Chapter 14

A white limo over rode Taani's car and she slid into a sudden halt. She was so angry already because of the events occured back in time. She unlatched the car door and stepped outside. A figure strolled out. "Rithvik" she gasped. "yes….mam" he saluted joining beside her. "You got to be kidding me" she glared. "Of course not" his hand landed on her shoulder. He pouted. "Someone has to control my annoyed Taani when she's about to bust everyone" he pulled a face. "Oh… why is so that?" She watched him unconvinced. Rithvik finally stopped pretending. "You are ok, right?".  He held her shoulders. "Yeah… i'm" she whispered lowering her eyes. It would have been nice if he didn't stared her. She couldn't look him into the eye and lie. She wasn't ok. But she disliked making him worry. "Don't lie to me, at least…." He caught her. He knew Taani for two years. He knew every reaction of her. He knew she wasn't ok at the moment. Which is why, he had followed her back. She sighed pulling away from his hold. "What am I suppose to say, Rithvik? That I'm not ok… I'm hurt…. I'm annoyed at my brother, my once upon a Time friends or…." She turned to him. "Shhh…" he placed a finger on her mouth silencing. For a brief moment, she felt the skin of his fingers touching her lips and was distracted at his changing proximity towards her. "It happens sometimes, Taani… it's ok to vent it out… or share with someone…." He didn't leave her eyes. "I can only imagine what you have gone through in the past. And trust me, if I knew you then… probably I would have done worse things to them even if they were friends of your brother…." He stressed on the last part. She was shocked beyond her senses. She had a second guess of his anger. But the words he told now bothered her. "Hey… " her one hand crept up to hold his. "Don't worry… I'm not going to be reckless and take it on them now…" he paused. "Only because you have given them a chance… and I don't want to create another drama into Mr.Sobti's books… he already had a rough day" his lips pulled up. "Tumko kaise pata hota hai…." Her eyes gleamed. He looked confused. "Yahi ki… mujhe kab Kaise Manana hai… mujhe kab Kya chahiye…. You are just amazing sometimes" she wondered. "oh that's not fair, Taani. I'm always the wonder boy… not just sometimes" he winked. "Acha baba…. Wonder boy ho Tum… let me tell Wahi about your wonder boy story" she giggled. "Oh no…. Not to the baby boy…. He doesn't stop pecking me…." He chuckled. "You…. You are so mean…" she tittered. "But… on a serious note, thank you….Rithvik... I don't know how you do it… but you just made me smile…" her pupils bulged. He just watched her for a minute. She looked so amazing yet so innocent. That was the best part he liked about her. He tugged her into a slight embrace. She snuggled in his warmth unknown something started brewing between them. He kissed her on her hair, nestling her closer.

******

Rey's hand froze on the steering wheel. He leant a car to meet Taani in her house. He badly wanted to apologise her. He knew everything was messed up and a complete chaos. But he need to speak or else the guilt would eat him off. When he started to her home, he hadn't expected to encounter the sight before him. A little far away from Taani's car he watched Rithvik zooming in and the further scenario. His gut clenched hard. His breathe increased suddenly causing a nauseated symptom. He didn't like a bit of their coziness. His hands hardened on the wheel. His teeth clenched. He shouldn't feel it. But the emotion was so powerful and it intoxicated him to pull away Rithvik from her. That was insane. He had a gf back in the dormitories waiting for him. He shouldn't let some other girl affect him, though she was his ex. He came to beg for pardon but wheeled the car in other direction passing back before either of they noticed him.

******

"Taani… my hunny bunny…" Wahi followed Taani opening his arms wider. "Why do he look so happy?" Taani asked Surbhi who was smiling. Surbhi had called her to join her in the cafeteria. When she entered, Wahi acted abnormal. "Oh sweety…. My beauty…" Wahi changed his tune dancing a guitarist step for Taani. "You ok….Wahi" she shook him. "Let him be, Taani" Surbhi sniggered. She sipped her coffee and spit a little amount as Wahi did a somersault. "Gods!" Taani muttered. "He's being idiotic from the morning" surbhi told her. "He's not talking at all… rather he's busy in abusing me and my husband" she shrunk her nose. Taani looked befuddled. "Why?" She asked. "Because we haven't gone on any honeymoon until today… and all the time we are just roaming lecturing people in the academy.…" She rolled her eyes at Wahi. That broke Wahi's weirdness. "Did you hear that Taani?" Wahi halted beside the girls. "See… they haven't done it…" he said. Taani withheld her laugh. Surbhi turned beetroot red cursing all the bad words. "You are turning to be a perv…" surbhi chided him. "Oh …. No … I mean…. My intention was telling you to catch your husband for a while and take him away for a vacation. Don't you see…. He's all so into his work rather than you" he warned her. That was true. "I guess… you should consider it" Taani barely hid the erupting laughter. Surbhi looked abashed. "You too… started…. Not fair to join him" Surbhi faked an anger. She crossed her hands and stared no where. "Awe…" Wahi pulled her cheeks. She thwarted his hands away. "Don't fret now, surbhi… I was just playing along" Taani cuddled her. Surbhi didn't budge but smiled. "Hum bi toh hai…" Wahi peered them. He then pulled both of them into a tight hug squishing their necks. "Phir bi… u have to think of the honeymoon idea" he murmured earning a slight punch from her. Then all three broke into a fit of laughter.

******

Author's note:

It's indeed a small chapter. I didn't get time to update. But still you my many beautiful readers were waiting. So I took little time now and wrote it for you all. Hope you enjoy the chapter. Do vote and comment your precious views.

Love
Asha