Chapter 10

*Recap*

Then we start talking about stuff, from pins on Pinterest to trending books on Wattpad and other stuff. We eventually hang up because it was late and I was doing off, we tell each other good night and promise to call tomorrow.

Karla's pov

Tuesday

Finally those words I've been waiting to hear.

"Class is dismissed."

Don't get me wrong I love history and all but learning on the conflicts between both families and arranged marriages is just giving me vibes on my life.

And right now I'm trying to avoid that part.

Plus this is my last class for the day.

I start packing up my books as I wait for Tina to walk over to my table, she sits at the end of my row.

Tina walks over and asks,
"Hey! Are you ready to go?"

"Chile! I've been ready since the period started." I tell her.

She chuckles, "K, let's go."

We take her car because she has a car and mine's at repairs since it needed a new part or something like along the lines of that.

Today I've been very nervous clumsy, jitterish and out of thought.

This morning, I almost burnt my nugget and I've only burnt it once.

Plus  I was 13 and I was learning how to cook.

I hear my name and a hand starts snapping infront of my face.

I push the hand out of my face and look at the culprit. It was Tina.

" Yeah?" I say dazed from thinking .

"I was asking what you wanted, but it seems like you weren't ......here. "
She says looking concerned,

"Are you sure you're, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I respond
trying not to bother her.

Like what would i say,
'I'm secretly planning on marrying my father's enemies son  against my mother's wishes so that we'll not my dad's company and be financially stable.'

Then, NO!

"Are you-"

"Excuse me Miss, uhm, your holding up the line." The  dude on the intercom says.

Saved by the intercom!! I internally cheer while She scowls at the intercom.

"Oh uh sorry." I say and continue,
"I'll have a large sized blue lemonade and the big TK. burger special."

The blue lemonade was literally a lemonade but with sprinkles of natural blueberry powder.
She drives through the drive through and collects our food.

*Time skip*

I walk around the shelves of the sci-fi section to check if the books are arranged.

I don't regularly check this section that much because in this town, people don't really come 'round this section because these days it's not 'trendy', apparently.

Plus the only person who comes here is the nicest boy, his name's Aaron. He's a 9th grader actually the only person in the whole town who actually comes here most of the time and cleans up after himself, which is a bonus! 

So I don't really go there since it's kind of his space but I check around there once in a while.
I mean its  my job.

Once I'm done I go downstairs to the kids section to check on Tina.

The kids section is literally a wonderland for the kids. There are drawing brightly painted yellow shelves, little cute bean bags and for the kids a corner with chairs and tables painted.

Just honestly awesome.

And guess who got to help in designing this?

Me!

In 11th grade we got to design and do all this stuff. It was actually nice.

"Are you done arranging the kids section?"

Yeah! I'm done with that?

"Oh ok. Let me tell Ms.Joy that we are done." I say walking away. She says a 'k'.

I check my watch and it's 4:30 the  library closes at 8:00.

I walk over to Ms.Joy's office (workplace).

Ms.Joy is a Hawaiian but Asian by ethnicity. She's in her late 30s.  A perfect motherly figure with a very nice and welcoming person with a tad bit of strictness in her.

With her height at 5'8 and a very stunning figure what people would call 'slim thick', with high cheekbones, pretty eyes and black hair in a silly messy bun mostly.

Aside from being a libarian she's also writer and has some of her best works displayed here, from 'The Matcha Date' to 'For The Broken Hearted'.

I knock on the open door. She looks up at me from her laptop and beckons me to come in.

"Hi Joy! I just wanted to tell you that we are done so we'll be heading out. So I wanted to know whether we could go now or not?"

"Oh ok. Your done everything, right?" She asks.

"Yup" I say.

"Ok, well unless you want to hang around I don't see any problem with you two leaving." She says.

"Thanks Joy! Have a good day." I say.

" I will!!! Enjoy your night! Get a boyfriend perhaps!"

I laugh and walk out.

I walk out of the building and descend down to the parking lot where Tina is waiting for me in her white Mercedes.

I jog over to her car, open the door and hop in.

"You took my bag and purse, right?"

"Yeah, it's in the back. She says as she starts the engine."

"Thanks." I say.

She slightly shakes her head,
"Your not welcome."

I 'tswww' her.

She sticks her tongue out.

We continue doing this and other silly stuff till we get to my home.

"Are you sure you don't wanna come in? "

"Thanks but I'll pass.
I love your mum and Riley's food but .......... nope, plus I promised my mom I'll visit.
And if you want me to choose between my mom's food and your mom's.......

*She leans back into her chair, closes her eyes and sticks her tongue out*
(playing dead)

We both chuckle at this.

*Ringgg*

I saw dimples first,
t

hen I heard the accent.
They say home is where the heart is,
but that's not where mine lives
(London boy by Taylor Swift)

"Yeah mom, I'm on my way. No. I'm dropping Karla at hers.
Yeah, I'm on my way.

Ok now we've reached your stop, so out!!" She says playfully.

"Bye love you, crazy!" I say

"Okay, bye bye mi idiota!" She says.

She "tsww's" me then smirks and says, "Bye Hope!"

I roll my eyes at her and get out of her car and close the door.
She starts to reverse and drives out.

I wave at her as she drives out.

A/N:
That's all for my girls!!! I hope you liked this chapter.
Comment, Star and share.❤️❤️.   Bye!!! PS. I'm back!!!
Good day.  :)