Chapter 5

Week later,

Taani stood in the center of road checking her car engine. She cursed unbelievably. It was almost 7.30pm and she had been late. Before half an hour, Rithvik had called her and asked to get a CD from his house which he had forgotten. He was in academy working with the choreography routines of Bangalore team. Since he couldn't leave his students to brood, he called Taani who would be his only savior.

Taani paced for several more minutes finally picking up her phone to call someone who could aid her. Before even she could press call button, a white car stopped in front of her. Slowly, the wind shields lowered and she wished to curl into a mud ball Faraway from his sight. Rey stared opening his mouth but thought against it. It was kriya who spoke, next. Which is when Taani realized Kriya was sitting next to Rey in car. "Hey Taani" she waved little uncomfortably. "Hello, there" Taani responded in a low voice. "What are you doing here?" Kriya asked with an indifferent tone. Taani averted her gaze from Rey and concentrated on the chic. She was wearing knee length white dress. Suddenly she remembered how exactly she wore the similar dress and tried to impress Rey. That felt so long ago. "Taani…." Kriya snapped her finger. "Oh…. I'm on my way to academy. Rithvik kuch CD bhul Gaya ta... So he called me to get it…But…. unfortunately my car has been broken" Taani smiled to make things comfortable between the three.

"Well then…. We are on the way back to dormitories. You can join us. I'll drop you off" Rey spoke cautiously. Taani met his eyes. And she couldn't help but to feel how glorious it was to look him in the eye and not to turn away. There was a time when she understood each and every meaning of his expression. But now looking into those pair of pupils did give her nothing. It was blank. It was expressionless when he watched her. "Yes, Taani. You should join us" Kriya looked in between them agreeing.

"No, thanks. I'll manage" Taani wasn't sure what made her to tell it. Perhaps it was either the sight of both alone or her inner conflicts. To contradict her statement, the sky opened pouring an outburst of rain. Taani cursed inwardly. "Atleast now you can't deny. Come on in" Rey gave a triumphant smile. It was the first time he had smiled looking at her from the moment they met at academy. They never were alone. They always surrounded by people. She sighed giving in.

"Should I call someone to check up on the car?" Rey watched her sitting in the back of the car. She gazed through the closed window sills watching the downpour in city. She looked exactly the same. Her big eyes, plump lips, angular face and her straight curls. She was indeed pretty as always. But something has changed. Her dressing sense has been completely transferred. It wasn't like she wore all those mini skirts and sexy clothes. Instead she had opted for something she was comfortable with. Jeans and a yellow t-shirt enhanced her beauty in a subtle manner. He noticed the nervousness in her voice whenever she was around him. They never got any alone time. He was thankful for that, though. He didn't know what exactly he wished to speak or have a quality conversation. "That's not a problem. I have already texted Wahi. He will be on the way to check it out. Thanks anyway" she whispered. "You both look very close, Taani" Kriya took that exact moment to comment. Rey watched her through the mirror trying to catch a glance of her expression by that question. Taani met his eyes through the mirror and for a second both held their eyes. Then, Taani looked away. "Yes. He's a close friend of mine. So it's obvious that we are close enough" She said rather little rudely but gave a fake smile to Kriya.

"We had gone for dinner, Taani" Kriya spoke even though she no one asked. "Rey & I missed hanging out unlike in Mumbai. So we thought of exploring the city. So we thought of beginning it with a dinner date" she was pleased and beamed at rey. He responded with an intolerable tight lip sealed smile. Kriya had nothing against Taani. But she didn't like how all they were in the same space. She had lost Rey once and she wasn't ready to lose him again for his ex's sake. She knew everything about Taani & Rey's relationship. Rey had confided in her when they started their relationship. Though she felt sorry for Taani, she was happy too. She wanted to up her game. If it means, showing Taani her exact place, then be it. She would do that. Taani wished she sat elsewhere. At least drowning in the rain was far better, she thought.