Chapter 28

A week had gone in the severe practice sessions for Taani & Rithvik. Taani still had little difficulty with the clean finishing of movements. Hence, they trained harder since they would get little time for practice in the coming week, as their engagement date was fixed during the period.

As the dates for the NGO event neared, all practiced on the original auditorium now. Time was scheduled for each team for their practices on the actual stage. Currently, Rithvik and Taani had occupied the place. They were practicing. "A slight tango rotation and halt…ok" Rithvik stepped along with Taani and both twirled with one leg on the ground while other rose in the air. At the same time, D3 gang entered the place. Since, the next hour included their practice session.

"Wow…." Sharon mouthed flabbergasted. Swayam stared at his sister. He never had an inkling about her love for dance. Though she wasn't a professional dancer, looking at her performance wondered him. Gang watched them with an open mouthed astonishment. Rey stared at Taani and nothing came close to his visibility other than her. And something sad stirred deep inside him. He remembered her dancing with him in the past. That was such a happy memory. Kriya watched him. She felt a pang of pain exploding. Since the day of their breakup, he hadn't once tried to talk to her to make it up with her. He was distancing himself even more.

"Just twirl on one leg for 30 seconds… That's the only part you are lacking at" Rithvik smiled and stepped back to check her step. They were oblivious to the people present there. As the music began, Taani focused and did as Rithvik suggested. She would put her heart and soul in it. As the 30seconds ended, her ankle slipped and Taani fell.

"Taani"  3 members screeched simultaneously. Rithvik and Rey moved towards her while Swayam watched all in a transfixed gaze. Since Rithvik was the one who stood closer to her, he was the first one to reach her. Rey stood dumbly as Taani put her hand on Rithvik's shoulder for support. Rey didn't move or retraced.

"You ok?" Rithvik cupped her face knowing she was hurt. She nodded scrunching her face lightly in pain. She shuddered as the pain on her ankle ascended. Rithvik stared in between her face and leg, finally checking on the wounded place. At his slight touch, she felt horrible pain blaring up. She yelled. "Please take her to the medical wing" Swayam had joined them on the stage. He was concerned for his sister. But he knew better than to hold her. She would receklessly abandon him from touching her. Rithvik who was in daze for the first time observed they got some audience. Taani winced. "it's going to be ok... Taani" He scooped her up in his arms. He walked away carrying her in his arms. Rey's constricted feelings were thumping hardly. He loathed the sight. Someone was taking care of her. That was a nice thing. Yet he couldn't throw away how he felt watching Rithvik & Taani together. Before he could avert his gaze away, he caught a glimpse of Taani's eyes viewing him.

******

"Ouch…" Taani screamed in pain. There were no doctors or nurses in the hospital wing. Rithvik had put Taani to sit on the bed and checked whole section. He hadn't found one. So he was trying to acupressure her ankle. "Owe.Rithvik… it's hurting…" she cried as he tried to twist her ankle. He suddenly rose, facing her. She leaned back slightly at his abrupt closeness. It was still very new and intoxicating. Being on a hospital bed didn't help her senses when he came closer to her. That was even more tempting as she was on the bed. His hands which held her ankle slowly grazed up on her thigh. She shivered and held on to his shoulders. Both locked their eyes. His one hand snaked around her waist and pulled her closer. She shivered at the contact of his hand on her bare waist. He gasped at the close contact of their lower bodies. His other hand caressed her waist and again travelled back to her thigh. He drawled a series of drawings on her clothed thigh as his lingered for few seconds. She gasped even more."Rithvik…. Koi aa jayega" she murmured. "Aane do" his voice was hoarse. "Hum… hospital ke andar hai…." Her voice trembled. "Toh…" his face inched closer, breathing on her lips. "Toh… hum… aisa…." She blushed lowering her eyes. He smiled at her shyness. "Kaisa?" He asked her huskily. Their foreheads touched, noses caressed and lips were…. "Ouch" Taani cried as Rithvik's hand on her thigh travelled lower to her ankle and twisted it. He pulled back from the intimacy and checked her ankle. "You… " Taani gaped as her jaw hit the floor. He did come close to her purposefully. "Ab teek hai… pain Kam hua hai" Rithvik was laughing yet holding her ankle. Her face flushed at his audacity of  coaxing her into his romance. She frowned and fold out her arms across chest. The deep hurt was gone though the slight pain remained. "Ab pain Gaya hai toh humara romance phirse start Kar sakte hai" Rithvik put his both hands around her. "Mujhe nahi karna hai" she pushed him. But his hold around her tightened. "Leave me… you Mr.Dhanjani" she thwarted his hands away. "Ouch…. Ouch…. ouch" he still held her even more tightly. "Sorry baba…. Agar aise hi twist karta toh ..  tujhe pain hota" he confessed. "Phir bi….iskeliye tum ye sab…." She scowled unwilling to put her thoughts in front of him. "Ye sab….Kya.…?" His eyebrow leapt up. "Tum…." She blushed. He was again doing it deliberately. She withered in his embrace to pull free. He pulled her on her chest, placing a hand on her cheek. "Agar tumhe mere saath kuch kuch karna hai… you don't need to shy away from me Taani. You know… I would love to see you taking the lead" he pronounced each word cautiously. She felt calm and let listen to him. "Tum kaise Socha ki mein Mera kaam aada adhura chodta Hun..." He watched her face. It relaxed but anticipated something from him. Without any more vocal communication, he placed his lips on her. She heaved as his mouth opened capturing her plump lips. She coiled her hands around his neck. His hands roamed on her back landing on her bare waist. She twisted her hands in his hairs. He squeezed the skin on her waist pulling her to attach onto his body. She was afraid of this kind of intimacy. But it was Rithvik. If she didn't trust him, she wouldn't trust any other. He was gentle yet demanding. His mouth commanded her to let him in. She hesitated for a brief second but she let him in. She too would wanted every bit of him to enjoy. He was afraid of going too fast. So he restricted back for a bit. But it was getting too difficult to handle his reaction whenever she was close and made some cute antics around him. He loved her. That was reason enough to make her feel what he wanted by giving what she wanted. He clearly saw her disappointed face when he pulled away from kissing. That moment he realized something. If both were goofing around in shyness, it would be difficult to each other to let know what they mean together. Though he would want Taani to take lead, he wanted to assure her that he was in synch with her. He wanted her as much as she wanted him.

Her mouth opened slightly catching his lips. He groaned. His hands worked on her legs. He put her legs across his waist. Now, both in a perfect coil. Both their mouths opened and caught each other, while their bodies electrified in a long burn. He was loosing his senses. It would go too far if he wouldn't stop the kiss. She for once had forgotten the barriers between them enjoyed their actual first kiss.

After a long few minutes, both pulled back holding their foreheads in contact. "That was…..amazing…." He whispered. She blushed seeing how close they had become. "We should often do it…" he winked. "Shut up Rithvik" she chided playfully. "I'm serious… we should do this often" he pouted. "Besharam…" she swayed her head but was smiling ruthlessly.

******

"Are…. Rey aaona….please" Swayam pleaded him. Swayam had taken Rey to football court for the evening. While coming back, Swayam wanted to visit a jewellery shop. But Rey was adamant, denying his company. "Are please yaar… do minute ka kaam hai….aao…" he pulled him to one of the luxurious gold shop.

"Tumko Kya buy karna hai yaha…" Rey peered in curiosity. Swayam didn't know whether to confess the truth to him or not. He hadn't told about Taani's engagement date to Rey yet. But he would tell him eventually. He wanted him to get out of this obsessive zone as Taani already moved on in her life. Though Rey didn't make a move on her for sometime, Swayam still doubted him. "Kuch Lena hai….ruko…." Swayam paraded forward.

"Apka order ready hai, sir" the shopkeeper disappeared back. "Tune already order karke raka hai" now Rey really wondered. "Tum Sharon ko kuch surprise denewala hai Kya?" He asked with utmost stupidity. Before Swayam could answer him, the shopkeeper returned with a box. As Swayam opened the box, Rey's gaze stuck on the piece of ornament placed in. It was a beautiful customised neck chain. It had a series of letters, T A A W I K. He didn't understood. "Who's Taawik? I thought you were buying a present for Sharo…" He smiled in a questioning look. "Rey…. It's for Taani" he replied. Rey still didn't understood the meaning behind it. He felt happy to see Swayam actually making an effort for Taani. That was a nice gesture. "That's nice, Swayam" he said uncomfortably as the conversations about Taani between them was always guarded. "What's Taawik?" He asked again. "It's Taani & Rithvik=TaaWik" Swayam responded his eyes roaming to see his reaction. Rey froze to his place. "Taani is getting engaged this week and I wanted to present something special for her. It was Sharon who suggested me this" Swayam let the truth out. It blasted Rey in a way one could not imagine. Though Taani rejected him, he still had tiny bit of hopes. Call him whatever, that's how he felt. But the truth by Swayam smacked him right in the gut. That's when his little hopes dwindled. TaaRey has long faded and replaced with TaaWik. That will be the biggest disappointment of his life. Losing Taani because of his own mistakes.

Author's note:

Hello all,

How are you guys? Sorry for missing regular updates. Will try to post it everyday. Please let me know what and all you want to see in the story? If there is something you are not liking it or something you want to read, just put your opinions. I would like to know.

I would also request you guys to suggest me a new female character for the story. I need one.

Do vote and comment your views guys.

Love - Asha