Chapter 13

"I'm extremely sorry for all the unfortunate events occured yesterday, Taani" Mr.Sobti apologized for the wrong deed done by gang. Taani felt feeble. She had no idea how the word had got to him. When Rithvik called before minutes informing her the issue, she felt powerless. She didn't expect Mr.Sobti to involve in it. She knew his wrath. She knew perfectly well he wouldn't forgive anyone messing with his employees. Though gang deserved every bit of her outburst, she wanted to neglect them. They didn't deserved her forgiveness. But now, when Mr.Sobti expressed his regret for someone's mistake, she couldn't take it. She couldn't put him through this unnecessary drama. "No, sir. It wasn't your mistake… please…" she couldn't imagine that man bowing his head for anyone's sake. "As much as I would like to think it wasn't my mistake, as your boss, I have a responsiblity towards you. And I failed in that…." His face scrunched looking towards gang "just because I let temporary people too free in my office…probably I didn't put the proper rules" his jaw hardened. Rithvik looked too angry. He had never seen his boss so vulnerable. "Sir, please... That wasn't your mistake in any way" Taani pleaded. She was already guilty enough to put him through this. His lips curled a bit sympathizing her.

"Sir, we are really sorry for whatever happened. We should have stopped when one of our gang member started going personal. But the damage is done and we cannot erase it." Sharon leapt forward. "Taani… I know….tum bahut gussa ho… no amount of our sorry will make everything right… but still ho sake toh plz hum sabko maaf kardena" she held Taani's hand and pleaded. Mr.Sobti and Rithvik looked damn furious. "Did any one of you tried to stop them?" Mr.Sobti bawled fiercely. Swayam, Rey and Sharon lowered their heads in shame while others of the gang  squirmed at their atrocity. They had spoken something very wrong in the heat of moment and they were facing the outcome of it. They were the reason for the visual of their dream shaping broken.

"Taani…." Rey spoke for the first time after Taani entered. He felt utterly disappointed by himself. At least for the sake of knowing her, he should have interfered way before. He had loved her once. She turned her gaze to him. His face visibly compressed. "Don't Taani her, Mr.Singhania" Mr.Sobti interfered. "I want you to decide what I'm suppose to do with these people, Taani." He turned to Taani. She  stood perplexed. "I for once can't allow them to stay here anymore" he announced.

That smacked the gang in their guts. They could imagine their careers drowning. Taani looked shocked while Rithvik looked pleased. "Sir, please..." Rey felt his insides crumbling. All his efforts didn't deserve this punishment at least. Everything went smooth until gang opened their mouths. Mr.Sobti glared him. Swayam was at loss of words. He didn't speak. He just looked nullified. Probably, it was what they deserved, he thought.

Taani could see the tension seeping in Rey's posture. She couldn't foresee them losing an opportunity which they had hardly bestowed with. Looking him vulnerable made her insides burn in pain. She hated the fact that she still concealed feelings for the man who had no spine to stand up to her. And her brother. Even though she wanted nothing from him, she couldn't despise him. He was her brother whether he acknowledged it or not. She would never put his dream in stake to satisfy her ego. She just couldn't do it. That wasn't her. And the gang didn't exist any more for her. Closing her eyes, she took a small sigh. "Sir" she spoke. "I agree they have crossed their line…" she paused taking a deep breathe. "But please let them complete their project. We don't want to put a break in someone's ambitions. Please… let them stay" her voice whispered. Gang could feel the remorse hitting at their faces. They didn't deserved her forgiveness at all. They looked at each other in utter mortification. "Why do you have to be so good hearted, Taani?" Mr.Sobti knew long back what her answer would be. He purposefully made her to answer that particular question. He wanted those who considered as superiors learnt how gem of a person she is. When Surbhi called him and explained what happened with Taani, he couldn't fathom it. He was very much upset. Probably no one have an idea that Mr.Sobti knew every inch of Taani's past. She had confessed to him while after she joined the academy. It was her weakest moment when she lose her complete confidence to work or do anything. And he was the one to boast her up. He had taken her into his wings. He had seen her vulnerable stage. She was broken in her life. He was adamant to mend her wings back and let her fly. He succeeded doing it. In return, she turned as a beautiful assett to his success. He was Gobsmacked at her caliber and idiologies in life. She was too good to be so. Surprisingly her relationship with Surbhi brought them closer. She wasn't just an employee of him. He considered her as his family though he never vocally admitted it to anyone. Not even Surbhi.

******

Taani drove her car reminiscing all the events of the day. She was so tired. She could hardly remember Mr.Sobti agreeing to her decision. She walked away the moment Mr.Sobti warned them to "watch out and it was only for her sake you still stayed".

******

"Sorry Rey" Vicky and Nil said frightened. All of the D3 gang members were sitting in the lawn of the dormitories at night. Swayam and Sharon glared them. Rey stared straight ahead, without uttering a word in response. "We are sorry Rey… Hume nahi pata ta….ye sab kuch aisa hoga" simmi fiddled with her fingers afraid he would break it. Yet Rey didn't speak a word. "Ab maaf kardo Bhai... Pehle hi itna hungama hua hai…." Bharath hiccupped. "Rey… ab… you should stop being angry on them anymore" Kriya put her hand on his shoulder. He glared her. "Rey…please yaar" Vicky and nil bent on their knees holding their ears.

"Stop it guys" Rey stood so abruptly. His whole structure was blazing heatedly. Everyone fell silent. "Do you have any idea what just happened?" He pointed his two finger tapping Vicky's forehead. "We could have been banned from the academy… do you know what does it mean?" He held Nils shoulder. "We would have never got a job anywhere in the world" he grit his teeth. "Wo Toh usne already bataya na" bharath added remembering Me.sobti's words. "Toh phirse sunlo bharath" Sharon trotted towards Rey leaving Swayam's side. "Jab Tak baat dimag mein nahi jata hai….sunlo aap log…" she bellowed. "We could have never made our dream true" her face twitched in pain at her dumb friends. "Unhe Kya farak padnewala hai, Sharon" Rey's gaze burned the 4 of the people who was reason behind. Their heads lowered.

"Aplogoko Kya pada ta Taani ke peeche padne ka… why can't you people let her be…." His palm fisted. "Pehle to usko dance nahi AATA hai bolke uske peeche padte the... Ab jab hum uski under kaam Kar Rahe hai…. You people got a big ego" he shrieked. "Rey… in logone sirf Taani ko pucha ta…bas utna hi na….usne itna hungama Kiya...aap in logo ko kyun blame Kar rahe ho" kriya intervened. Swayam and Sharon stared her in disgust. "It wasn't Taani's fault, Kriya. Don't bring my sister into it" Swayam's patience was thinning. "Exactly" Sharon responded folding her hands onto her chest. Rey continued as if he didn't listened to her words.

"Rey… Hume Taani se aise baat nahi karna chahiye ta" Vicky accepted finally. "Ha…and aplogonko Meri behen ke baare mein bi aise baate nahi karni chahiye ti… when you yourself have boy besties and girl besties…." Swayam's sight could have put a hole if held the gaze any longer. "Guys… come out of it… You people have done a mistake... We have to be greatful to her for letting us one more chance…" he said. "If possible… please… say her sorry… and hope that she forgives" his stoic face suspended. "Sorry…Rey" Vicky, nil, simmi and rinni muttered simultaneously. "It's not me who need to hear it… " he said and trotted away from all of them. His insides churned. He was having an anxiety. There was a time when they openly insulted Taani. Though she was his girlfriend he always prioritized her last and let his friends criticize her. Even now, he had repeated the same mistake. If Taani forgave him for his past deeds, probably now she wouldn't forgive him for his muteness, when his friends talked shit. His heart ached abnormally. What kind of a man it made him. One who did everything to cover up his friends but failed to acknowledge the efforts of his once gf. He sure wanted to talk to her at any cost. Peace wouldn't acquire him unless he apologized to her for not one mistake. But for all the mistakes he never got a chance to confide in.

******

Author's note:

Hello my lovely readers,

Thank you for the huge response for this story. I would like to tell you all that I'm writing the plot based on your ideas taken from the comment section. Majority of the readers want Taani to end up with Rithvik. So I still have no idea about pairing. But for time being, I'll allow the story to continue in it's phase. Let me know what and all you want to see the characters going through. I'll surely implement them in the story.

Do vote and comment your views.

Thank you.

Love
Asha!