Chapter 26

While Rithvik carried Taani in his arms, Barun bumped into them. "Oowww" he muttered halting. The sight in front made him gag. Though he was aware of their relationship, he felt little uncomfortable at the ease of their open romance. It's not because he didn't like or envied. It's purely at the interest of his brotherly feelings towards Taani. It wasn't just Rithvik. He would have hard time to accept her with any other guy. He considered her as a sister. And that was enough reason to feel protective towards her.

"Bhai" Taani poked Rithvik in his ribs. He was still watching Barun who's gaze was fixed on them. Startled at Taani's tickle, he mouthed her "what?" She glared him to put her down. As if realising the awkwardness in the scene, he put her down looking everywhere. "Oh…. Oh…" Taani stammered impotent. Barun gulped back any retort towards Rithvik at the moment. He smiled inwardly at Taani's restlessness. "Taani… can you just take me to Surbhi?" Barun asked her purposefully. Taani stared him shocked for a second. She didn't know what to do. Whether to go with Rithvik or Barun. "Ji Bhai …" she nodded pondering for a minute. She passed an apologetic look to Rithvik and began moving away. Rithvik stared her retired figure.

"Rithvik…" Barun put his hands on Rithvik's collar correcting it. "You guys aren't married yet. I tell you… keep your hands away from my sister, until you marry her" he advanced warning him with tight smile. He held back a chuckle at Rithvik's traumatised face. He was the biggest prankster! He wouldn't deny their privacy. At the same time, he enjoyed chastising them. It increased the closeness between people.

******

Surbhi was surprised to see Barun trotting towards them along with Taani. "Taani… tum yaha Kya Kar rahe ho… tu toh Rithvik ke saath gayi ti na" Wahi noticed. Taani descended her eyes finding an excuse to make. If she confronted the truth, everyone were going to roll on the floor laughing at her. So she opted a safe way. "Oh … Bhai wanted to meet Surbhi" she diverted answering loudly. So that everyone heeded her.

Surbhi's eyes locked with Barun. She was still hurt at his denial. She didn't smile at him. Instead, carried the cold shoulder. He needed to make an effort. She wouldn't forgive him unless she was satisfied, though she was already vaporized by his presence. Swayam who was among them, felt a displeased pang at Taani's easy way with Barun. She called him bhai and that irked him in many ways. Where she didn't even looked at him in the eye, let alone talking.

******

Rithvik sighed on the chair sniffing at his drink. He was so annoyed actually. Even if it was his boss or brother in a way, he cursed Barun for destroying his moment. Couldn't he attended little later. He would have taken Taani somewhere.

"Can I join?" Swayam was suffocated at Taani's ignorance, trotted away from the group. He spotted Rithvik sitting alone and joined him. "Yeah… sure" Rithvik bobbed, concealing his disappointed face. They were quiet for a long minute. They smiled unwieldy at each other. "Nice weather…" Rithvik muttered and cursed knowing how lame it was. "Yeah…." Swayam smield uncomfortably. They never spoke in a person with each other. They were just professional colleagues. But it would soon change. And both were willing to work it out.

"You really do love, Taani" Swayam exclaimed suddenly. Rithvik stared him with a mischievous grin. Of course he loved her. Swayam indeed had observed them. Though it is quiet difficult for him to get done with the boys in Taani's life, he started respecting her decision. He valued her choice. He definitely understood her trust in Rithvik. He was a wonderful guy. That's the reason he was happy for her. Both of them. "When are you going to talk to our parents, then?" Swayam questioned him. That killed Rithvik's enthusiastic brain. He almost forgot he need to bring Mr & Mrs. Shekawat on board. He couldn't marry unless he got their blessings. How couldn't he remember that?