Chapter 18

"Rithvik, there is a problem with the Barnes team" Wahi spoke into his microphone demanding him to reach RH assigned to Barnes team. Rithvik didn't waste a minute and reached out to the place. "What happened?" He demanded looking at the two injured team members. "They were practicing for an Arial act. Unfortunately the girl slipped causing both of them to injure severely." Wahi's face contorted in pain. There was lot of blood loss by the fall and stretchers were busy extracting them to the hospital.  "Would they be alright? It looks serious" Rithvik felt a pang. He knew the hurdles of backstage practices. These wounds were evidence of their hard work. Sometimes luck doesn't favor after all the hard wor. He felt awful for the team which consisted only two of them as they planned a couple performance. "They will be fine. There is a lot of blood loss but no broken bones. If they are given enough blood, they will be alright. But those fatal pain will stay for long. They need rest. And i don't think it's wise to ask them to participate for the event" Wahi described his opinions. Though he wasn't a doctor, he knew the basic of it. "We will find a way about performance later, Wahi. First, let us check them up" Rithvik told. Wahi nodded.

******

Taani sipped OJ going through some papers in her room. Surbhi dialed her phone constantly trying to reach someone. There was a knock on the door. "I'll check" surbhi pulled up not wanting to disturb Taani. "Hi" Sharon beamed waving her hand on the other side of the door. "Hello..." Surbhi looked surprised. "Er… come in…" she welcomed. "Hey, Taani" she waved. "Sharon… aap… yaha…" Taani forgot what she was doing. It was a surprise to see the diva Sharon Raiprakash visiting her late in the night. Surbhi's phone buzzed and she excused outside the lobby picking up her call. "Thank you for letting me share my room with Neha" Sharon genuinely appreciate her help. "That's fine…" Taani smiled not really expecting her to say it. "Aap… yaha… kuch kaam ta…" Taani asked looking her fidgeting. "Actually… could you join me for shopping, for weekend? I mean… it's just me and you …." Sharon stuttered each word. "Wooo…" Taani was stunned. "No force… if you like to join me… you can come… or else I understand…" Sharon clarified. "I would love to" Taani responded. She authentically willed to go with her. Sharon had never been rude to her or mocked her. If at all she was hurt by her, it was only because Rey made her feel so. And eventually she would be a family. Her sister-in-law. There was no harm in spending time with her when she made an effort. "Thanks, Taani… I look forward to it…" Sharon  hugged her before bidding a good bye. It was a beginning to mend some relationships.

******

"We are short of one performance." Rithvik announced in the meeting held in a common hall at apartment. Everyone gathered for a small meeting to discuss about the NGO event. Word was gone out about the Barnes team and everyone were aware of it. "All other 4 teams can perform as planned. We will think of a way to replace Barnes team, soon" Rithvik dismissed closing the meeting. All including gang gone out. "I have an idea" Wahi said. "What is that?" Surbhi passed him annoying look. "Why don't you and Taani perform?" Wahi suggested. Taani swore and choked. "Wahi… stop kidding…." She mumbled. "Why didn't I think of it?" Rithvik's face lit up. "Rithvik…." Taani looked aghast. "See… that will be a huge advantage to us, Taani. Rithvik is an international dancer and you are popular enough with your managing skills. People who attend the event would be even more interested to make their donations… just think of it…" Wahi pulled a triggering point. "That's all nice to know, Wahi… but I don't know to dance…" she shrieked in her lungs. "You danced better with Wahi, that day" Surbhi remembered their performance on the chemistry check. "Surbhi, it was casual movements. I'm not a dancer… let professional …" Taani didn't understood why her friends were being stubborn. "Taani… it's not necessary to be a dancer if you want to dance" Rithvik knew where those insecurities of her stemmed from. Before they grew into branches, he promised himself to cut of those poisonous leaves of her demons. "I will teach you. We have a month…" he held her hands making a promise. She looked at him. That was such an overwhelming gesture he made, she wanted to cry in happiness. But she knew her caliber. Well, she wasn't completely a non dancer. Though she knew kathak, all their dance styles were so different and she had no idea. "I don't know why am I putting myself in trouble when you say that you are with me" Taani spoke finally understanding she did everything Rithvik asked her to. "That's nice to know" he smirked. Surbhi realized something. Something she was already noticing yet unaware of. She couldn't stop smiling at the possibility. She gazed towards Wahi who was busy watching them. He was smug. And suddenly she understood.

TaaRey FF - Epiphany (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें