Chapter 25

Vicky and Nil were waiting in the lobby for the past half n hour. They were at an agency to apply for loan. It was instructed by Rey on the phone. They were given the task of starting the construction of D3 academy. But building a dream office wasn't a cakewalk. There were lot of procedures and protocols to follow.

"Kya yaar… hum kabse wait Kar rahe hai" nil twitched in his seat irritated. "Mein jaake receptionist se puchti Hun ruko…" Vicky stood and trotted. "Excuse me…" he snapped his finger at the receptionist. "Hum kabse yaha wait Kar rahe hai… aap Hume agent se kab milaoge… see… we are in kind of hurry" he yelled little too loudly. Receptionist gave a him a Stern look. "Look sir, we understand your impatience. But there are people who are waiting before you… so please wait until the queue dissolves for you" she politely told, getting back to her work. "We cannot wait… you know… the appointment had been referred by Mr. Singhania… you cannot keep us holding up" his hand thumped on the table. Receptionist looked him deadly in the eye. "Reference may be for the work done but not to meet the agent, sir. And if I have to be honest you are crossing your line, sir. Please have your seat back. When it's your turn, we will inform you" she said with a straight face. Nil joined him listening to the loud voices. "How many times do I need to say?" Vicky roared back knowing how she dared to oppose. Now whole people stared them. "Security…" Receptionist called. Two broad men who were well built attended her. "I told you already. We cannot have customers who are violent with the staff here…" she pointed the security men to take him out. "Hey…" nil zeroed on them. Only to understand he would be lifted up by one of their hand. In this way, Vicky and nil were thrown out of the agency for their misbehavior.

******

"Dad… mom… aap dono yaha Kya Kar rahe ho…" Rithvik was surprised to see his parents. "Well… Hume information Aya hai ki… tume aur Taani ko... Engagement hone Tak wait nahi ho paraha hai…" Alok teased. "What?" Rithvik blushed despite knowing what they really meant. "Apke dad ka Matlab hai ki ab tum dono… is rishte ko aage badane ke liye tayyar hai…" Agasthya ruffled his hair. Rithvik stood speechless. Of course he couldn't wait to have Taani in his life. Though she reflected all his feels, he wanted to propose her. Both had never confessed what they felt for each other. He want to make sure that she desired him too. He wanted to know whether she dreamt of growing with him together. "But dad….mom..." Rithvik was finding a way to make them understand. "But wit… Kya hai, Rithvik…." Wahi and Surbhi entered his room. They hugged both Alok & Agasthya nodding their welcome. "Don't you want to marry Taani?" Surbhi questioned him though she knew the answer. "Of course I want to, Surbhi… how could you think otherwise?" Rithvik face palmed. "Then what's the problem?" Wahi put a hand on his shoulder. "I haven't even proposed her" he blurt out. His face flushed at the confession. All 4 of others chuckled unable to hold, seeing his kiddish face. "Then you do it…" Agasthya held his hands. "But mom… I don't know what Taani want?" He said truthfully. "Agar bataoge toh hi pata chalega na…" Alok suggested. "You should pull that negative thought right away, Rithvik… just tell her and listen to your self…" Surbhi aided his pessimistic mind. "Lekin kaise…." He sulked. "Ab ye bi mujhe hi tumko sikhana padega" Wahi tightened his grip on his shoulder. "You are not helping" Rithvik glared him sweetly. "Now… now… aaj shamko hum sab beach party pe jaa rahe hai… let's check your luck…" Wahi smirked patting his cheek. Rithvik was excited yet nervous.

******

"Beach party?" Barun didn't look up from his laptop. "I thought you could join us… Mr. Sobti… Jabse aap yaha aye ho… you are just busy with your work… have some fun, Mr. Sobti" Surbhi chucked the papers into it's place. His room was little mess with files, papers sprawled across the tiles. "I cannot, Mrs.Sobti. I have work to do…" he stared his monitor. "Please, Mr. sobti… It's just a matter of 3 hrs…" she rolled her eyes in disdain. "Don't irritate me, Surbhi. You just go. I have work to do and I cannot come. Why don't you understand?" He shrieked. He always called her Mrs.Sobti. Whenever he termed her with a first name, Surbhi, she sure knew he was annoyed. And his high pitch volume didn't help her. She shuddered at his disdain. Tears bowled up in the vessels but she wouldn't shed it. After a few seconds, he realised his mistake. "Hey... I didn't mean to..." He bounced straight to her. But it was too late. She was hurt. She passed him a strong hostile look and ran away. He rumpled his face, hitting the empty air in frustration.