear me?" She waited for a moment. But just before Howard could even response, Dottie grabbed the girl and threw her back into the wall.

Evelyn hissed in pain as her head slammed against the wall and she cut her face on the broken glass on the floor. Slowly, she brought her hand up to touch her now cut cheek and grimaced at the sight of her own blood.

Dottie told Ivchenko to leave and Peggy made eye contact with Evelyn. An anger surged through Peggy as she watched Ivchenko run away and Dottie look so smug about hurting Evelyn. Peggy watched as Dottie smashed the window with a bat before kicking her through and watching as Dottie hit her head on the plane and remained unconscious.

"Bernie, are you okay?" Peggy questioned as she rushed toward the brunette. She slowly helped Evelyn stand up.

Peggy cupped the girls cheek and her gaze softened once she saw the cuts on Evelyn's face. She knew for certain that Jack wouldn't be impressed with the fact that she was hurt and that he would probably end up blaming Howard for it.

"I'm alright, Peg." Evelyn nodded, attempting to reassure the girl. The cuts stung, but it wasn't anything overly unbearable. She had worse so she just shrugged it off like it was nothing to worry about. Evelyn could just imagine how upset and angry Jack would be when he next saw her.

The girls shared a nervous look, knowing that Ivchenko was on the run and would be able to attack and hypnotise Sousa and Jack. They couldn't have that. They both cared about the men, in their own ways.

"Fennhoff's escaped the radio room." Peggy informed the two men over the radio, she needed them to be aware and to stay safe.

"We'll get him." Sousa responded.

Evelyn anxiously waited to hear Jack's voice. She just wanted to know if he was okay or not. Her hands began shaking and she nervously chewed her bottom lip.

"Marge, is Evie okay?" Jack questioned, his voice laced with worry and concern.

Peggy looked up to Evelyn before looking back down at the radio. She knew that if she mentioned Evelyn had so much as a little scratch, their plan would turn to shit. She needed him to stay focused.

"I'm fine, Jackie." Evelyn's soft voice echoed over the radio. "I'll see you real soon okay?"

"You bet, darling."