Chapter 8:

Author's note:

Hello lovely people,

There is a small confusion with the story for myself. So I'm putting up a question for you all. As you see, there are Taani's friends in the story and they are main characters as well. So the problem here is, one of my reader suggested to not break Kriya's heart and to pair up Taani and Rithvik. So I just want to know, how many of you think TaaRey deserves an happy ending together? Or happy ending with other character as their partner.

Though I despise Rey to the core for whatever he did to Taani, I still think Taani is the best partner for him. She brings out so many intense emotions in him. That's kind of surreal and I for once haven't seen him the same with any other characters. Though show didn't do any Justice to this pair, I started this story mainly to depict how important it is to have other aspects in a relationship other than love itself. There is no doubt Rey loved kriya too. But if Taani was in the equation, I would never doubt for a second that she would be the best match to him in any aspect. This is solely my perspective. So let me know your views so that I can plan how to construct the story further.

Thank you

Love
Asha!

Enjoy the chapter.

Chapter 8:

"Is there anything we need to know?" Wahi trotted towards surbhi & Rithvik yet watching TaaRey who were deeply immersed in each other. "Shayad…" Rithvik put his both hands in the pocket and didn't divert his gaze from TaaRey for a second, while Surbhi stood motionless.

A loud cheering erupted from the crowd and the jeering noise broke TaaRey's intense gaze. For a second, both stumbled their sight away unable to meet each other's eyes. Finally, taking a deep breathe Rey removed his hand from Taani's waist and let her go. She reciprocated the same awkward smile and nodded before going.

Whole D3 gang haven't recovered from the shock yet stood ogling them. "That was quite intense" Sharon mumbled not noticing Swayam still stood beside her. Swayam sorely felt the situation tricky. He looked at Kriya who watched them with a sullen face and felt bad for her.

Rey joined the gang while Taani met up with her friends. Kriya smiled which didn't reach her eyes and Rey observed it the minute he went back to her after dance. He didn't know what she felt. He just held her hand squeezing it. He didn't feel good doing so but he did. The dance with Taani had nothing to do with how he felt at the moment, he thought. But little did he know, that was the exact scenario which made him second guess all his actions.

"That was quite nice" Surbhi's lip curled up unable to withhold the excitement caused her. She so wanted to ask her friend whether what they saw was just casual or….. "That was just a normal dance" Taani eyed her friend suspiciously. She knew surbhi too well to judge her intentions. "Guys… I have an announcement to make… I'll be heading to the stage… you guys carry on" Wahi patted on Rithvik's shoulder and went away. The same moment Taani & Rey glanced towards each other and next second they redirected their gaze.

"Hello…. All…I'm back again as promised" Wahi spoke into his Mike. Whole hall went silent. "I request all of you to take your seats" he pointed towards the freshly arranged tables and chairs. People gathered around and sat with an excitement. Gang joined their seats with surbhi, Taani & Rithvik. "As I told, there's something special we had planned for the night. And I'm gonna reveal it now" he said. All sat in an anxious silence. "Do you guys know, what it is?" Vicky questioned looking at Surbhi, Taani & Rithvik. "Guess what?" Rithvik leaned closer to Vicky. "I think it's a surprise to us too" he retreated back & leaned on the chair. All others chuckled.

"Hard work must always be appreciated." Wahi spoke. "It's not me who says it, though I believe it. It's our boss, the one and only… Mr.Barun Sobti.." Just at the mention of his name and his belief, people in the lawn clapped mercilessly. Surbhi smiled inwardly. "Our boss has announced a double salary raise for all the employees associated with our academy" The noise grew louder and people clapped madly. Gang looked at each other in such a surprise. Surbhi, Taani & Rithvik looked unfazed knowing very well about Mr. Sobti. "That's not it. There is a special announcement to be made. To which, I would like to call upon Mr. Sobti on the stage, please" he clapped harder letting others to join him.

As Mr.Sobti landed on the stage, people shut their mouth and stared him in utter astonishment. It wasn't an everyday sight for all. So they were devouring it. "Good evening, all…. thank you Mr. Wahi" he nodded. "Every year, an award ceremony for the dance buisness delegates is conducted in India by Indian Dance Association (IDA)." Mr. Sobti watched the crowd. "As every year, our company had succeeded to grab the title of best Dance Institute of India." His tone raised joyously. "Yes…" Rithvik fist bumped his hand with Taani & Surbhi who clapped Merrily. The mob applauded ferociously. "Meanwhile, there is a special note mentioning two of our employees has been nominated in the 'Developing  entrepreneur of Dance' criteria" he announced. Everyone sat Gobsmacked. If receiving an award for that prestigious position is a dream, then just getting nominated for it is such a blessing. "Wow….yaar" Nil looked thoroughly impressed. "Who it maybe?" Kriya surprisingly sighed looking at Rey. He just shrugged. How could he know? "One day I will get it too. You know ... Recruiting and building more dancers like me" Sharon said to no one in particular. "Yes…" Swayam squeezed her hand making her blush in happiness.

"I know who they are" Rithvik muttered playfully. "Who are they?" Taani asked excitedly while Surbhi intervened "Really….how could you not tell us until now….idiot". Rithvik hardly suppressed a smile. Wahi had already left the cat out of his bag to him. But he couldn't share with the girls as it would destroy all the surprise.

"Well…everyone must be curious to know who they are… before i let their names out, let me tell u all… that those two have been selected for the nominations by the judge panel of IDA with whom no one does have any personal association. Also, these two have been selected among 5 branches of B&S academy in India. And they are…." He paused. People hooted crazily. "It's none other than the very punctual, intelligent and brilliant Mrs. surbhi sobti…." He smiled. A real smile of not being just her boss but the pride of having her as his wife. Surbhi opened her mouth stunned… Taani & Rithvik pulled her into a hug squishing her. "OMG.…" She whispered, receiving the congratulatory hands by gang and the noise of screeching hall. "And….and….there is one more…. The phenomenal manager I have seen in my entire buisness life…." He halted his speech for a second. Surbhi squeezed Taani's hand as if she knew who the other person was. "She's a true game changer of our company… and the most humble human being….Mrs.Taani Shekawat" he concluded. Taani sat stupified. "I so knew it." Surbhi screamed & squeezed Taani into a bone crashing hug. "Congratulations" Rithvik pulled her into a side hug and kissed her cheek. Wahi beamed from the podium while Mr.Sobti passed a genuine smile. D3 gang were amazed.

There were no words to spell for D3 gang. Not in their wildest dreams they have imagined Taani with such a opportunity in a dance field though she is simply a non dancer. Swayam was surprisingly shocked beyond but felt immensely happy for her. Rey's lips curled up astonishingly. He had always wished her to have success in heights. He had sacrificed himself to see her in this position. Proud would be an understatement. He felt incredible. How ironic it was! Once Rey faked he wanted Taani to be just like Sharon and today ….this moment….Sharon was wishing to be in Taani's shoes… Kriya clapped irrespective of the dislike she had for the girl.

Taani didn't utter a word but passed a teary eye towards Mr.Sobti. If it wasn't for him, probably she would have never grown out of her comfort zone. It was because of him she joined the academy irrespective of being a non dancer. It was him who had inspired her, believed in her when her confidence hit low. He groomed her in a way which made to love herself more and enjoy the life even. He was the one who built her to be what she's from the heart broken silly girl. There were times she wanted to quit and abandon it. But he didn't permit rather he empathized with her and gave soothing words. Exactly what she needed. She wanted to make him proud. Honestly, it would be a slap for all of those who thought she didn't had ambitions, dreams and enough efforts to achieve it. It's just that they never noticed or guided her in the process. They just dumped her on her own. Even her brother. He never cared for what she wanted with her life. Instead, he happily suggested his bf breaking her heart was the best idea to bring her in form. She closed her eyes and smiled as Rithvik and Surbhi sandwiched her in the middle with a cozy hug. A real smile of happiness of proving someone's belief in her.